+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: WTB Actual PvP Warfronts

Default WTB Actual PvP Warfronts

Currently the warfronts I really like are Whitefall Escalation, Codex and Black Garden, these are fun PvP oriented warfronts.

Whitefall steps is just a drive by get the stone stop to kill everyone in the middle and leave.
    Port Scion is a PvE instance with sometimes intelligent pats that respawn every 30 secs and have totally random and erratic patrol paths.

I want to see some more real PvP warfronts. I really like the idea in this forum http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...king-hill.html

How about Escalation Codex where you have to control 3 points for 1 minute and then you win, the end. Or Escalation Port Scion where its first to 500 kills, the end.

And also while we are waiting to que for these warfronts, give us a huge arena that is just constantly ongoing where it dumps us into the middle to just blow each other away for Favor and Prestige until the que pops. Just make it like full raid v full raid and every time that one fills up just spawn a brand new version of it and keep spawning new versions over and over so there is 0 cooldown for it.
    No objectives, no bonuses, just giant DPS/AOE fest

Banned

I'm the exact opposite. I would far prefer the PVP rounds be much more involved, a kind of tower defense game almost. Have 8 portals that can be player controlled and they each spawn some of your own armies every 30 seconds or so. Have a source stone spawn area in the middle that you grab stones and run them to your portals to upgrade the armies coming out of them. If it switches sides the upgrades get reset.

The goal is to build your armies up and overrun the enemy and destroy their big ward stone at the back, either by having better armies, or just more of them. If you've ever played the game Demigod, it's a great example of the style of play. Port scion touches on it a bit, but its' far too simple.

Mind numbing 'throw players in a a room and watch the mayhem' bore me to death.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath View Post
    And also while we are waiting to que for these warfronts, give us a huge arena that is just constantly ongoing where it dumps us into the middle to just blow each other away for Favor and Prestige until the que pops. Just make it like full raid v full raid and every time that one fills up just spawn a brand new version of it and keep spawning new versions over and over so there is 0 cooldown for it.
    No objectives, no bonuses, just giant DPS/AOE fest
    I Like the arena idea.

Though I disagree with you re: port scion. At least in my battlegroup its all out pvp with structured groups and sometimes 15 v 15 all out slug fests
    Zzargo - DA -
    !!FIST!!
    <Shadow Embassy>

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    I'm the exact opposite. I would far prefer the PVP rounds be much more involved, a kind of tower defense game almost. Have 8 portals that can be player controlled and they each spawn some of your own armies every 30 seconds or so. Have a source stone spawn area in the middle that you grab stones and run them to your portals to upgrade the armies coming out of them. If it switches sides the upgrades get reset.

The goal is to build your armies up and overrun the enemy and destroy their big ward stone at the back, either by having better armies, or just more of them. If you've ever played the game Demigod, it's a great example of the style of play. Port scion touches on it a bit, but its' far too simple.

I like the technical warfront idea, but I wish those were more openworld then warfront. I understand the idea that you can get super zerged, but WoW had a good idea about that where the side with less people in a zone got super buffs to make up for the fact they were outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Better then sitting around town semi AFK hoping the instance doesn't pop while your outside smoking

Wouldnt it be cool to have an arena where you can fight anyone like Gurubashi arena in WoW?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Wouldnt it be cool to have an arena where you can fight anyone like Gurubashi arena in WoW?
    Yes, it would, especially if one had to be concerned about friendly fire collateral damage from AoE. That'd be awesome, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Karuna View Post
    Yes, it would, especially if one had to be concerned about friendly fire collateral damage from AoE. That'd be awesome, IMO.
    I didn't think about that when I made the post, killing just anyone. Then again I think it would be really hard for low prest to have a chance and healers would get nothing, it would be AOE heaven with powerful AOErs gaining to much. I don't like.

Ascendant

Just a reminder...PvP isn't just players killing players. It's players competing against players. You could have a mounted race warfront where you weren't allowed to attack other players at all and it would still fall into the category of PvP.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Just a reminder...PvP isn't just players killing players. It's players competing against players. You could have a mounted race warfront where you weren't allowed to attack other players at all and it would still fall into the category of PvP.

Just sayin'.
    ..... Wee Mario Kart.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargo View Post
    I Like the arena idea.

Though I disagree with you re: port scion. At least in my battlegroup its all out pvp with structured groups and sometimes 15 v 15 all out slug fests
    In my battlegroup Scion is just a matter of who can rush the enemy's commander the quickest. Wins are frequently done in 3 minutes or less. This gets real boring fast. Killing the commander should not be an instant win imo, but give 4-500 points.
    Last edited by Vayra; 09-16-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Champion of Telara

This game has been out for a while and only had the same 4 warfronts. Just be happy there is a new one coming out. I wouldnt hold your breath expecting them to actually make any changes based upon what their PvP community is asking for. Its always fun to brainstorm about new scenarios I guess though.

Scion definitely varies from cluster to cluster. I'm an old AV guy, and I prefer the clusters where folks fight it out...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Scion definitely varies from cluster to cluster. I'm an old AV guy, and I prefer the clusters where folks fight it out...
    Because you are mage.
    Are you abusing "stopcast"?
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    This game has been out for a while and only had the same 4 warfronts. Just be happy there is a new one coming out. I wouldnt hold your breath expecting them to actually make any changes based upon what their PvP community is asking for. Its always fun to brainstorm about new scenarios I guess though.
    Posts like this always make me laugh. Game has been out for a while and only had the same four, eh?

WoW launched with none. Zilch. Game launched Nov 24th, 2004. It was not until June 7th, 2005 that two were added. It took around 6 months and 2 weeks before the first two appeared. It was not until Sept 13th, 2005 that a third was added. Another 3 months and 2 weeks, eh? It was not until January 2007, that the fourth battleground was added. Yep, it took over two years for WoW to have four... RIFT launched with four. It was not until Nov 2008, that WoW added the fifth BG. Four years...for the fifth.

RIFT will have it's fifth...Oct? Just over seven months?

Yep, posts like your post there...always make me laugh.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    Because you are mage.
    Are you abusing "stopcast"?
    I play all four Callings.

I prefer people fighting in WFs... because they are WFs... it is PvP.

I'm not some ADHD PvE scrub pretending to PvP....
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast