+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Warfront Accolade Voice Overs - Huh?

Question Warfront Accolade Voice Overs - Huh?

Just saw a server announcement about a PTS event today where they will be testing Chronicles of Ascension and ... Warfront Accolade Voice Overs...

As if the accolades didn't already sound like they came right out of Unreal Tournament...now they will have voice overs too? As in, an announcer yelling the title of the accolade in a "cool" way?

This sounds...like a joke.

If we must have voice overs announcing the accolades, I hope that it is at least a cool, calm, collected female voice and not some xtreme, awesome, 90's male voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NmH6Q4Iaew <- The future of warfronts?

FINISH HIM!!

In all seriousness, I agree. MMOs are not the place for this kind of system. Leave 'kill streaks' and the like to FPSs or fighting games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    FINISH HIM!!

In all seriousness, I agree. MMOs are not the place for this kind of system. Leave 'kill streaks' and the like to FPSs or fighting games.
    Isn't that what this genre caters to now?
    Strive for Peace with acts of war
    The beauty of death we all adore
    I have no faith distracting me
    I know why your prayers will never be answered

Quote Originally Posted by Skidrow Bro View Post
    Isn't that what this genre caters to now?
    Alright, touché.

I wouldn't mind some sort of Death Streak bonuses, finaly will I be able to get some kills!

Soulwalker

Interesting, because I actually like something what will spice up warfronts... And it sounds good to me :-)

Sword of Telara

You already know some guy is going to hire the Unreal Tournament announcer for his addon, after he gets the bright idea to have "First Blood" be voiced.

Don't take that small victory away from him.

I'm kinda ashamed to admit it, but if Trion got Michael Buffer's trademark "Let's get ready to rumble!!!!" to start the matches.... I be totally okay with that.

I like over-the-top announcements in a WF type setting.

They could always give the option to turn it off, because I know many of you would despise that. Options Trion, options.
    Last edited by LilBit; 09-16-2011 at 04:37 PM.

I absolutely love the idea of halo/UT like voice overs. Makes it much more rewarding and fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

Telaran

Tend to agree, I dont mind the voice overs as long as they arent run again and again.

For them to go off once in a wf is one thing, to have a voice shout the same thing over and over every 15 seconds is dumb.

If only they got George Ledoux to do the voicing. He's the one that played Duncan Fisher in MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries. He also aided with his voice talent to replay the character in MechWarrior: Living Legends, Crysis Wars Overhaul mod.

MW4:Mercs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q-vdEZ8nE

MWLL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVRoPqTVcC0

Prophet of Telara

I keep thinking of Unreal Tournament when I hear about these Accolades. Did anyone hop on test to check it out? I can only hope it's not gonna sound cheesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Wait, how is this an issue again? Because it's similar to a non-MMO game? Give me a break.

Rift Master

Eh. Just remember, in PvP there's 4 viable archtypes... DPS/Heals/Supports and Flag Runners. Only 1 of those gets kills. So Heroes of Newerth styled announcer driven Hat Tricks, Genocides and Serial Killing stuff only glorifies one of those, and the last thing the average pug needs is more qualification to go out Ramboing and playing like an idiot trying to get kills while all the others in the warfront doing the important jobs are even more unsung than before.

Now, make some for Healers and Support, and some for people who cap/carry the flags... and I think it would rock.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 09-17-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zsokorad View Post
    As if the accolades didn't already sound like they came right out of Unreal Tournament...now they will have voice overs too? As in, an announcer yelling the title of the accolade in a "cool" way?

This sounds...like a joke.

If we must have voice overs announcing the accolades, I hope that it is at least a cool, calm, collected female voice and not some xtreme, awesome, 90's male voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NmH6Q4Iaew <- The future of warfronts?
    LOL that is fking awsome, I always felt the voice for kills in UT where amazing and a good way to keep the blood pumping. But the option to have a female voice would be a nice option to, for those that don't want the extreme voice.

That vid is awsome.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast