+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By youkiddingme

Thread: Prestige

Soulwalker

Default Prestige

So I have been playing this game for about 2 weeks now and im in the low 40's. I have been topping charts for all my WF games so far, but I read that once you hit 50, you basically get **** on until your prestige is higher. Am i supposed to just run around like a dumbass unti my prestige gets up, i may as well afk?

thanks for any info.

Yes,

Here what you do. Go fine a three year old. Give him or her mouse log in and get any pvp up. Let them move mouse around. Rinse and repeat move for the next month 8 hours a day. That way he or she has fun. You are not afk and get kicked and keep the kid busy. If babysitting earn you some money or if not you can at least enjoy watching him giggle as you die the 100th time.

Enjoy the pain

Soulwalker

Thought so, great system.

one more question, would it be better if i invested 50k or so favor in the lvl 50 mount or saved my plat to get that?

Yes the great thread paradox again. The sheer multitude of people worried about low rank pain, never considering that is there are masses of people worried about low rank pain, hey guess what, you are likely to run into low ranks a lot!

I know, it's a huge paradox. But when someone is a low rank, in their eyes they seem to be the only low rank. Ya know, you can start having fun right at 50 if you want to. Only you can allow yourself to have fun or not.

As for your mount - pure preference. You sacrifice getting a piece of gear instead but some consider a fast mount just as important. I rolled with the faction 90% speed one and paid plat for the 110% one. Mostly because the PvP 110% mount looks like a rust bucket imo >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Yes the great thread paradox again. The sheer multitude of people worried about low rank pain, never considering that is there are masses of people worried about low rank pain, hey guess what, you are likely to run into low ranks a lot!

I know, it's a huge paradox. But when someone is a low rank, in their eyes they seem to be the only low rank. Ya know, you can start having fun right at 50 if you want to. Only you can allow yourself to have fun or not.

As for your mount - pure preference. You sacrifice getting a piece of gear instead but some consider a fast mount just as important. I rolled with the faction 90% speed one and paid plat for the 110% one. Mostly because the PvP 110% mount looks like a rust bucket imo >.<
    LIAR

Keep trolling with your rank 8. What he going to fine out is the truth? All those people that say other wise is lying. The mounts buy it. Itís cheaper in long run.

When you hit 50 and are rank 1 try making yourself useful by going support/heals/eradibot or even a heavy mitigation meatshield. People get depressed when they try and dps from the word go and find that they are hitting enemies like they are wielding a wet noodle. It doesnt take that long to get ranked up now, not with all the bonus weekends and escalations.

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

Rift Disciple

You mean I can't go full pewpew at rank 1!?! /ragequit....Seriously though, if you refuse to pick survivability at low ranks due to "things shouldn't be this way" then that's your fault.
    Last edited by Player0ne; 09-15-2011 at 03:08 PM.

It's not as bad as you hear. People tend to exaggerate. There are frustrating times when the other team is just dominating you with a pre-made, or an excessive amount of P8's. when you continually get 3-4 shotted, but that's no different at P8. You have basically the same valor score but more HP.

I have a P8 mage, but a bit bored lately so started back up on my P2 rogue. There are plenty of other low ranks around. Do your best to get all the valor gear you can, and the rest with cairn purples, blues, and crafted epics. I get owned at times but if I stick with team and healers it's not much different than being P8 other than my numbers are a lot lower on the scoreboard. It's still fun.

People act like the only fun you can have is at P8, but it's the same crap. You can still get rolled hard and be frustrated. You will still go on WF losing streaks. You will also win warfronts, and get on teams that dominate. Everything depends on how good your team is, the amount of healing you have, etc..

Going afk is stupid. You need practice in warfronts. You will get naturally better over time at recognizing class skills and how to counter stuff. Play a support role if you wish to contribute a bit more, or don't listen to people and just play the spec you want.
    Last edited by baph; 09-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Rift Disciple

Sometimes even at fresh 50 you can have fun in a WF....but most times I'd go with the 1st responders suggestion. Open world tends to be a bit more random then WFs, the WF crawl with geared and groups high ranks that tend to dominate, if you're in their WF on their side great, if not...go grab a toddler to move your mouse around for a few minutes.

Telaran

- Hit 50
    - Be utterly useless until rank 4 which, depending on how much you play, can take quite a while
    - Good PvP system, Trion
    - JK, not really

Valor normalization means when you hit 50, buy all the r1 gear you can with the favor you have saved up. Then focus on PvP dailies and escalations when they are up. I personally would stay away from Port Scion until you plateau out where you are bored. PoS is a long PvE-focused battle (like WoWs AV) with PvP thrown in there, but it is more efficient to play the shorter warfronts. Especially if you get stuck in a losing one. Quick in, quick out, move on to the next one.

I agree with the people above as well about playing support or heals. You won't feel like you are making a big difference, but the r5,6,7 and 8 who are receiving the benifits of these roles will appreciate it and help you winning. And as a lot of people don't seem to understand, winning > losing, no matter how many kills you get. That is my personal opinion, and people will tell you stories about losing a WF but getting as much prestige and favor, but those are the long, drawn out WFs that are very close in the end. Stick with doing what you can to win the objectives, not pounding for 2 minutes on an RB/Paladin warrior
    - - - Gnaszh - - - R5 Riftchampion Warrior - - - Server Police - Deeptrike Guardian PvP - - -
    "It is not the size of the dog in the fight-it is the size of the fight in the dog" D. Eisenhower

Telaran

Eh its honestly not that bad. I have a full time job. Started rift about 2-3 months ago and am now R7 halfway to R8. My suggestion pvp some while you are lvling up. Save all your favor and buy all the pvp gear you can as soon as you ding 50. Will be a huge upgrade and since you hitting 50 after the valor changes you wont get 2 shot like my cleric did lol.

And i wouldnt buy the mount with favor tbh wont have enough for the gear unless you pvped a ton. Honestly should have about 120 plat when you hit 50... i did anyway and never played market etc

+ Reply to Thread