+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Too many mass-CC in this game

Telaran

Default Too many mass-CC in this game

I will not pretend I do not enjoy using my mass-control ability.But i think that there are too many in this game.

In any melee you can be sure that someone will use a mass-control ability. In some fights, it is just a succession of mass-control that at least interrupts you, or make you run like a headless chicken for few seconds.
    It is not jsut annoying like hell, it removes also tactical interest of single target CC, because of diminishing returns.

I tried to list them(I surely missed some)
    - mass fear: up to 5 ennemies for 10 seconds. 44points warlock tree. 30s CD.
    - mass exhaustion: ennemies in selected area confused for 30s . 32 points in dominator tree. 60s CD
    - poison gaz:7 ennemies confused for 30s. 44 points assassin tree. 30s CD.
    - battlefield intimidation: fear all surrounding enemies. 11 points in Champion tree. 30s CD.
    - trepidation: fear all ennemies , 26 points in Inquisitor tree. 60s CD

All classes have access to some kind of mass-control ability. Some are better off, with lower cooldown, no targets limit and fewer points to invest. (Lucky Warrior)

In my opionion we should get less mass-control abilites:
    - Ability that affect all users should be limited to Dominator and Bard. Dominator is by definition soul that should have CC(I hate them). And for bard if your remove this game mechanic it will lack gameplay interest .(I hate them too :P)
    - other classes /souls should not have mass control at all. Or at least it should be limited to 2-3 targets with a CD of 60S

I would expect that to limit a lot spam-CC, reduce immunity and hence make single-CC and break-free more useful. I think it would make overall PVP experience more enjoyable.

My 2 cents.
    Last edited by imzaan; 09-16-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Perception problem.

People hate to be CC'd, but it's perfectly okay to die and not be able to do anything until respawn.

What's the difference? You got control taken away from you in both cases.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Telaran

As you said, people do not like loosing control...Iit makes game less enjoyable. Which is exaclty my point. Less CC, more fun.

I am not against CC. I think it is an interesting part of the gameplay. But i would like to see single target and less mass-CC. There is always someone who has one available to cast.

I do see a difference between being CCed and death. But that might just be my perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Perception problem.

People hate to be CC'd, but it's perfectly okay to die and not be able to do anything until respawn.

well you need to balance the both not just have one or the other
    Criticism and Lack of self confidence: The difference between a confident person and an inferior person is the way of thinking, while the first tends to compliment his actions the second keeps putting himself down. The mind of the person lacking self confidence is usually full of negative messages and thatís why the excess negative messages travels to the other people around him in the form of criticism. The conclusion is, The overly critical person usually lacks self confidence

Quote Originally Posted by imzaan View Post
    As you said, people do not like loosing control...Iit makes game less enjoyable. Which is exaclty my point. Less CC, more fun.

I am not against CC. I think it is an interesting part of the gameplay. But i would like to see single target and less mass-CC. There is always someone who has one available to cast.

I do see a difference between being CCed and death. But that might just be my perception.
    There is already less CC in this game because of the stupid diminishing returns in this game. People dont like dieng in 4 seconds to melee ethier and CC is the only way not to let that happen.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Perception problem.

I have no idea what you are or were thinking when you came up with this.
    Perhaps if the cc wasn't as bad as it is right now, people wouldn't be waiting so much in gy's for respawns?

Rift Disciple

The problem with this, and many other games is the pvp is tacked on.
    This is a pve game with pvp.
    Pvp was not thought about when they made all these skills that is for sure.
    Just waiting for guild wars 2, I already find it hard to log in most days.

Quote Originally Posted by imzaan View Post
    I will not pretend I do not enjoy using my mass-control ability.But i think that there are too many in this game.

In any melee you can be sure that someone will use a mass-control ability. In some fights, it is just a succession of mass-control that at least interrupts you, or make you run like a headless chicken for few seconds.
    It is not jsut annoying like hell, it removes also tactical interest of single target CC, because of diminishing returns.

I tried to list them(I surely missed some)
    - mass fear: up to 5 ennemies for 10 seconds. 44points warlock tree. 30s CD.
    - mass exhaustion: ennemies in selected area confused for 30s . 32 points in dominator tree. 60s CD
    - poison gaz:7 ennemies confused for 30s. 44 points assassin tree. 30s CD.
    - battlefield intimidation: fear all surrounding enemies. 11 points in Champion tree. 30s CD.
    - trepidation: fear all ennemies , 26 points in Inquisitor tree. 60s CD

All classes have access to some kind of mass-control ability. Some are better off, with lower cooldown, no targets limit and fewer points to invest. (Lucky Warrior)

In my opionion we should get less mass-control abilites:
    - Ability that affect all users should be limited to Dominator and Bard. Dominator is by definition soul that should have CC(I hate them). And for bard if your remove this game mechanic it will lack gameplay interest .(I hate them too :P)
    - other classes /souls should not have mass control at all. Or at least it should be limited to 2-3 targets with a CD of 60S

I would expect that to limit a lot spam-CC, reduce immunity and hence make single-CC and break-free more useful. I think it would make overall PVP experience more enjoyable.

My 2 cents.
    While I agree the Warrior Fear is a little annoying, and frankly over the top..

The fact you think Dominator use Mass Exhaustion pretty much tells me anything you say is worthless and should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

+ Reply to Thread