+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: You know what? I really like the PVP in rift.

Thumbs up You know what? I really like the PVP in rift.

I have now leveled 2 toons to 50 and one to P7 and one getting close to P5. I have another toon about to hit 50.

I played since 1.3 as a Rogue primary, A Mage alt, and my new alt Warrior.

All have their power and abilities. I feel all are actually close to balance even now.

I enjoy all of them. They each bring something to the table, even at lower levels of Valor. I had to endure 2 toons with major valor descrepencies, and I still enjoy the warfronts. I look foward to every night after getting my twins down to bed for school the next morning to hop on for a few hours of PVP action before heading up to the bedroom to spend some quality time with the wife before the next day.

This QQ'ing of balance and FoTM spec is OP needs to stop. Enjoy the game. Its fun! Enjoy it for what its worth. I have seen much worse. Only 2 other MMOs have really captivated me like this one. And believe me, I played and beta'ed them all.

Just wanted to stand up and give a thumbs up to Trion for providing a quality game that is enjoyable and I feel highly scalable for the future.

I do too! It's even better when your team works together!
    Chronyc (Formerly Naza@Shadefallen) - 50 R5 PvP Mage
    SirSensi - 19 Cleric
    Defiant - Deepwood

I love Rift PvP also. I think the warfronts are great and PvP rifts are great. Not to say I don't have issues (Sever Faction Distrubution, Shocking P1 Roflstomping), but its better then other game PvP.

It is fun PvP.

Those who call it broken have obviously never played a game with actual broken pvp.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    It is fun PvP.

Those who call it broken have obviously never played a game with actual broken pvp.
    Totally agree. When you get your first zing/adrenaline rush in a match you just want more more more.

Great game, great warfront and openworld pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Plane Walker

Pre-50 warfronts in Rift are some of the most fun I've ever had in an MMO.

I played on a RP-PVP server in WoW, and what I really miss from there were the massive lowbie town battles, some of which raged on for 3-4 hours. I haven't seen anything like that yet in Rift, but it could happen at some stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuna View Post
    Pre-50 warfronts in Rift are some of the most fun I've ever had in an MMO.

I played on a RP-PVP server in WoW, and what I really miss from there were the massive lowbie town battles, some of which raged on for 3-4 hours. I haven't seen anything like that yet in Rift, but it could happen at some stage.
    Happened a lot for me when i leveled on Harrow some months ago in Scarlet Gorge and Gloomwood.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanirenicus View Post
    Happened a lot for me when i leveled on Harrow some months ago in Scarlet Gorge and Gloomwood.
    Same...Scarlet Gorge mainly. I remember basically oPVP fighting all day, only broken up by a zone event. When that invasion boss died, it was like battle royal.
    Proud slacker of Einherjar
    Nasana - R40 Cleric
    Kee - R24 Fail Mage
    "We Threw Gasoline On The Fire And Now We Have Stumps For Arms And No Eyebrows"

Am I being filmed by Trollbuster?

Please tell me this is a joke. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Leoknife View Post
    I have now leveled 2 toons to 50 and one to P7 and one getting close to P5. I have another toon about to hit 50.

I played since 1.3 as a Rogue primary, A Mage alt, and my new alt Warrior.

All have their power and abilities. I feel all are actually close to balance even now.

I enjoy all of them. They each bring something to the table, even at lower levels of Valor. I had to endure 2 toons with major valor descrepencies, and I still enjoy the warfronts. I look foward to every night after getting my twins down to bed for school the next morning to hop on for a few hours of PVP action before heading up to the bedroom to spend some quality time with the wife before the next day.

This QQ'ing of balance and FoTM spec is OP needs to stop. Enjoy the game. Its fun! Enjoy it for what its worth. I have seen much worse. Only 2 other MMOs have really captivated me like this one. And believe me, I played and beta'ed them all.

Just wanted to stand up and give a thumbs up to Trion for providing a quality game that is enjoyable and I feel highly scalable for the future.
    The PvP is pretty decent. I would just advise you to get into the PvE also. You might feel like Trions stepchild if you dont.

Ascendant

Hey, I like the PvP too. There just isn't any PvP anymore.

Pre-50 PvP is the most thing ever.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    The PvP is pretty decent. I would just advise you to get into the PvE also. You might feel like Trions stepchild if you dont.
    I PvE here and there... Not much.. I done some raids and did well. But to me its like a dance. Once you know the steps and are in sync with your team its cake, and quite easy once you are at the proper gear threshold.

Now fighting other people who are much more intelligent then any boss AI. That is where the real fun is. It does not matter the objective of the war front. You can play the map a million times. Each time is different and each time the tactics need to change depending upon the situation faced. It's back of your neck hair raising when you get out of a great match.

I just had one of the most epic Black Gardens where we were down 300-100 and pulled out a victory 500-495 with 5 fang changes in the end. It was crazy good. I had more fun in that stinking 10 min then any PvE raid I have ever been on in any MMO.

I do the PvE thing when some buds want to chill and I want to veg out. No vegging out allowed in a war front.

Ascendant

pvp was pretty fun, then I reached rank 6 and wasn't very strong so I had to struggle a bit to get the rest of my rank6 gear to compete.

then just as I was about to finish the rank6 grind they announce 2 more ranks to grind. w/e I have some fun now that I have all my rank6 gear and can kind of compete

then the grind starts, exploits happen and many people are rank7+ in under a week. rogues are the weakest calling by far and I find that I struggle against most players.

so I grind out rank 8 in an epic struggle to find some enjoyment. I get rank 8 and all rank 8 gear to find that it doesn't get any better.

that's my pvp experience in a nutshell. I'm very pissed to say the least and do not enjoy it. Furthermore, I feel ripped off for all the time invested to not be able to have an enjoyable pvp experience due to gross imbalances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast