+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By VirusDancer
  • 1 Post By SirSensi

Thread: Bugs, Nerfs, & Buffs

Default Bugs, Nerfs, & Buffs

One can look around the forums and see people complaining that X is OP, Y is UP, etc - there are a myriad of threads asking for nerfs and buffs. We've seen the nerf bats and buff bats swung rather liberally since the headstart...

Some people may only play a single Calling. Some may dabble in a couple. I invite everybody to go look through the various forums for the Callings to look at all the threads about...BUGS.

Sure, you might see a few here. Heck, you might see some of it in the forums for your favorite Calling. Take a look at how many are out there though...for all four Callings.

There are bugs that have been around since the betas, and there are new bugs that have been introduced along the way...

How can we ever expect any semblance of balance in PvP while so many bugs exist? How many nerfs have been done because of bugs? How many buffs have been done because of bugs? How many nerfs have been done after a bug was fixed after a buff was done?

Be warned though, what you find - you may find upsetting. On one hand...hours, days, weeks or more of frustration you have experienced dealing with things not working the way you thought...might be explained. On the other hand...you may become aware of bugs that your opponents have been exploiting...for hours, days, weeks or more.

So let's take a break with asking for nerfs and buffs - and let's all rally together to get Trion to fix the bugs so we can see how the devs at Trion envisioned PvP would be played out...

...obviously, those that have enjoyed exploiting the bugs and wish to continue exploiting the bugs will be against this.

'eff 'em
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

there really aren't that many noticeable bugs in the skills, earth burst is the only one i can think of off the top of my head.

as a cleric i know that none of my skills are bugged to the point where it has an effect on game play

perhaps if you listed some of these bugged skills you talk about i'd believe you more, until then: *tinfoil hat*

AoE double tap and spellbreaker bugs come to mind.

Let's hope Trion will fix them.

There should be a Stickied Thread for all Callings on Bugs/Known Issues.

It would make it easier to find said listings, doing a forum search for them (for me, who can't stay on the boards all day searching) is too time consuming.
    Last edited by SirSensi; 09-17-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Chronyc (Formerly Naza@Shadefallen) - 50 R5 PvP Mage
    SirSensi - 19 Cleric
    Defiant - Deepwood

Rift Chaser

The problem with listing bugs in the general forum, is that many of them are exploitable. I've sent in bug reports on several that exist right now, that are *major* glaring bugs and contribute to some fairly insane DPS burst. I'm not going to post them here, because there are already enough people exploiting these.

Stuff that's non exploitable is fine to talk about, but so much of this stuff can be abused, and is the cause of a lot of miss-directed whining.

While I agree fully with what you said, I wasn't aiming for bugs like 'x ability doesn't work as intended, instead all you need is a bit of z trinket, and f potion and its a 1 hit finisher' type of bugs that promote the exploits.
    Rather a list of known issues that pertain to bugged abilities (like do not bother trying to use x ability or even speccing into x ability because it doesn't work at all) and/or things like 'hey, if you log in and un-equip everything, then re-equip it. You normalize your DPS and bring it in line as it should be displayed in your stats'.
    I do not want to know about the exploits. Just helpful known issues that Trion is addressing or made aware that the community is aware of, other than the random ticket that gets filed away. Or the SOE side of things where they get deleted and the 'customer' recieves a reply saying "working as intended".
    Chronyc (Formerly Naza@Shadefallen) - 50 R5 PvP Mage
    SirSensi - 19 Cleric
    Defiant - Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread