+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Port scion = Pve race

Shadowlander

Default Port scion = Pve race

since its bonus xp it seems the people in my wf cluster want to just pve race it instead of pvping -.- and if our team doesnt do it guardians do it, is this really what scion has come down to =/

Also something that made us laugh someone even said "switch to pve gear for this" lol ...

EDIT: oops forgot to ask my question, Is anyone else having this issue in their wf clusters or is it just mine >.<
    Last edited by Twist3dSpirit; 09-16-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Syndrmoine - lvl 60 R70 defiant cleric - Bloodiron EU

Ascendant

Scion is always a PvE race unless one side deliberately chooses, as a group, to turn around and wipe the other.

Alterac Valley was the exact same.

When you give people a way to do the boring PvP grind via quick, fast PvE methods -- and then award more points for that particular map than any other one -- they will do so unless they honestly love PvP, in which case they spend the warfront wiping the other team trying to PvE race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

I usually roll with a friend Mage in Warfronts. If someone tries to PvE Race against us, him and I plus a couple of clerics and another stormcaller mage roll there and mess up their plans. Real Quick like. It only requires 6-7 good players to wipe a PvE attempt. I usually hope the other side tries to do the same to us if the other people in my side's raid do a Boss Run.

They should just make a boss kill be worth 350 points and then respawn him for quest return/giveouts and make him have 2x HP and 2x AP/Crit then initial Boss... So that you cant really kill him a second time.. And if you kill him that second time, he definantly should close the instance, because you really then deserve the win.

I really dont like the current stae of Boss run Scions...
    Last edited by Leoknife; 09-16-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Shadowlander

i hate the fast games aswell, but before used to be more about pvp in the game, but now its literally just 3-4 min wins and barely even getting any favor or prestige from it -.-

Rift Disciple

Same thing in our cluster. And when the topic of why guardians always lose the race comes up, and we try and explain why, noone really cares anyways. defiant have a clear advantage when rushing since the idols are on their primary way to the boss. Iow they have the full raid to take them out in a few sec, while the guardians that insist of taking the riverway under the bridge leaves 1 up and even tho its not much its still a boost to the boss and that boost is usually enough to snatch the *rushwin* if guardians only could switch route things would prolly play out differently and who knows we migvht even get some pvp going....

I heard someone just 10 min ago saying: its amazing that the players find a way of totally ruining the best map in order to avoid pvp and rush the boss.

well something along those lines and I totally agree =( maybe not on the *best* map but still...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Leoknife View Post
    They should just make a boss kill be worth 350 points and then respawn him for quest return/giveouts and make him have 2x HP and 2x AP/Crit then initial Boss... So that you cant really kill him a second time.. And if you kill him that second time, he definantly should close the instance, because you really then deserve the win.

I really dont like the current stae of Boss run Scions...
    I second this. This way its about 1/3 the entire points required. Maybe even make it 400. I wouldnt make him killable the 2nd time though - then it still has the chance to take the PVP out of it.

Put the PVP back in Scion!!!

In my limited experience Guardians often go for the zerg race. It's a toss-up whether Defiant wipe them. It could be different in other clusters, but either way it feels cheap. I enjoy the skirmishes across the map from a close game.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Rift Disciple

i agree its so stupid im not even bothering with port this weekend cuz all it is is boss race who kills it faster last time i went we had a total of 3 KILLS! and we won with 1k favor sutch a joke

when i started pvping we never even touched the boss in scion it was a pure pvp warfront now all i see is pve in there
    Last edited by Dissi; 09-16-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Cleric wants detaunt to auto proc on everyone hitting me!! QQ god damn heal debuffs

Shadowlander

In my opinion, people PvE Port Scion because that's what works, at least on the defiant side.

What are the advantages?

In a PUG, the organizational requirements of a boss rush are greatly reduced. Everyone rushes point 1, gets mini boss, point 2, kill main boss.

Compare to trying to coordinate the holding of the bridge, church, and losing a couple effective members to sourcestone running. While split up, it's easier for the other team to come, wipe, and take that area.

Out of games I've played, non-boss rush are almost all loss, and have people scattered and unorganized all over the map. Boss-rush games are almost all victory. People use what works.

Shadowlander

It seems to have stopped for now and more games are going the full timelimit
    and going off topic Dissi i see you alll the time in open world and wf's xD

Telaran

Yo Syn

I agree, it's Port of DPS Check now as someone has called it... sure you can defend but if you're in a Pug and the only one defending your chances are not so bright. So most games boil down to a DPS race with PvE builds.
    Psychicdominator @ Bloodiron

Rift Chaser

Easy Fix:

Tie the power of the boss to statues/champions active. Make it so that if you don't have both of your statues up and both of their statues down he is a one beast that no only is difficult in his own right, but also gives huge buffs to any defenders around him.

Rift Disciple

It seems like in my cluster the Guardians always try the pve boss race.
    Which I hate since Im not in there for favor or prestige, Im in there to pvp.
    Nothing makes me happier than to have 3-4 good aoe'ers at our Flux waiting for all the pretty red to show up, wiping them, and forcing them to actually have to pvp.

The NPCs need a buff - face it, they're fodder for R8/Relic folks.

I mean, seriously - if I can solo the dragon and two endless NPCs next to it with a 38 Chlor/16 AM/12 Elem build in R5/6 gear... the NPCs might need some love. Heck, go in there with a Chlor/Elem build - you can grab a crapload of the elites and take them down (I always found that funny, can't even pull more than 3 dungeon mobs in the 30ish regular King's Breach with that build, but can easily take on the hero and four to five lieutenants or more).
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I think the pve race is deplorable and irritating. I sign for wf's to pvp not to rush through and kill mobs. I've had ALOT of people complaining when me and my brother force it into a pvp battle and go round killing people off making them respawn and defend the flux/capacitor

It's glorious, and people have a hiss fit shouting "idiot pvp headhunters don't want to win they want to make it long match and slow everyone down blah blah blah" with which i simply respond im here to pvp not to win, winning is a byproduct of the pvp.

Absolutely shocking when a scion is over in like 3/4 minutes with 5 kills on the winning side team with 80% of them being my kills.

They should have made scion escalation into a death match 5 points per player kill and removed points from the fluxes/idols/npc's.
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast