+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Port ****** weekend? seriously?

Soulwalker

Default Port ****** weekend? seriously?

what about everyone who isn't 50. just screw em over is it? force everyone to play the ****tiest wf in the game, lol. Trion u really fail.

Port Scion?

Anyways here's my review. With the right crew, zerging the boss can work and it's fun I admit but in my overall Xp that is effective maybe 3/10. But the meat and potatoes there is focus on the churchyard, run stones and farm favor for the best win. Have fun guys and don't forget to grab the drake on the way to church.

P.S. lots of points upstairs.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Juxax View Post
    what about everyone who isn't 50. just screw em over is it? force everyone to play the ****tiest wf in the game, lol. Trion u really fail.
    Hmm some people are under 30 when it's WF week-end, or under 20 when it's Codex week-end, or under 10 when it's codex week-end, or some others don't like one of these, well, tough luck, they can still play others. Not Trion's failure...

I see it both ways, making WFs unlock every 10 levels gives you something to look forward to. Who cares about bonus favor and prestige when your level 10, you can buy all the level 10 PvP items in like 2 WF runs. And you can't even get prestige until 50.

I vote give full PvP sets for each 10 levels. gloves/boots on 0, rings on 1, legs 2, etc.etc. chest 8, weapon 9.

And start giving prestige at low level, its a grind fest enough as it is grinding up just a few WFs once you hit 50, Its not like it will really get you that much farther once you are actually 50, you just may actually start P4 or P6 and not get ROFLStomped once you hit fresh 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorath View Post
    Who cares about bonus favor and prestige when your level 10, you can buy all the level 10 PvP items in like 2 WF runs. And you can't even get prestige until 50.
    This

getting to 50 takes what ... 10 mins?
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Default good

It is the only WF i need rep for. Don't like this place, but I get double points now. 24/7 Scion! Then never again.. Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    It is the only WF i need rep for. Don't like this place, but I get double points now. 24/7 Scion! Then never again.. Sweet!
    exactly how i feel
    The artist formally known as Dubs

A few of the pvpers in my previous guild have been waiting enthusiastically for Port Scion. Just goes to show players have different tastes, expectations, and ideas of fun. This is why developers can never win the "let's please everyone" game.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

I'm actually looking forward to this. I need the rep for the mount. And I should hit P7 with this bump and the saved Prest/Favor boost pots from the bDay gift, that I been hording for just such a weekend.

Soulwalker

I dunno what you lot are on about. I'm annoyed beacause I wanted to lvl in wfs, I got lvl 37 beacause I figured, i'd get the last 13 lvls there, and I'd get 200k lifetime favor by the time I reach 50. But no. They add the weekend to the ****tiest, ugliest zergfest wf in the game, that only level 50s can do. so yeah, they do have codex weekend, where people are lvl 10 and can't enter. BUT IT TAKES 3 HRS TO GET 20!

By the time I get 50 the weekend will be over. **** like this makes me wanna just ragequit this game all together. and just be rid of it. there's no point playing my rogue till next weekend, cuz trion in their infinite ****ing stupidity nerfed all Favor from WFs.

Complaining about the map itself is silly. Theres 4 maps, it's going to be one of those 4. So far people heavily complain about 2 of them. So does that mean every friday - monday this forum has a 50% chance for extra complaints? Also kind of find it silly that people can muster a way to complain about a bonus map. Hate it or love it, they are giving you almost 4 solid days of significant increased progression ability.

Now, though the first post was a bit rage-ish it did make a logical point that IMO has an easy fix. Yah, it is true that Port Scion is only for 50's. Instead of telling less than 50 players to just take it like a man and get to 50 faster, I think there are reasonable solutions. Just cause there is an end-game doesn't mean Trion wants to promote that your 1 - 49 experience is to be overlooked or rushed through. With that being said, it seems like they could just make the game assign a random bonus map for each bracket. So, it will randomly choose 5 bonus maps. 1 randomly picked from the available pool in each bracket.

So yeah, every weekend would be bonus black garden for 10 - 19. I don't see how that is unfair. Every weekend would either be BG or Codex for 20 - 29, I don't see how that is unfair.

Just seems like a slight oversight to me...though I honestly can't say for certainty...if say Codex was the bonus scenario, was codex the bonus for all the other brackets with access to codex? If so, there is the simple flaw, it should pick the bonus randomly for each bracket from the available pool so that you don't have a random chance for some brackets to receive bonus and others not.

I don't know why people can't just ask for reasonable ideas without telling Trion they are a bunch of idiots and have nfc how the game works. They are just humans, and are less likely to listen to you (although a good company will weed out logic in a post of rage) if you are so insulting when suggesting things.
    Last edited by Violacea; 09-16-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Complaining about the map itself is silly. Theres 4 maps, it's going to be one of those 4. So far people heavily complain about 2 of them. So does that mean every friday - monday this forum has a 50% chance for extra complaints? Also kind of find it silly that people can muster a way to complain about a bonus map. Hate it or love it, they are giving you almost 4 solid days of significant increased progression ability.

Now, though the first post was a bit rage-ish it did make a logical point that IMO has an easy fix. Yah, it is true that Port Scion is only for 50's. Instead of telling less than 50 players to just take it like a man and get to 50 faster, I think there are reasonable solutions. Just cause there is an end-game doesn't mean Trion wants to promote that your 1 - 49 experience is to be overlooked or rushed through. With that being said, it seems like they could just make the game assign a random bonus map for each bracket. So, it will randomly choose 5 bonus maps. 1 randomly picked from the available pool in each bracket.

So yeah, every weekend would be bonus black garden for 10 - 19. I don't see how that is unfair. Every weekend would either be BG or Codex for 20 - 29, I don't see how that is unfair.

Just seems like a slight oversight to me...though I honestly can't say for certainty...if say Codex was the bonus scenario, was codex the bonus for all the other brackets with access to codex? If so, there is the simple flaw, it should pick the bonus randomly for each bracket from the available pool so that you don't have a random chance for some brackets to receive bonus and others not.

I don't know why people can't just ask for reasonable ideas without telling Trion they are a bunch of idiots and have nfc how the game works. They are just humans, and are less likely to listen to you (although a good company will weed out logic in a post of rage) if you are so insulting when suggesting things.
    I think a good compromise to saving the WF until end game and allowing others to play it would be allow lowbies access to it only during the bonus weekend. I would love to see a 10-19 Port Scion. Especially if the mobs were still all level 50.

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME
    Summarized that for you
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    thinking the same, hate this freaking map

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast