+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why not reward favor based on contribution to winning rather then farming

Shadowlander

Default Why not reward favor based on contribution to winning rather then farming

I know it's a radical idea but instead of rewarding players for just farming why not reward them for contributing to winning the war front? As it is now in Black garden the player who carries the fang the most will get the least amount of favor on the team. Also if you get yourself killed bringing down the flag carrier your death will offset any gain from the kill. If you look at the score sheet at the end of the battle the players with the most favor will have no carries and no fc kills. A basic rule of thumb should be a player with no fc or fc kills should always get less favor then a player with just 1 of these (healers of course would be exempt from that rule healing the fc should generate good favor for them).

I know it's standard in mmo's to penalize the players who try to win (ever grabbed the flag in warsong gulch and had your own teammates runaway from you?) but I think it would be fun if more players would play to win and not just to farm.

Prophet of Telara

Yes, in theory reward should scale with effort, however your simplistic explanation of how you see this being calculated means you don't understand the complexity of this if 'fairness' is your number 1 priority.

You identify healers as the only exception to your simple 'kills == effort' equation (and avoid entirely mentioning how you think healing should be scored, hint: pure HPS ISN'T the way to do it), there are many ways to contribute which are not so easily scored based on simple damage numbers.
    Last edited by Kragorn; 09-15-2011 at 08:55 AM.

this might've been a relevant post in march, but they've long since fixed this.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    this might've been a relevant post in march, but they've long since fixed this.
    Sorry but this is not fixed (in Black garden at least) I based this on what I saw this morning.

As far as how to score things exactly I'd leave that to the devs I'm simply trying to point out that (in Black garden at least) players are penalized for working towards winning and rewarded for sticking to the edges and just farming and this is not how it should be.

Shadowlander

False assumptions get false conclusions.

+ Reply to Thread