+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Appreciate your DPS :)

Default Appreciate your DPS :)

There's a strange wave of what I like to call "DPS hate" circling around in warfronts these days, and I don't like it very much. Nor do I think it's right.

DPS is essential to winning warfronts, just as much as healers and support. It's a symbiotic relationship: good healers cannot win warfronts without good dps, and good dps cannot win warfronts without good healers.

A good dps pointing out to a healer that he could use extra help should be no more out of place then a healer asking for extra protection.

So if you're a healer, and a DPS asks if you can give him more support, do not immediately assume he is a macrosmashing epeenstroking maniac. Please realize that DPS is an extremely important part of your team, and an effective DPS will notice when he's taking heavier fire than normal and will say something.

You want to support these players, not lecture them on how "big numbers do not = skill so spam more buttons nub".

....Yes, this is possibly a rage and alcohol-fueled rant

....Yes, this is about me.

....Yes, this is also about what I've seen happen to other competent DPS.

....And yes, I honestly hope that a few people read this and think about how they view the DPS in their warfronts.

Good night.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

i love finishing wfs with top dmg, kbs, and least amount of healing received while rank 3 paragon dual wield warrior has 80k healing received and 1 kb

when im pugging i usually start out saying " heal me if you want protection" usually gets atleast 1 person to bot me to victory
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 09-15-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Considering damage tends to be what kills people, it is a bit underrated.

People automatically blame healing, but there are cases when healers keep their teams up for 30 seconds or more and the team eventually just folds because there isn't enough damage to neutralize the other team.

People also blame healing or get demoralized when they approach a fight the wrong way, such as leaving a cabalist/stormcaller/dominator to freely cast. That's not bad healing, that's bad play.

Not saying healers are never in the wrong, but the notion of more healers = win (or more of anything really) is silly.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

See, I'm not blaming healing here. This isn't about "healers suck they should heal better".

It's that there is this attitude of, "DPS is replaceable, healers are not." And the point I'm trying to make is that just as healers are important, so are good dps. Just as a good healer who knows what he's doing can turn a warfront around, so can a good dps.

And yet, there is a stigma. If a healer says something about needing more protection, it's generally agreed that he should get the help. On the other hand if a DPS says something about needing more heals, he is generally lectured on how button-mashing and big numbers don't win warfronts.

I don't see why this should be.

It just keeps popping up to me and those I know, and two situations with it tonight just snapped me I guess.
    Last edited by Satiar; 09-15-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Rift Disciple

Default Lol

No worrys i always been one of top dp's warriors in warfronts for a long time now i still get picked on bye my own team or bye defiants it never stops no matter how much you prove yourself bye score and helping the team to win with goals trust me
    The real op classes are clerics and mages as dps trion

Rift Disciple

Default Solution

Disable chat in pvp and for bothsides to communicate to many a'holes in the game ty trion

Rift Disciple

Default My thoughts

theres way to many people who give eachother trouble in general chat on sameside guardian or defiant and also in open chat in world guardian verse defiant wich makes alot of people leave game even if they are a decent player but get sick of being told they arent when the same people who call them bad dont see them play in dungeons/warfronts that often to really know i think there should be a 0 tolerance for trash talk in the game or chat should be disabled for only one side to communicate to eachother and if someone gets reported enough for bad talking should be suspended first then banned ty trion
    Last edited by Belbe; 09-15-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Belbe View Post
    theres way to many people who give eachother trouble in general chat on sameside guardian or defiant and also in open chat in world guardian verse defiant wich makes alot of people leave game even if they are a decent player but get sick of being told they arent when the same people who call them bad dont see them play in dungeons/warfronts that often to really know i think there should be a 0 tolerance for trash talk in the game or chat should be disabled for only one side to communicate to eachother and if someone gets reported enough for bad talking should be suspended first then banned ty trion
    You should read Sun Tzu- The Art of War
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Qia

Good dps is not replacable just like good healing is not.
    It's just that good dps with bad healing is still weaker then bad dps with good healing.
    It's like this.
    4 teams:
    1) good dps + good healing
    2) bad dps + good healing
    3) good dps + bad healing
    4) bad dps + bad healing.

1>2>3>4 in most of situations.
    Last edited by Qia; 09-16-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    i love finishing wfs with top dmg, kbs, and least amount of healing received while rank 3 paragon dual wield warrior has 80k healing received and 1 kb

when im pugging i usually start out saying " heal me if you want protection" usually gets atleast 1 person to bot me to victory
    Paco offers his protection if you vote for him
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-16-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Some people suck at healing, which in that case would hurt more than help if they were forced to play a role they aren't good at. With good organization a team with no healers can take down a team made of healers, it's just super rare in pugs.

Legitimately, it is possible to win WFs with no or less than desired healers, but without dps, its pretty much impossible. The thing I hate most is having 5 clerics and 1 healer, whilst one of the "dps" clerics is in blues. I understand its about having fun, but fun to me is winning, and having a blue trying to dps against ANY pvp-geared person (since valor normalization). People should play the spec that will help their team out. DPS clerics are certainly nice to have but IMO only when we have enough healers, especially when that is the problem
    - - - Gnaszh - - - R5 Riftchampion Warrior - - - Server Police - Deeptrike Guardian PvP - - -
    "It is not the size of the dog in the fight-it is the size of the fight in the dog" D. Eisenhower

I love healers, I love good dps clerics, I hate and I mean I loathe yes get this right I detest bad dps clerics and by that I mean the ones that refuse outright to work with the team.. the ones that are yelling look at me im contributing most in this warfront I have the highest dmg highest kb's failing to mention he also has most heals recieved.. whilst all the pure dps specs are sat behind a rock with 30% health thinking come on combat timer I want to drink up.
    Strangest thing was I spent an entire evening of that where each wf had around 6 clerics and we were lucky if one went healing, I also noticed that for the first time in many months guardians won majority of warfronts and not only that Some of the top warriors were averaging half of thier normal dps some of top dps clerics werent getting anywhere near their normal figures.

Yes everyone want to be the hero but unless you've got good support you end up as nothing but a zero

So yes I love our dps classes but only when they play smart
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Telaran

average DPSer is expendable, good DPSer is not. A good DPSer Matters as much as healer...
    Usually there are as few good DPSer in a PUG as there are healers.

If i have to make a choice I will heal a good DPS first. But i will not follow one mindlessly. If i think a guy is not doing what is good for the team, he can heal himself. And it is not always the guy who pulls the good numbres who contributes the most to victory.

OP, if you are asking for heal that means you are not close to your healer or have a bad healer. If you are not close, that means one of you is wrong on the strategy to win. You may of course be the one who is right, but it is not because you pull good numbers that you are. And sometimes it is not a matter of right or wrong but jsut a matter of people not playing together.

"" heal me if you want protection" usually gets atleast 1 person to bot me"
    People who are clueless and think that healers are bot makes me laugh.

I love playing support in wfs, specifically a chloro lock, however its quite difficult at times when youre marked and people are not watching out for you (ie. the whole of the oher team is pounding on me).

Ive come from mainly playing dps classes and having clued up dpsers is invaluable, i mean the ones who know when to cc and keep thier healers safe.

Its hard to heal everyone, especially when everyones taking damage - the most infuriating thing to hear is "HEAL ME!"
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast