+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Their is open world pvp?!?!?

Default Their is open world pvp?!?!?

From what I have experienced on a number of servers, not including deepstike or Dayblind which both have some decent open world pvp, is that it is lacking.

I think this could be fixed by a new incentive to actually participate in PVP rifts.

My idea was to give the winning team a mark every time the closed or destroyed a rift- maybe with no prestige or valor awarded to the losing side not sure about that part yet. I know if this was the case, for myself at least, I would be running around doing open world PVP all day if I could. Also I think this would make the fighting more intense in open world with a new edge of competitiveness.

I think this incentive would drastically change the way open world PVP was played and give much needed excitement between Ques. Just wondering what everyone else thinks of this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrealll View Post
    From what I have experienced on a number of servers, not including deepstike or Dayblind which both have some decent open world pvp, is that it is lacking.

I think this could be fixed by a new incentive to actually participate in PVP rifts.

My idea was to give the winning team a mark every time the closed or destroyed a rift- maybe with no prestige or valor awarded to the losing side not sure about that part yet. I know if this was the case, for myself at least, I would be running around doing open world PVP all day if I could. Also I think this would make the fighting more intense in open world with a new edge of competitiveness.

I think this incentive would drastically change the way open world PVP was played and give much needed excitement between Ques. Just wondering what everyone else thinks of this idea.
    Considering a mark is 1600 and you can get that from any single wf or 2 black gardens, a single mark isn't much incentive. I think that's pretty evident by the declining interest in pvp rifts except for the weekly quest or unseen rep. Now if you up the chance to 3-4 marks, then I think we'd see some renewed interest.
    Shayde@Seastone

You actually get rewards for participating in PvP rifts whether or not you're successful at it.

I was trying to get some faction to rank up to friendly on my alt, so I just ran around attacking players. Being rank 1 at the time I didn't win any of them, but I got rift rewards for each stone carrier I attacked and rewards for the rift as well.

This was with the half-birthday bonuses too so I got something like 1000 planarite and some other rift stuff for never winning a fight.

I'd say the rewards aren't the problem.

What is, you ask?

World PvP doesn't work in a two-faction game.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

There*

/grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Considering a mark is 1600 and you can get that from any single wf or 2 black gardens, a single mark isn't much incentive. I think that's pretty evident by the declining interest in pvp rifts except for the weekly quest or unseen rep. Now if you up the chance to 3-4 marks, then I think we'd see some renewed interest.
    well you have the mark and the extra 600 prestige which comes out to 2200 prestige which is what you get if your dominating a WF PvP match if your lucky. Say you close a PVP rift every 10 min (very fast time i know) you would be at 13200 prestige an hour which if i was extremely lucky i would get in an hour during the B-day bonus.

Lets do a conservative estimate though of 3 an hour, which would b 6600 of P between WFs.

I think when you break it down like that It becomes more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by phyraxian View Post
    There*

/grammar
    ./grammar

troll much

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post

I'd say the rewards aren't the problem.

What is, you ask?

World PvP doesn't work in a two-faction game.
    Quoted for the unfortunate truth.

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr15 View Post
    Quoted for the unfortunate truth.
    Not necessarily because, like I posted in my comment Dayblind and Deepstrike have some pretty decent open world pvp in their servers. So i don't totally agree with your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrealll View Post
    well you have the mark and the extra 600 prestige which comes out to 2200 prestige which is what you get if your dominating a WF PvP match if your lucky. Say you close a PVP rift every 10 min (very fast time i know) you would be at 13200 prestige an hour which if i was extremely lucky i would get in an hour during the B-day bonus.

Lets do a conservative estimate though of 3 an hour, which would b 6600 of P between WFs.

I think when you break it down like that It becomes more appealing.
    Marks don't give prestige though... just favor. My average completion time of PvP rifts is like 10 minutes and I find warfronts to be faster prestige by a MASSIVE amount. I only do PvP rifts because of the Unseen Rep that I need because 95% of the time, there is no PvP at them and you dont get jack **** for closing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Marks don't give prestige though... just favor. My average completion time of PvP rifts is like 10 minutes and I find warfronts to be faster prestige by a MASSIVE amount. I only do PvP rifts because of the Unseen Rep that I need because 95% of the time, there is no PvP at them and you dont get jack **** for closing them.
    How bout the incentive to world PvPing be FUN WORLD PVP?!?! If they up the award you get for killing the opposite faction, throw in a couple of siegable castles, some capturable points that have some effect on zone bonuses (extra prestige, coin, favor, etc.), add in a bonus for the underdog faction (population based), and you'll have all you need to make a zone a non-stop pvp fest.

Rifts are ridiculously boring at this point, have no impact on the zone other than their reward, are mechanically unengaging (grab stone, run stone, rinse repeat... sounds like every Warfront too), are impossible to defend thus making the one with the bigger zerg auto-victor

This is all old hack oft-repeated stuff.... it falls on deaf ears

+ Reply to Thread