+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ajaxmil
  • 1 Post By Licentia

Thread: Enough whining!! Thanks Trion

Soulwalker

Default Enough whining!! Thanks Trion

I am so disapointed by this community sometimes.

If you scan the forums you see mostly whining and finger pointing and rude comments.

I think Trion has created an amazing game.

The classes are mostly balanced (not every soul).

Most people just need to learn how to play!

THANK YOU Trion for a real alternative to WOW, and a game I believe is far superior!!

I just hope you survive the release of SWTOR.......

I still think you are a better product!!

(this is from a star wars fan that has read most of the novels and seen the movies a million times)
    Last edited by ajaxmil; 09-17-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Shadowlander

While I agree that the game is great I disagree in telling people to stop whining. This forum is probably the biggest source of feedback trion has to judge how balanced the game, callings and souls are. If someone comes in here complaining that they got rolled on their <insert class> by a <insert class> that is useful information. Even if it is just a counter to the reversed rolling that happened to someone from the second class by someone of the first class. As long as people are polite I say let them whine. If they continuously whine ignore them. If you have a valid argument to their complaint then make it. If you have a problem with people voicing their opinions (whining included) then I think you are in for a lot of frustration when coming to an MMO PvP forum.
    I hope that trion as a game development company can filter the unfounded complaints from the valid concerns. And without feedback they have a severely limited data set to go off of.

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxmil View Post

If you scan the forums you see mostly whining and finger pointing and rude comments.

THANK YOU Trion for a real alternative to WOW, and a game I believe is far superior!!

(this is from a star wars fan that has read most of the novels and seen the movies a million times)
    There is a lot of QQing on these forums but some of its pretty legit complaints. I believe Trion created an awsome game as well but it still has issues and im talking about PvP issues.

No, the classes are no where near balanced and probably won't ever be, atleast in PvP but that doesn't mean they can't try to balance it.

The players that do know how to play are the ones complaining about the real issues.

Superior to WoW? No but visually? Yes.

Imo i don't think Trion has anything to worry about from SWTOR, Guild Wars 2? Maybe.
    Last edited by Jeanirenicus; 09-17-2011 at 02:41 PM.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

The solo and group pve is fun. PVP on the other hand needs work. CC lol not in pvp

Would be a little boring to read post after post praising Trion for being perfect like the OP did.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noshadowking View Post
    The solo and group pve is fun. PVP on the other hand needs work. CC lol not in pvp
    There is too much CC already from the point of view as a healer I still get chain stunned all the time...I don't mind a brief stun but when you can't do anything and are under 30% in r6/r7 gear by the time you can do anything (if break free isn't up) it gets pretty irritating.

Ascendant

well the people that know anything about the game are pretty upset. if you have this delusion then i can see why you don't get why people are upset.

it wouldn't be a big deal if the game didn't have such a huge grind, people could just reroll real quick when they found that they are completely pathetic because of class balance but its like 4 months+ to make a new character just to see if you like playing it... horrible design
    Last edited by generatedname; 09-17-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Shadowlander

Nice trolling, mate. Or was it sarcastic post? Hard to guess, but still, thanks for making me lol.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by billyb3 View Post
    While I agree that the game is great I disagree in telling people to stop whining. This forum is probably the biggest source of feedback trion has to judge how balanced the game, callings and souls are. If someone comes in here complaining that they got rolled on their <insert class> by a <insert class> that is useful information. Even if it is just a counter to the reversed rolling that happened to someone from the second class by someone of the first class. As long as people are polite I say let them whine. If they continuously whine ignore them. If you have a valid argument to their complaint then make it. If you have a problem with people voicing their opinions (whining included) then I think you are in for a lot of frustration when coming to an MMO PvP forum.
    I hope that trion as a game development company can filter the unfounded complaints from the valid concerns. And without feedback they have a severely limited data set to go off of.
    I disagree. The biggest source of "feedback" to judge how balanced everything is actually comes from the data accumulated server side about what is happening in the game. That's where the devs not only get to see how things are working, but also how things are being used by the players.

So, for example, when the forums start lighting up with people saying, "I don't like this and everyone I know is quitting because they don't like it either so you had better change it or your game will die!!!!!!" the devs can look at their own objective numbers and decide whether or not that player is offering accurate, relevant feedback.

A big part of an MMO developer's job is managing player perception, but that doesn't mean they have to sacrifice their own vision to do it, and it doesn't mean they have to hop to attention every time someone complains, even if it means their decision to overlook certain criticisms ultimately leads some players to accuse them of "not listening".

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I say it pretty often, kind of, not really, but yeah...

Player A has a problem.
    Player B has a problem.

Player A's problem is not Player B's problem.
    Player B's problem is not Player A's problem.

When Player A complains about Problem A, Player B often accuses Player A of whining.
    When Player B complains about Problem B, Player A often accuses Player B of whining.

It happens time and time again.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Master

I am so disapointed by this community sometimes )
    me too!

When people take posts like this seriously, the community suffers.

Btw, where did you get the official trion fanboy t-shirt, been having trouble sourcing one in XXXX.

Help a fatty out please!

I'm playing rift even when star wars comes out, I am perfectly happy with this game and what TRION has done so far. Let the kiddies go play star wars, I'm not gonna grind new levels and gear just because all over again. This game rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    There is too much CC already from the point of view as a healer I still get chain stunned all the time...I don't mind a brief stun but when you can't do anything and are under 30% in r6/r7 gear by the time you can do anything (if break free isn't up) it gets pretty irritating.
    If you think this game has too much CC, you should check out world of warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I say it pretty often, kind of, not really, but yeah...

Player A has a problem.
    Player B has a problem.

Player A's problem is not Player B's problem.
    Player B's problem is not Player A's problem.

When Player A complains about Problem A, Player B often accuses Player A of whining.
    When Player B complains about Problem B, Player A often accuses Player B of whining.

It happens time and time again.
    I don't necessarily disagree, but it's not so much the fact that someone has a problem so much as who they're looking to in order to fix it. A lot of player problems are created by themselves through ignorance or ineptitude.

A lot of people don't want to be told that they're dying/losing because they're not doing things as well as they could. They're not using their tools, they're not assessing the situation properly, and/or they're not seeing the big picture. But what they don't get is that when they come to forums with a kvetch and ask the devs to change things to suit them, there are going to be people who are fine with things as they are and would prefer not to see them changed. I didn't like having saboteur nerfed, and I didn't feel that their burst was so substantial that they warranted being gutted while pyros were just settling in to melt faces from GoS. Ultimately I was able to understand that the nature of saboteur damage (pure burst) was not a fun mechanic for people to have to deal with. (And I even see it now in lowbie warfronts where sab still does very well...that burst is obnoxious.)

I'm more the kind of guy, specifically as it relates to pvP (warfronts) where if I'm routinely getting beat down I'm first stopping to think if there is something I could have done differently (there often is) and if I did everything 'right' (within reason) I look around and see what my teammates are doing, which is often not a whole hell of a lot. Sometimes it's apparent we're just being outplayed even though everyone on my team is doing a decent job. Most of the time, however, the ineptitude is glaring and it shows up on the field and in the scoreboard at the end of the match. And I know for a fact a lot of these people mulling about doing a whole lot of nothing are the same kinds of people who come to the forums and demand change to make their lives easier.

+ Reply to Thread