+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DEVS: A suggestion to improve quality of life for hardcore PvPers

Default DEVS: A suggestion to improve quality of life for hardcore PvPers

Fact: Faction Imbalance can make intense and exciting World PvP intermittent and fleeting.
    Fact: Faction Imbalance can make queue times insufferably long for one faction or the other, depending on the cluster.
    Factpinion: There is not enough World PvP content to cater various PvP guilds, whether they are 150+ zerg behemoths, or 20-man guilds.

Please allow us to scrimmage in-guild queue between parties to play a no-favor, no-prestige, no-rep WF game against each other.

1) It allows guildies looking for just a few fun quick games to easily play one without having to queue as 5 then bunny hop around Sanctum/Meridian for 30 minutes.

2) It allows guilds that have a certified A-team/B-team/C-team to run against each other to give the lesser geared players a chance to play in a competitive setting. From what I have seen, A-teams seem to monopolize a considerable amount of high-level premade vs. premade experience, and use other members to feed into that A-team when core members are offline. This gives other members a chance to go against strong competition easily and develop their own sense of teamplay/coordination/marking/leadership without being led by those more experienced.

3) It solves the logistical nightmare of involving mostly everyone in a fun fashion. Everyone sync duo-queueing is boring. Some of the guys might not make it into the game. Some will. 5 mans exclude everyone else in the guild. There will always be an odd-man out. Open World Raid PvP is good fun, but the current open world infrastructure doesn't seem conducive to long, intense, fun world-pvp. It usually involves wiping the other side, then they leave. Or there not being enough of the opposing faction int he world, and now you have 15 people ganking players one at a time in the dailies areas. That's not fun either. There is nothing left to do in the world, so we go back into breaking up into groups. Which is just more internal segregation. In-guild WF matches would be a chance to involve everyone, people who enjoy playing with each other.

4) But ultimately, it gives the higher-end PvP guilds something to do. It isn't fun chain-queueing WFs when we already have all the gear, just to abuse people who don't have it. Let us queue against each other in matches with no rewards, and enjoy being able to play against equally geared, equally skilled players. I can imagine a 10v10 codex in-guild being an absolute blast in vent, especially since my guild culture involves a heavy amount of booze.
    Last edited by Puzzlebox; 09-16-2011 at 04:37 PM.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Rift Chaser

A no reward option wf like thing? No one will do it if you take that away.

I think this caters to the minority because a lot of people are still doing the grind and although it may be fun for the r8 or 3 in your guild the other people who are r1-7 will think "why waste my time pvping and stay at the same rank when I could work on leveling up and getting gear while piping in a wf?". That's what I would think anyways.

You raise some good points but this is not the solution. People want something to reward their time and the main reward is gear. Pvp rifts work because if you do it for a bit it actually compares to wf and sometimes is more rewarding.

There needs to be something similar to pvp rifts that's fun and accessible to everyone but also giving incentive to do it.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    A no reward option wf like thing? No one will do it if you take that away.

I think this caters to the minority because a lot of people are still doing the grind and although it may be fun for the r8 or 3 in your guild the other people who are r1-7 will think "why waste my time pvping and stay at the same rank when I could work on leveling up and getting gear while piping in a wf?". That's what I would think anyways.

You raise some good points but this is not the solution. People want something to reward their time and the main reward is gear. Pvp rifts work because if you do it for a bit it actually compares to wf and sometimes is more rewarding.

There needs to be something similar to pvp rifts that's fun and accessible to everyone but also giving incentive to do it.
    This is to relieve quality of life in-game for high end PvP guilds. Who have all but dried up. There aren't many of us now. The ones who have built strong rosters of good, geared teamplayers who realized that all of this work has led to absolutely nothing in this game, because there is nothing to test the roster, and the gear, against.

And it's not like this would take WFs away from people still grinding? How does this affect you except from potentially a few less players queueing for the PREMADE queue, which people avoid like that plague anyway?

(Not everyone needs to have an incentive to have a good time. Some of us just want a functional playground)
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Prophet of Telara

Puzzlebox, I'm glad that you are trying to improve the situation but I really think your suggestions will fall of deaf ears. There have been numerous threads which have pointed out many of the design issues holding back Rift PvP (the faction imbalance, the death/ressurection system in open world, lack of meaningful endgame pvp) and with many creative ideas for solutions. Instead of any feedback or words from developers we get silence, and it is the same silence we have pretty much had since beta and throughout release.

+ Reply to Thread