+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sad state of PvP (Itemization fails)

Sword of Telara

Default Sad state of PvP (Itemization fails)

ok, when 1.4 came with the Valor Nerf, i first thought it was a good idea.
    but now, i chance my mind, and the flaws start to show.
    what am i talking about.

1. Armor/Valor
    Valor for all rank level keep the same, sounds good in but in fact it's flawed.
    if you have Raid gear/or Mark of A, gear you out DPS Rank 8 gear (why do it matters)
    supoce you are a rogue, Mage you survive by dealing damage, this 30% damage redustion really you can stick it in a dark place. you need DPS, the more you have the better you survive.
    so Ranged DPS, is wasted with PvP gear.

2. Weapons
    by the gods, it's complete failed.
    PvP weapons without DPS PvP bonus?, no wonder you can't balance a game.
    a Rank 4 weapon sud do like 15% PvP bonus, now it just a weapon no freaking hit, nothing special just a purple stick.

Rift Chaser

Don't take this the wrong way, but what accent should I read this in?

Quote Originally Posted by Breyer View Post
    Get off the forums. His post is completely appropriate feedback and you could understand what he wrote, so no need to make fun of spelling.

@oP
    1. Armor/Valor
    if you have Raid gear/or Mark of A, gear you out DPS Rank 8 gear (why do it matters)
    supoce you are a rogue, Mage you survive by dealing damage, this 30% damage redustion really you can stick it in a dark place. you need DPS, the more you have the better you survive.
    I don't really agree with this. The damage reduction is significant. My performance in warfronts is far better with 46% damage reduction than if I use my raiding gear. Also, r8 gear is = epic Hammerknell raid gear.

2. Weapons
    by the gods, it's complete failed.
    PvP weapons without DPS PvP bonus?, no wonder you can't balance a game.
    a Rank 4 weapon sud do like 15% PvP bonus, now it just a weapon no freaking hit, nothing special just a purple stick.
    You're correct that the weapons do need some sort of PvP bonus. This could be added Vengeance stats, though I wouldn't recommend this since the concept of valor is meant to increase life expectancy in PvP, and we don't want to counteract it.

I think giving PvP weapons a small hit bonus would be enough. Not like the PvE weapons though. For example, an R8 staff would have half the focus of a purple Hammerknell staff - not the best for raiding - but the bonus would suffice for hitting players.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    I think giving PvP weapons a small hit bonus would be enough. Not like the PvE weapons though. For example, an R8 staff would have half the focus of a purple Hammerknell staff - not the best for raiding - but the bonus would suffice for hitting players.
    I agree, but I think a better solution is to make a PVP only HIT stat. Call it whatever you want, but this stat should help with hitting ONLY other players, not NPC's, which would keep HK weapons from being BiS for PVP like has always been the case.

With the low amount of hit for PvP as it is, the raid weapons are still, for the most part, going to be BiS. No way around it unless they make a new stat, which would require reitemization of all pvp items with appropriate "hit" levels. And then that would make doing pvp dailies, the ones that require npc kills, more difficult, and a complete second set of gear in order to gain the appropriate level of hit, which is hard enough as it is. Also, the introduction of enhancements to increase the "hit" as well, requiring new recipes. And what about lower levels? A lot of people like leveling with a good amount of pvp, including myself, and that raises a whole new question. What about talents in trees that increase hit or hit %? Will people be forced to put pts into the pvp tree in order to gain a new talent that increases the pvp hit rating?

It is fine the way it is, with hit being applicable to both pvp and pve. there is no reason to add a new stat besides PvE'ers get pissed off that people use their gear and pvp, and that high-end guilds that have r8 as well as solid raid progression have the best bonuses. You don't just get handed loot from HK. It still requires work, and there is no reason they shouldnt be able to use the things they invested in the pve side in pvp. they already did that going the opposite way with vengeance.

And this is coming from a new r5 with no raid progression, in a guild with very solid raid progression. So I am the opposite of biased to this matter.
    - - - Gnaszh - - - R5 Riftchampion Warrior - - - Server Police - Deeptrike Guardian PvP - - -
    "It is not the size of the dog in the fight-it is the size of the fight in the dog" D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Or they could just code it so Hit dosnt work against players, and make it that veangance does.. they are eventually adding vengeance to PvP wpns so that way they woulnt need to keep adding new stats to the game.
    You end up with raid wpns being BiS for pve and PvP wpns BiS for PvP and voila easy.... next
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by abisha View Post

1. Armor/Valor
    Besides being nearly unintelligible in several places, this text section also reveals that you have no idea what you are talking about in terms of PvP itemization.

To the OP, I was on the PTS, I dueled a full relic/armor geared Mage, there was no contest. I destroyed him in my full P8 gear, he took off 30% of my HP by the time I defeated him.

Pvp gear serves it's intended purpose, pve gear also is working as intended for said content. I'm not sure why this issue is being raised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Disciple

It's arised becasue we have our PvE ajustment to remove BiS factor from PvP items. So now is our turn - make them desireble for PvP as of now - BiS for PvP weapon is PvE item.And people are strongly disaggreed with it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    It's arised becasue we have our PvE ajustment to remove BiS factor from PvP items. So now is our turn - make them desireble for PvP as of now - BiS for PvP weapon is PvE item.And people are strongly disaggreed with it.
    PvP gear might be less desirable for pve due to the vengeance change but its still much easier to obtain than pve gear if your raiding hammerknell for instance..

PvE gear (minus weapons) are pretty much useless in pvp due to no valor.. I don't see PvP gear being useless in PvE atm... (minus the weapons due to no hit)
    Last edited by LordOberon; 09-16-2011 at 06:04 AM.
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    To the OP, I was on the PTS, I dueled a full relic/armor geared Mage, there was no contest. I destroyed him in my full P8 gear, he took off 30% of my HP by the time I defeated him.

Pvp gear serves it's intended purpose, pve gear also is working as intended for said content. I'm not sure why this issue is being raised.
    if you duel a rogue MM, you will win with or without PvP armor (if fight against a warrior/rogue melee)
    so i think it's a better trade of to have more dps, rater only a little more defence.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Besides being nearly unintelligible in several places, this text section also reveals that you have no idea what you are talking about in terms of PvP itemization.
    right i brake it down for you.
    Rank 4,6, or Rank 8 all have same valor level.
    meaning only inprovement is Damage done, if you compare the Rank 8 gear to Mark of acendent gear, give me the marks, they not only have more AP, but also Critcal bonus, on top they have same level stats.
    only thing what makes PvP better atm, is the crystals.

anyone that ever played games, know's tanking is a illusion, and only damage matters.

yeah, you need to stop talking now.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I agree, but I think a better solution is to make a PVP only HIT stat. Call it whatever you want, but this stat should help with hitting ONLY other players, not NPC's, which would keep HK weapons from being BiS for PVP like has always been the case.
    Yes, because if there's one thing this game needs its MORE ******** special-situation-only stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Breyer View Post
    dude I was reading it in an accent too! but I couldn't pinpoint which one. sort of half indian half spanish
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

+ Reply to Thread