+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Very discouraging

Soulwalker

Default Very discouraging

Firstly i'd like to thank Trion for the wonderful game they provide, and right now, I feel the PvP is the most balanced it has ever been, class/soul wise. However, gear wise it is ridiculous. I only play this game for PvP while I do enjoy it I think the ranking system is bad. I feel discouraged from leveling a new char because of the colossal amount of time it's taken to me to get anywhere decent on my main. From rank 1-5, you have to suck it up and get completely roflstomped in the majority of PvP encounters, and then finally after the marathon grind fest you become the one doing the roflstomping - at last some fun.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Prophet of Telara

It's discouraging, yes, but it hasn't stopped me from ranking up my Mage. I have lot more fun with the recent Valor change and the bonus weekends help with the painful start. It's nothing like the suffering I had to endure on my Rogue with the old system.

(inb4chlorolocksareop)
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Rift Disciple

There will always be a gear disparity. If there wasn't PVP gear, then people in T1 gear would be getting owned by people in HK gear. As long as there is character advancement, there will always be disparity. Pretty much every MMO is the same.

Rift Master

In before:

Stop whining.
    Lrn2likeit.
    We had to go through it.
    Suck it up.
    Toughen up.
    Get farmed.
    Lolnewbie.
    LolWoWCarebear.
    Go Back to WoW.
    No Welfare Epics, plz
    QQ more.
    Its like hazing.
    Stop being lazy.
    Grind your skill like the rest of us.
    Raid to get PvP gear.
    The gap isn't bad u just suck.
    Go support until rank 6
    Stick to PvE.

Did I miss any? Let me know guys.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 09-17-2011 at 10:15 AM.

Been having unequaled amounts of fun ranking up my mage as pyro archon from 2 to almost 6 now, wiout even using chlorolock since that's boring as hell
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

Prophet of Telara

I think you missed 'back in the day we had to grind our ranks barefoot through the snow, twice a day, uphill, both ways'.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pudde View Post
    Firstly i'd like to thank Trion for the wonderful game they provide, and right now, I feel the PvP is the most balanced it has ever been, class/soul wise. However, gear wise it is ridiculous. I only play this game for PvP while I do enjoy it I think the ranking system is bad. I feel discouraged from leveling a new char because of the colossal amount of time it's taken to me to get anywhere decent on my main. From rank 1-5, you have to suck it up and get completely roflstomped in the majority of PvP encounters, and then finally after the marathon grind fest you become the one doing the roflstomping - at last some fun.

Trion needs to split ranks in WF 1-5 6-8 how hard can it be.

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down

So wait, lemme get this straight...

Since I work 2 jobs I don't have the massive amt of time to dedicate as a lot of other people, so I'll cut to the chase.

For the next few MONTHS all I have to look foward to, as a healer(s), is to be chased hither and yon to be 2shot by practically everything red that moves, have no support, watch the ppl around me try to kill everyone BUT the other healer, and be trolled for:

1. being 2shot
    2. being a new 50
    3. being a healer
    4. telling them who the other healer(s) are
    5. going for objectives
    6. being a Guardian (do we ever win? Seriously?)
    7. All the other crap I missed - I noticed all the 12 year olds are 50 already, holy crap did I find THAT out fast.

I mean...S--(bleep), kids I might as well go back you-know-where, at least there was a light at the end of the tunnel and we might win once a week. Is there any hope?

Last edited by Martine; 09-17-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    I think you missed 'back in the day we had to grind our ranks barefoot through the snow, twice a day, uphill, both ways'.
    And 'stop wanting to be carried'

Rift Disciple

Funny you should mention this really, cause I was thinking about this as well today. I think valor and gear are a problem, but not the main problem.
    The biggest problem is balance really.
    In another thread someone stated that casters should stay away from melee as this would be a bad thing. Casters focus on casters, melee on melee.
    Makes no sense really. Why wouldn't a mage or cleric be able to kill a warrior.
    Warrior is melee, mage and most clerics are magic.

Right now a warrior, and probably a rogue as well (given equal gear and skill), can kill any caster without much problem. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think this is due to balance but also due to low hp in general and cc being way out of control.
    Immune, immune, resist etc.
    My 2 c.

Ascendant

if you can play only ten minutes every other month - sorry, this game is time-intensive so its not for you, just go play something else.
    why a game should obligatorily cater to everybody? not everybody can play pro-football, not everybody can be a Master chess player, just accept your limits and chose your games accordingly.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by sprasz View Post
    Trion needs to split ranks in WF 1-5 6-8 how hard can it be.
    And same ppls comes with new QQ that now it takes longer to rank up because of queue times.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

I think the valor changes made a massive change to gameplay. When it comes to the gear differential, I agree that it is extreme. That being said, the valor change allows you to greatly contribute to PVP even at low ranks.

Rogue: Marksman or Bard
    Mage: Chloro or Dom
    Cleric: Any heals
    Warrior: VK or Warlord Guard Spec

The above builds all work well in warfronts at low ranks.

That being said, I completely agree about the idea of grinding an alt to rank 8 being very off-putting. I'd much rather grind an alt to 50 than an alt 50 to P8.

I hope that Trion introduces PVP heirloom gear. That is, gear you can buy for your alts that increases the prestige gained in warfronts.

[QUOTE=Lysander Salavone;3147101]In before:

Stop whining.
    Lrn2likeit.
    We had to go through it.
    Suck it up.
    Toughen up.
    Get farmed.
    Lolnewbie.
    LolWoWCarebear.
    Go Back to WoW.
    No Welfare Epics, plz
    QQ more.
    Its like hazing.
    Stop being lazy.
    Grind your skill like the rest of us.
    Raid to get PvP gear.
    The gap isn't bad u just suck.
    Go support until rank 6
    Stick to PvE.

Did I miss any? Let me know guys.

spoken like a true scrub....

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    if you can play only ten minutes every other month - sorry, this game is time-intensive so its not for you, just go play something else.
    why a game should obligatorily cater to everybody? not everybody can play pro-football, not everybody can be a Master chess player, just accept your limits and chose your games accordingly.
    I'll assume you're speaking to me. I've repeatedly been an arena titled healer in several seasons elsewhere on different healing classes with my time constraints. I'm an experienced and successful pvp healer in warfront type settings as well - you would think that such a thing would be desired here.

From what I've seen thus far this is not the case. Seriously? I can go do crap dps and really not contribute, rather than throw down 100K+ healing from my first match and living in the GY half the time for want of puggers with a clue.

Just for openers - can ppl stop yelling at me to heal their sorry @$$es when I died right next to them a few minutes ago? I could go on....
    Last edited by Martine; 09-18-2011 at 08:24 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast