+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Fauxknight
  • 1 Post By Rheven

Thread: AFK Report *Abuse* *Exploit*

Default AFK Report *Abuse* *Exploit*

I am getting sick and tired of this abuse!

- If I join a Warfront and we are being farmed at our Grave yard spawn, I sure as hell is not doing this crap on, oh hey let me jump down there and give Defiants free favor!

- I am sick and tired if people abusing this report on Rogues that are spec to be stealth. If you are AFK reported it breaks stealth and it *bleep*s up your whole defense strategy.

- I am also sick of that if you AFK reported at the start of the game before you can get out, the moment the barrier is down, you get the debuff and you cant stealth and so you have to run around looking for a Defiant to kill.

Now this crap that you Kamikaze or not as a Rogue and then die is plain stupid. PvP is about skill, planning, and excuting.

I dont pay 15$ a month for BS PvP abuse and then have to wait 30 min debuff because some JERK doesn't like Rogues that are spec to be stealthed.

I want to play the game how I like it and I choose this spec because it requires skill and timing and I cant because you Trion allow this abuse to happen!

I am sick of this abuse and cyber bullying and people should be banned for abusing this function!?
    Last edited by Toxen; 09-15-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    ...If you are AFK reported it breaks stealth and it *bleep*s up your whole defense strategy...
    That sounds like a bug, you should report it.

Aside from that, If I see a person standing in the same place after I have re spawned. I Report AFK.
    Last edited by CoreSyntax; 09-15-2011 at 07:29 AM.

1) The only way to stop being farmed is to co-ordinate a fight back... if you sit there (like most do) jacking it til the WF is over, you ARE afk in my opinion.

2) Stop going afk.... people don't report rogues JUST for stealthing... it's only your team that can report you and why would they report you for being stealthed? Makes NO sense.

Cyber bullying btw, is not at all this... so troll on.

I wish the function worked better, there are too many times where I report AFKers and they never get the debuff and stay through the entire match never doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreSyntax View Post
    That sounds like a bug, you should report it.

Aside from that, If I see a person standing in the same place after I have re spawned. I Report AFK.

No my problem is that I was kicked out a PvP when I stealthed over to the Defiant area waiting for the rest of the team to come and some jerk convinced the whole raid to AFK report me and I lost stealth 3 times.

Granted I killed a couple Defiant but this exploit is BS and when servers come back up, I am making a petition and hope he gets banned because I do pay for crap like this,

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    No my problem is that I was kicked out a PvP when I stealthed over to the Defiant area waiting for the rest of the team to come and some jerk convinced the whole raid to AFK report me and I lost stealth 3 times.
    /raid Yo guys, I'm in the Defiant base. They have some defenders so I'm going to need some help, can anyone else make it up here?

Stealth rogues spend so much time slugging around the wf looking for targets they rarely find, that their wf stats start looking alot like those of afk leechers.

Sorry, no one is reporting you for afk-ing. It's just that stealth rogues engage so rarely in fights, that their statistics look really bad, and ppl asume they are afk leechers.
    Last edited by Chomag; 09-15-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxknight View Post
    /raid Yo guys, I'm in the Defiant base. They have some defenders so I'm going to need some help, can anyone else make it up here?
    /raid Dude! we are trying, but there's only half of us here, other half is still spawning.

I don't like people to be not contributing to the WF. The way it works for me is while I'm spawn waiting I look at my map. If anyone is in an odd spot for fighting and not moving, I mark them on the map. I check back later (maybe my next spawn, lol) and if they are still under the X on my map then I report AFK. I might even call them out in rchat. If people wanta AFK do it at Meridian or Sanctum not the warfront. No reflection on OP just stating my experience.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Chalk this up as another reason why pugs are an epic fail. I'm not sure which irritates me more, actual AFKers in warfronts or wannabe e-cops who are focused more on reporting AFK players than they are on winning the match.

I have not reported a single person AFK in the entirety of my playing this game. Why? Because when I come out of the graveyard, or I'm riding around heading to an objective, I'm too busy focusing on what my plan of action should be to be worrying about a couple of leeches, who may not actually be leeches.

While I don't know what the OP is talking about (I don't have a rogue -- and I really hate them stealthing around and bothering me!!!) I do think that too many people are quick to judge things... like whether or not someone is really AFK and leeching off the team. Many players tend to go strictly by stats, when stats very clearly do not inform you of a lot of other factors of gameplay -- like guarding a flag in Dex or the carrier in Whitefall... or a healer being focused fired upon and spending more time respawning than healing, just to name a few. I've even been yelled at because I popped into a warfront when it was just about 5 minutes to go and some player felt like my stats made me a useless party member.

My computer loads very slowly between worlds... so when I get a WF pop, it takes me a minute to load up and for everything around me to form. My first post-50 WFs, I got my pop with the WF already in process... and just as everything loaded on the screen, i saw a whisper that I had to answer, so I proceeded to respond. Took me a second, and then I was putting on my self-buffs and loading my mount, when I read in Raid chat that everyone should report me AFK. I had to laugh, as I had heard rumors about the 50+ WFs and now I had my first experience of overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreSyntax View Post
    /raid Dude! we are trying, but there's only half of us here, other half is still spawning.
    /raid Go around the other team. We have 0 kills, there won't be any of them on their own graveyard side to worry about.

As a non-stealthing class (warrior) in WS escalation, even when my team is being farmed, I can make it across to the enemies base unmolested most of the time. You just need a little situational awareness.
    Last edited by Fauxknight; 09-15-2011 at 10:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread