+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: what are they doing?

Ascendant

Default what are they doing?

removing wardrobe in pvp

removing bloodthirsty from pvp (that's not a nerf that's deleting the damn perk)

I've had to go I don't know how many weeks being the weakest R8 calling without seeing any kind of a "here you go" temp buff while they work on the massive 1.5 patch.

trion still thinks that warfront pvp is the way to go.

world pvp will still be a joke and now even more dependent on the heals team. Healing imbalances (number of healers to a team) were always a major problem and now they are going to get rid of the only thing kind of helping it out? (bloodthirsty)

what is their vision for pvp in this game and are they just trying to remove it completely without actually deleting it so they can still claim to support it? what's going on here?

trion:
    what is your big plan for pvp?
    what should we be trying to do?
    do you have staff that pvps, and are these changes that they see need to be implemented in the game?
    what are you doing?

if you just want this game to be a raiding game with small bursts of pvp from the raiders here and there, let us know so people can stop their grind for gear to see if pvp is any fun. Every change proposed seems to suggest this.
    Last edited by generatedname; 09-16-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Soulwalker

They are trying to force all their customers away so they can get an insurance payout before the next big game comes out.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Haumburglar View Post
    They are trying to force all their customers away so they can get an insurance payout before the next big game comes out.
    lol

Can you give me a link to a company that insures against business failure? That might be a good contact to have.

The idea is that you PvP because you enjoy PvP, not that you PvP to get ready to do a different kind of PvP.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    lol

Can you give me a link to a company that insures against business failure?

Lloyd's of London
    www.lloyds.com

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    let us know so people can stop their grind for gear to see if pvp is any fun.
    If you're pvping for the gear before you see if pvp is any fun... How have you not come to a conclusion by the time you get the gear?

And you get the minimal gear to be more than a speedbump at rank 2, assuming you know how to play your class.

EDIT: And didn't you say you were quiting anyway?
    Last edited by Shannae; 09-16-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

removing wardrobe in pvp

removing bloodthirsty from pvp (that's not a nerf that's deleting the damn perk)

I've had to go I don't know how many weeks being the weakest R8 calling without seeing any kind of a "here you go" temp buff while they work on the massive 1.5 patch.

world pvp will still be a joke and now even more dependent on the heals team. Healing imbalances (number of healers to a team) were always a major problem and now they are going to get rid of the only thing kind of helping it out? (bloodthirsty)

what is their vision for pvp in this game and are they just trying to remove it completely without actually deleting it so they can still claim to support it? what's going on here?

trion:
    do you have staff that pvps, and are these changes that they see need to be implemented in the game?
    what are you doing?

if you just want this game to be a raiding game with small bursts of pvp from the raiders here and there, let us know so people can stop their grind for gear to see if pvp is any fun. Every change proposed seems to suggest this.
    From most the patches it looks like they are just bringing warriors and rogues together in power level and hitting clerics again and again with the nerf bat. Alot of new rogue powers are big healing debuffs. I fully expect the new MM ammo to have some serious healing repreccusions. Also with the nerf to bloodthirsty, they stop P8s from Roflstomping everyone in their path, hopefully making the start of P1 PvP not so horribly disgusting. And again it nerfs healing.

As for Roflstomping P1s, I wish you could gain prestige while you leveled to 50 so you can come out P4 or P6 once you hit 60 if you have been PvPing alot.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath View Post
    From most the patches it looks like they are just bringing warriors and rogues together in power level and hitting clerics again and again with the nerf bat. Alot of new rogue powers are big healing debuffs. I fully expect the new MM ammo to have some serious healing repreccusions. Also with the nerf to bloodthirsty, they stop P8s from Roflstomping everyone in their path, hopefully making the start of P1 PvP not so horribly disgusting. And again it nerfs healing.

As for Roflstomping P1s, I wish you could gain prestige while you leveled to 50 so you can come out P4 or P6 once you hit 60 if you have been PvPing alot.
    If they added prestige pre-50 at the same ratio of prestige:favor you see at 50, a character who leveled from 10 -> 50 in warfronts alone would probably arrive at 50 with enough prestige to put them at rank 3.

removing wardrobe in pvp

trion:
    what are you doing?

Almost 2000 posts, can you give detailed game design as to what pvp should be? I'm assuming you have some kind of engineering background in computer science or game designs. Because from what I have read on many a forums. No game in MMORPG existence has real pvp.

Not Blizzard, which is king of the hill right now, and not this game, which has way more world pvp than Blizzards game. So please enlighten us with your genius on what pvp content design wise should exist in this game, and all future games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Champion of Telara

While this is an excellent idea (see daoc for has this was done well with RR) it won't happen because that would lower the prestige grind end-game Trion has put into place.

Only when there is a real focus on pvp growth and development, and less emphasis placed on straight no-brainer grinding will something like this occur.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Haumburglar View Post
    Lloyd's of London
    www.lloyds.com
    Wow. Didn't see that one coming. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    While this is an excellent idea (see daoc for has this was done well with RR) it won't happen because that would lower the prestige grind end-game Trion has put into place.

Only when there is a real focus on pvp growth and development, and less emphasis placed on straight no-brainer grinding will something like this occur.
    Every game has no brainer grinds, what do you suggest as a valid systematic replacement? Please, give detailed design goals, layouts, and ways to implement them.

Ascendant

Also with the nerf to bloodthirsty, they stop P8s from Roflstomping everyone in their path, hopefully making the start of P1 PvP not so horribly disgusting.
    I am sick of the QQ'ing from the lowbs. Don't the R1's realize that us R8's had to get roflstomped for weeks/months on end too? We didn't even have the welfare/food stamp valor on our way up. Now Trion wants to take the only self-heal from rogues by doing away with Blood thirsty all because the R1's are wringing their hands and stomping their feet like little children.

As a rogue, I DEPEND on blood thirsty to keep me up while in a group combat situation. We have no self-heals, so we're kind of screwed over here. Big time screwed over. Really this is a nerf to rogues (lol Clerics have endless heals so they have nothing to complain about).

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Every game has no brainer grinds, what do you suggest as a valid systematic replacement? Please, give detailed design goals, layouts, and ways to implement them.
    While I know you are being snarky, I'd be happy to explain further.

I recommend a general design principle where player development is not done for straight character strength (like the WoW or Rift style gear grind) but rather options. IE, less vertically and more horizontally. Think magic the gathering or Guild Wars.

Also, I believe there is much more room for aesthetic or non-power player advancement options. Also options that give rewards in other game areas (player owned housing items, minigames, etc)

It is lazy, opportunistic design to strictly rely on power treadmills in an mmo.

The best motivation in gaming is not to appeal to carrot and stick motivation, but rather provide opportunities for players to set and chase their own goals. Things like notoriety, community fame, all of those less tangible (but no less motivating) factors ever present in mmos.
    Last edited by Snyrf; 09-16-2011 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    While I know you are being snarky, I'd be happy to explain further.

I recommend a general design principle where player development is not done for straight character strength (like the WoW or Rift style gear grind) but rather options. IE, less vertically and more horizontally. Think magic the gathering or Guild Wars.

Also, I believe there is much more room for aesthetic or non-power player advancement options. Also options that give rewards in other game areas (player owned housing items, minigames, etc)

It is lazy, opportunistic design to strictly rely on power treadmills in an mmo.

The best motivation in gaming is not to appeal to carrot and stick motivation, but rather provide opportunities for players to set and chase their own goals. Things like notoriety, community fame, all of those less tangible (but no less motivating) factors ever present in mmos.
    You're peddling dark age of Camelot design features for a modern MMO? I see now.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Can you give me a link to a company that insures against business failure? That might be a good contact to have.
    The U.S. government.

You need to either be a "too big to fail" bank, American-based automotive maker, or government sponsored (but publicly traded) mortgage loaning corporation.

Trion would be considered "too small to care." Therefor, they wouldn't be insured by the U.S. government.
    Last edited by Click; 09-16-2011 at 12:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast