+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Representation, Clerics & Balance

Rift Master

Default Representation, Clerics & Balance

So how is it that Clerics have gotten away with murder in PvP thus far? I don't get it, is it a function of 'representation' so a page out of Kalgan/Ghostcrawler book or something else?

Do they have this dream of Warrior Priests running around in PvP?

Last edited by Cempa; 09-17-2011 at 05:13 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Clerics are probably the most balanced of all the classes. Although you would hear the exact opposite from bads.

ok ill match this in a educated fashion.

you sir speak of representation ?

well :getting away with murder" would dictate that clerics are somehow superior in pvp. yet when i scan warfronts the during each patch the past 6 months this game has been live, the cleric at no point has EVER been the best calling..... or the most represented in a warfront.

game started in beta with rogues being phenominal in assassin and marksman
    launched live with Champs and Sabs
    patched 1 and then we had pyros stormcallers
    then we had nightblades, Paragon/champs
    then a patch came out and cleric CABBALIST was overpowered.... this lasted 5 days....then patched
    so now we have nightblade combo rogues and pretty much any spec of warrior..

It is a very rare day when you see majority clerics in a wf. even more rare when you see 3 clerics at the top of kills in a wf. and when you do see a cleric at the top of kills, 9 time out of 10 they are high rank. yet any day of the week i can show you rogues or warriors who are on top as low rank .

so i cant see why someone would say the cleric gets away with murder, when its still the most underplayed class in the game much less in pvp.
    just go look at the forums click on "classes of telara" then look at how many posts

rogue 132,742
    war 115,609
    Mage 100,280
    cleric 86,046

its not like people pick up the game, click on the cleric symbol and have less to talk about on the internet. we are all the same, so the same % of people that play the class would come on the forum to talk about it for all classes. but the rogue and warrior and played by more people, so they have higher turn out on the forum.

this is obvious as when u que for a random dungeon, you wait 40 minutes as a rogue but as a cleric I get insta pops. the 2 classes that cant heal are popular and POWERFUL. people play powerful classes end of story.

so how is the class with the least players "getting away with murder" again sir?

I yeild the remainder of my time for your rebuttal
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So how is it that Clerics have gotten away with murder in PvP thus far? I don't get it, is it a function of 'representation' so a page out of Kalgan/Ghostcrawler book or something else?

Mages and rogues (post-1.5) are much more powerful in PvP than clerics are right now...just saying.

Clerics are balanced and have been for a long time. Its the rest of you guys that are the problem.

Here, OP, I think you're looking for this.

Tbh, looking at the title, I was expecting a good read. All I got was a two line QQ. I am disappoint.
    Last edited by Adeezha; 09-17-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post

reminds me of WoW when ret pallys were smoking peeps in one HoJ

I find it hilarious in 1.3 you would see a cabalist maybe once per day? Maybe a few times if you were lucky. You would get SCREAMED at for running cab because you are a horrible spec, "HEAL GTF O CAB SPEC BADDIE"

Now all you see is Cabs, gee I wonder why.

Cabalist x 3 scales so well it isn't funny, r6+, I've seen this premade run 3x cabs or 2 cabs and a r8 lock and just obliterate teams WF after WF, doing unhealable damage.

Even if you spread out it doesn't help, they can do a maelstrom + aoe snare and aoe it up son.

I dont care much though, soon as I get r8 I will be targeting them non stop and making them eat GY 80% of the WF =D

I don't think they are "overpowered", but they are the opposite of stacking healing clerics, stacking aoe dps is ludacris in this game, and honestly I think it is just blatently abusing bad game design.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 09-19-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Wink

Plus what makes aoe classes shine is health pools.

Honestly I don't think health pools are scaled correctly in this game, which is one of the roots of the problem that needs fixing.

I think everyone could use a +20% increase to their max health.

Sure it would help high ranking characters alot more than low, but it would help out heals in this game.

Without a chloro filling in the back end damage with aoe heals, which is what I usually run, healing as a cleric (on my r6 alt) against multiple r8 opponents is a chore, and even if you're on top of your game with 30 keybinds, hyped up on caffiene, and your eyes bleeding from staring so hard at health bars so closely, you just simply cannot keep up against damage.

Honestly I feel I do better and more efficient healing as a chloro/lock than I do on my r6 cleric, and my chloro/lock is r5.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    I find it hilarious in 1.3 you would see a cabalist maybe once per day? Maybe a few times if you were lucky. You would get SCREAMED at for running cab because you are a horrible spec, "HEAL GTF O CAB SPEC BADDIE"

Now all you see is Cabs, gee I wonder why.

Cabalist x 3 scales so well it isn't funny, r6+, I've seen this premade run 3x cabs or 2 cabs and a r8 lock and just obliterate teams WF after WF, doing unhealable damage.

Even if you spread out it doesn't help, they can do a maelstrom + aoe snare and aoe it up son.

I dont care much though, soon as I get r8 I will be targeting them non stop and making them eat GY 80% of the WF =D

I don't think they are "overpowered", but they are the opposite of stacking healing clerics, stacking aoe dps is ludacris in this game, and honestly I think it is just blatently abusing bad game design.
    So, how do MMX3 scale? Or warriorsx3? How about chlorox3?

See the red lines under the text you typed? That indicates a misspelling.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    then a patch came out and cleric CABBALIST was overpowered.... this lasted 5 days....then patched
    What's hilarious is that patch that made Cabalist "Over powered" was actually a pretty severe nerf to the class, but before the patch everyone was loling and exclaiming that cabs were free kills. Then after they got nerfed they were "OMG SO OP!". Then they got nerfed again almost immediately. So pyro's, assassins, parachamps, necro/chlorolocks, and other OP classes got to be OP for months, and cabs were actually playable for 5 days before becoming the most useless soul in the game.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Well to be fair, healing was much stronger before cab patch. So even geared cabs still had to compete with much stronger healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Well to be fair, healing was much stronger before cab patch. So even geared cabs still had to compete with much stronger healing.
    That's true.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

+ Reply to Thread