+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: Port Scion Quests

Shadowlander

Default Port Scion Quests

The repeatable quests in Port Scion aren't documented to have any effect on the actual warfront, and they don't seem to affect the score at all. What is the point of having them in Port Scion? And having the turn-in point also be in Port Scion, far away from most objectives?

I realize they give reputation, which is nice, but that's strictly an individual benefit, and does nothing to help your team win the warfornt.

As it is, they seem to just be a distraction, or a temptation to get players to not work towards objectives. At best, it's kind of annoying when I've filled up my 'kill enough guardians/endless cultists' quest, but we're boss rushing, so there's no good time to turn it in.

Am I missing something here?

Prophet of Telara

They spawn elites, which the enemy can kill for points. Win/win, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    They spawn elites, which the enemy can kill for points. Win/win, no?
    I can honestly say I did not pick up on that aspect. I bet a lot of people don't realize that.

Aside from user made threads, I wish the warfront screens gave a better run-down than a 50% lore description of the WF, but actually had a section of rules, benefits and functions. Scion listing stuff like this. Even codex saying "a, b, c cap points give X points. D cap point gives Y points" You do not generate point while etc etc etc. If you just log into the game and enter the warfront, you have to use intuition to figure out what is going on, cause unless you find a run-down on the forum there is literally no in game bit that tells you these things.

Cool though, I really didn't know this >.<

Prophet of Telara

That's what we have the Warfront generals for, just piece it together from the all caps abuse coming your way.

(I agree)
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    That's what we have the Warfront generals for, just piece it together from the all caps abuse coming your way.
    I loled. There are gems of wisdom between the expletives!

Shadowlander

Aren't those quests turned in at the same place you run the shards to?

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I can honestly say I did not pick up on that aspect. I bet a lot of people don't realize that.
    You didnt notice the 3 npcs that spawn when you turn in quests?

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I always just noticed NPC's hanging behind there in general most of the time. Didn't notice them popping up right as I turned in quests. It fills a void in my head cause aside from the bosses spawning your heroes, I wasn't sure where the endless elites came from. It could be from other people but yeah, sometimes I would go to turn the quest in and there would already be a gang of npc's back there. /shrug. Just overlooked it. But the fact 'quest turn ins' was a stat on the scoreboard made me think, there has got to be rhyme and reason to turning these quests in beyond personal benefit, especially since I think the boss would emote something about how your helping them. Haven't been to scion in a while, guess it's a good weekend to check it out
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-17-2011 at 12:19 PM.

I have only just started this warfront as i like to undertsand as much as i can in order to be a benefit to the team.

Just wondering on peoples general views on quest hand ins? As i understand it, the npcs that spawn offer points to the enemy when they kill them so with this in mind i have heard some people say that the quests should be a last priority. Anybody have any thoughts on whether these quests should be handed in at all or?

Just curious.
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    To be honest, just figured this out today after 3 weeks of Scion.
    There is no sign saying you should turn in quests for elites.
    When I'm turning in quests and accepting new ones I'm not paying attention to what happens if I do.
    It could have been a coincidence those elites popped for all I know.

I actually didn't turn them in that often since I found the reward not much of an incentive.
    That has changed.

Shadowlander

It's kinda interesting. I remember when I first read the rules, it said there was some way to call for reinforcements, but I guess I didn't put 2+2 together.

If enough people turn in quests simultaneously, do you get a massive army and win the game? It seems like a way the side who's having a losing streak can turn things around. Save up quests one game, and spam elites in the next.

On the other hand, do the reinforcements actually matter for anything? (besides points for the other team ;)

Scion is by far one of the most confusing maps ever designed. The idea probably looks pretty on paper, but in practice, most people don't even know what to do.

Too many little things to keep track of and no clear, set objective. Great for premades, but a nightmare for pugs.

Shadowlander

I'm not sure how I didn't notice this before . . .

at the bottom of the description for port scion, in the PvP window (where you queue up), it says: "Completing quests will grant your team reinforcements".

So, the question is now: are those reinforcements calling? are they just a waste of time? or are they actually detrimental, by being too easy and giving the other team points?

+ Reply to Thread