+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Efficient PvP leveling strategy needed

Telaran

Default Efficient PvP leveling strategy needed

I am working on leveling my way up the PvP ranks. Currently I'm halfway through R5 but the pace is glacial.

I do all the dailies and weekly quests. I queue for random WFs. Is there a better strategy?

What is the most efficient strategy to prestige versus time? Should I just queue Port Scion and murder ppl? Do nothing but PvP rifts? Or are all the paths about the same rate and I just have to suck it up and invest the time?

I appreciate any help.

Rift Chaser

Make the most of bonus time, do something else when bonus time isn't around. Level another character, work on crafting/gathering/farming, advance the PVE side of things.

You'll advance and not be so burnt out at watching your prestige bar slowly creep to the right.

Scion is also good for a number of reasons, and is usually where I spend most of my time when I have to grind, unless it's bonus somewhere else.

If it's the case where you just don't want to do anything but PvP, there isn't much of a choice, it's a slog.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Piece of Shoe View Post
    I am working on leveling my way up the PvP ranks. Currently I'm halfway through R5 but the pace is glacial.

I do all the dailies and weekly quests. I queue for random WFs. Is there a better strategy?

What is the most efficient strategy to prestige versus time? Should I just queue Port Scion and murder ppl? Do nothing but PvP rifts? Or are all the paths about the same rate and I just have to suck it up and invest the time?

I appreciate any help.
    Hey, been there, so I know what you're on about.

I see you're already doing your dailies while queued, which is what I did. I don't know your queue times, but I only queued for Scion, and this was before the bridge favor/prestige fix. Needless to say we were getting a lot of favor from farming bridge.

I was on last night, and it still seems Scion is farmable for Defiant on our cluster. We totally ignored objective and just really pvped and I think we left the match with 4k favor. There will be Scions when you get a lot more than that.

You do have Escalations now, if I were in your shoes, I'd participate in that more than anything else. R8 will be there always, so try to enjoy the time spent invested and it won't seem too much of a grind. It really is what you make of it.
    Riffy@Seastone

Rift Disciple

When I was grinding to R6, and then when I was grinding to r8, I found scion to be one of the worst. Black garden is the fastest, keeping it in the center, slaughtering the other team as they fall, idk what your group is like. Like that other guy said, rank means a lot less than it did when I was low rank, so be grateful for all your welfare valor and just enjoy some pvp. If you don't enjoy pvp, you don't really need r8.

Plane Walker

Avoid port scion at all costs

Only thing I can tell you unless theres some bonus to it

95% of the time it is the worst ratio of time to favor
    In fact when the quest was win a match in port scion I would just delete it
    Last edited by Barsh; 09-15-2011 at 08:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread