+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Riftwalk Has a 3.9 Second Effective Cooldown - With Video Evidence

Default Riftwalk Has a 3.9 Second Effective Cooldown - With Video Evidence

Trion,

The Riftblade talent, Planar Blade, resets Rift Walk on every critical strike. This ability single-handedly gives Riftblades more mobility than any class in any MMO.

I've looked over 3 videos uploaded to youtube in this past month, recorded the effective (in combat) cooldown of Riftwalk due to Planar Blade.

It's 3.95 seconds. That is, it's a gap closer that's effectively reset every third GCD.

This is completely imbalanced and makes running/kiting effectively impossible, as gap openers, such as a Pyromancer's Flicker, is on a 20 second cooldown.

Below is a listing of videos and times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDFWTJ9NRTE&t=26
    Code:
    Used (video time, s)       Reset (video time, s)    Effective Cooldown (s)   Comments
          29                          34                       5                  in combat
          42                          50                       8                  in combat
          65                          69                       4                  in combat
          78                          80                       2                  in combat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhUl5VPpFf0
    Code:

Used (video time, s)       Reset (video time, s)    Effective  Cooldown (s)   Comments
          171                          201                       5                  combat ended @173, restarted @198.
          286                          289                       3                  in combat
          404                          408                       4                  in combat
          529                          530                       1                  in combat
          627                          629                       2                  in combat
          634                          639                       5                  in combat
          726                          728                       2                  in combat
          773                          778                       5                  in combat
          790                          795                       5                  in combat
          841                          850                       9                  in combat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cHOBgW7S0
    Code:

Used (video time, s)       Reset (video time, s)    Effective  Cooldown (s)   Comments
          48                            52                       4                  in combat
          76                            79                       3                  in combat
          124                          124                       0                  in combat, reset instantly
          289                          294                       5                  in combat, Bull Rush'ed in between
          571                          577                       6                  in combat    
          603                          604                       1                  in combat
    Average Cooldown of Riftwalk: 3.95 seconds

Mobility is extremely important in PVP. Giving one class/spec the ability to teleport around a map every 4 seconds needs to be reworked. It's not remotely balanced.

Plane Walker

Wow another nerf warrior post surprise surprise

If you are so against teleporting why do you not complain about the rogue teleport as well?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Barsh View Post

If you are so against teleporting why do you not complain about the rogue teleport as well?
    Not fighting for rogues or against warriors with this post, but

Riftstalker sucks for pvp unless you are teleporting stones around.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Why isn't the Sabodancer spec nerfed? There's no reason why any class should have the ability to stack charges on mobs without taking hate.

This must be chanced, it's totally unbalanced.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with one class being able to solo tank 8 people at a time, deal competitive dps, get out before they even die.

Someone has a warrior.
    Last edited by Galdrin; 09-15-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zahne View Post
    Why isn't the Sabodancer spec nerfed? There's no reason why any class should have the ability to stack charges on mobs without taking hate.

Sadly, I've seen this exact argument from a non-troll post before.

Ascendant

3 videos and 20 data points.

On the forums, we call that conclusive evidence!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    3 videos and 20 data points.

On the forums, we call that conclusive evidence!
    Even 1 data point is conclusive evidence for a forum post. Most posts are just

OMGWARRIORSTELEPORTEVERYWHEREANDGLOBALMENERFTHEM
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-15-2011 at 08:09 AM.

I DEMAND WARRIORS GET NERFBATS

so we can swing them around and stuff with our over powerness

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    I DEMAND WARRIORS GET NERFBATS

so we can swing them around and stuff with our over powerness
    My warrior dual wields nerf bats, didnt you get yours in the mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

Champion

I play a Sabo, and could support this, if you increase our Assassin damage to make up for the loss (or whatever your other souls are), and also let us wear plate since now we have to spend more time in melee rather than in Sabo mode.

It's interesting how players rarely call for a buff in their class - they always want others nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Sadly, I've seen this exact argument from a non-troll post before.

And sadly, not only is it valid but it should be nerfed.

/signed a 50 rogue.

Plane Walker

Well I am a warrior no doubt but no pvp for me anymore. It was a means to an end. I'm rank 8 have my gear and I never played a warping warrior. I used zinn's build

I hate warping warriors as much as anyone else. In fact I hate any advantage and soul has that becomes an imbalance, but as a warrior all we see are nerfs, nerfs lead to funnelling warriors into specs.
    The cries you shed let to warriors being this spec.

When previous to 1.4 did you ever see a warrior (that knew what they were doing) have a shield in pvp?

You, the other classes, brought this to the surface because of the nerfs, now it is time you dealt with it
    Just think if you didnt cry so much we all would still be beast champs (the instant port to respawn build)

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor7 View Post
    It's interesting how players rarely call for a buff in their class - they always want others nerfed.

50 Rogue, nice to meet you.

Ascendant

And sadly, not only is it valid but it should be nerfed.

/signed a 50 rogue.
    You can't sign your own proposal, it doesn't work like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast