+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why not make World PvP an alternative way to level in pvp

Default Why not make World PvP an alternative way to level in pvp

I enjoy world PvP, but find once people have completed their daily quest they go back to doing warfronts.

Why limit the world pvp quests to once a day?

The world pvp daily quests could instead be 15min lockout repeatable quests. They give roughly the same reward as running a warfront anyway....so why not make them an alternative to running warfronts?

Obviously this suggestion could be refined, what are your thoughts?

The same zerg would farm it endlessly and no one would challenge them due to low morale.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Qia

Because World PvP has always been a zergfest.
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    The same zerg would farm it endlessly and no one would challenge them due to low morale.
    Some times world PvP does result in a zerg fest, but doesn't that open up the possibility for massive world PvP?

I play rift at different times of the day and find that my server's Guardian vs Defiant balance changes throughout the day. This results in Guardians zerging when they have the numbers and Defiants returning the Zerg when the population quota changes.

I agree that it would be farmed, but isn't that what premades that constantly runs warfronts are doing?

I don't think this idea should be overlooked due to fear of zerging, but instead maybe someone could offer an idea that promotes world PvP without the zerg.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Woar View Post
    Some times world PvP does result in a zerg fest, but doesn't that open up the possibility for massive world PvP?

I play rift at different times of the day and find that my server's Guardian vs Defiant balance changes throughout the day. This results in Guardians zerging when they have the numbers and Defiants returning the Zerg when the population quota changes.

I agree that it would be farmed, but isn't that what premades that constantly runs warfronts are doing?

I don't think this idea should be overlooked due to fear of zerging, but instead maybe someone could offer an idea that promotes world PvP without the zerg.
    Let me tell you a story.
    1.4 came out and Whitefall server had 3 defiant raids. It had 1 Guardian raid at the time. This resulted in defiants farming PvP rifts for 3 days straight. Boredom for both Defiants and Guardians.
    You know how PvP rifts are done now?
    One side is AFK farming them. When this side stops the other one starts. This will always be world PvP.
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    I vote for WoW like buffs in whatever that WotLK zone was. PvP Zone, if your side is outnumbered by alot, you get buffed! End of zerg fest issues. Buff it enough and you can start hoping to get zerged.

Buffs I think that would be awesome
    HP
    SP/AP
    Reduced Casting Delay due to melee (Because extra SP/HP doesn't mean anything if you can't cast)
    Cooldown reduction
    Attackspeed/Casting Speed increase
    And finally
    Power/Energy/Mana regen increase!

+ Reply to Thread