+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 88
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 1.5 with the same pvp ****

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default 1.5 with the same pvp ****

    Tired of being r7 and being own by warriors as a mage.

    and before you are tempted to troll this post ..save your intellectual dishonesty for those who are gullible enough to buy it.

    with all your CC being DR and half your abilities bugged when faced with a warrior (of the same level or higher) all you can do is run because if they get with in 17 meters of you they can kill you in 3 seconds 1200 valor be dammed....yep that is fun Trillion.

    but the fun does not stop there....if they have heals on them they are indestructible to anything short of focus fire and even then sometimes not. Which is stupid as this is an incredible advantage to any of the current objectives in all the BGs.

    they are the game changer and you know in minutes of a bg who is going to win and lose by warriors and healers. the only question is that if you can kill a few the other team for favor.

    and besides the fact that by making them op and heal hogs, a healer has to prioritize their heals on a warrior, almost forcing any other viable build to be self-healing thus severely hobbling any diversity in pvp.

    I mean the Devs might think sitting in the graveyard for most of a bg is fun but I dont think it is...its a waste of time.
    Last edited by Horcrux; 09-15-2011 at 12:10 AM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Ah yes, this scenario reminds me of that game you're referring to all the time, what was it, World of Waynecraft? ;)

    Cloth wearers are meant to be squishy, and caster classes are meant to stay out of range. Snare 'em, root 'em, whatever. If a gladiator gets the opponent in his arms' reach, he should be able to rip his body apart. Especially if they're physically weak. I think this is working as intended.
    Sure, a minimal adjustment to warriors wouldn't harm, but please, don't make it look like we're playing WoW with smoother graphics, because this just isn't WoW, at all. I don't mind getting my bottom handed over to a warrior, especially if I'm dumb enough to let him get near my toon.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedmind View Post
    Ah yes, this scenario reminds me of that game you're referring to all the time, what was it, World of Waynecraft? ;)

    Cloth wearers are meant to be squishy, and caster classes are meant to stay out of range. Snare 'em, root 'em, whatever. If a gladiator gets the opponent in his arms' reach, he should be able to rip his body apart. Especially if they're physically weak. I think this is working as intended.
    Sure, a minimal adjustment to warriors wouldn't harm, but please, don't make it look like we're playing WoW with smoother graphics, because this just isn't WoW, at all. I don't mind getting my bottom handed over to a warrior, especially if I'm dumb enough to let him get near my toon.
    No Rift fails in some ways to WoW in some ways its better and to your first comment pvp should a balance between burst dmg, survivability and CC: 10 meters is not much of a survivability advantage...and pointing this out to a lot of people is like trying to teach a pig to play Rachmaninoff. But I digress because the proof will be in the subscription pudding, now won't it?
    Last edited by Horcrux; 09-15-2011 at 01:56 AM.

  4. #4
    Rift Master Khalsa84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    621

    Default

    i have a warrior charging me i know i will stand here and try and kill him while i stand here taking damage off his 1h/2h sword/axe hmm no wonder why. learn to kite or become a warrior if you want to get to a- b while you have magers casting at you, you only have one thought in the back of your mind "dam this mager is stupid, he is just standing there trying to 1337 damage" instead of slowing me down and kiting me.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalsa84 View Post
    i have a warrior charging me i know i will stand here and try and kill him while i stand here taking damage off his 1h/2h sword/axe hmm no wonder why. learn to kite or become a warrior if you want to get to a- b while you have magers casting at you, you only have one thought in the back of your mind "dam this mager is stupid, he is just standing there trying to 1337 damage" instead of slowing me down and kiting me.
    you mean with all that arsenal of DR CC a mage has, most of which has a cast time...that why I said you can run or die but there is no kitting sh** with DR CC.

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post
    But I digress because the proof will be in the subscription pudding, now won't it?
    Yup, WoW is dropping in subs indeed.


    Seriously though, I've played both a warrior and a mage in WoW, so I kind of know the deal about ranged and melee.
    In WoW, players stop playing a warrior. Here, they stop playing a mage. Why? I don't know. Maybe because "I want to be the king of the hill, and if I can't, I will rant and leave eventually."? Seems the most logical reason to me. There's just no "retry" button in a mmo, heh.
    Survivability, hmm, let me see if I get this right.
    Ranged classes: can throw damage from distances greater than melee classes, and so they need to take that as an advantage. Snares and roots will help with this, and debuffing the enemy in order to make them more vulnerable to the caster's magical spell class will result in higher bursts and damage-over-time effects.
    Melee classes: can inflict massive damage to enemies at close combat, especially if their physical resistance is low. Snares and roots will help keeping the foe at bay, and debuffing it in order to lower their armor value will result in higher impact from the melee swing.

    WoW does it the other way round right now, even though it was just that way when the game was as old as Rift.

    Game's perfectly fine.


    Edit:
    WoW mage's sheep: cast time, unless skilled (iirc)
    WoW warlock's fear: cast time
    WoW frost mage spec: slows enemies with frost spells, even insta-cast ones like Cone of Cold.

    I think I've seen pretty much the same mechanics in here.
    Last edited by Icedmind; 09-15-2011 at 02:12 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedmind View Post
    Yup, WoW is dropping in subs indeed.


    Seriously though, I've played both a warrior and a mage in WoW, so I kind of know the deal about ranged and melee.
    In WoW, players stop playing a warrior. Here, they stop playing a mage. Why? I don't know. Maybe because "I want to be the king of the hill, and if I can't, I will rant and leave eventually."? Seems the most logical reason to me. There's just no "retry" button in a mmo, heh.
    Survivability, hmm, let me see if I get this right.
    Ranged classes: can throw damage from distances greater than melee classes, and so they need to take that as an advantage. Snares and roots will help with this, and debuffing the enemy in order to make them more vulnerable to the caster's magical spell class will result in higher bursts and damage-over-time effects.
    Melee classes: can inflict massive damage to enemies at close combat, especially if their physical resistance is low. Snares and roots will help keeping the foe at bay, and debuffing it in order to lower their armor value will result in higher impact from the melee swing.

    WoW does it the other way round right now, even though it was just that way when the game was as old as Rift.

    Game's perfectly fine.


    Edit:
    WoW mage's sheep: cast time, unless skilled (iirc)
    WoW warlock's fear: cast time
    WoW frost mage spec: slows enemies with frost spells, even insta-cast ones like Cone of Cold.

    I think I've seen pretty much the same mechanics in here.
    well frost mages and warlocks are not even close to as squishy as they are in this game...plus with a helluva lot less dr and more burst. warriors in wow can own a mage at mele in wow but they also can be kitted not so in rift. plus i dont think any class in wow can 3 second kill in pvp even on lower players...even top gear in this game can be...

    but I wonder what you play in pvp in this game...one wonders
    Last edited by Horcrux; 09-15-2011 at 02:25 AM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant mo0trix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post
    Tired of being r7 and being own by warriors as a mage.
    Can't tell if serious or trolling.


    If serious.. chloro/dom + l2p?

  9. #9
    Soulwalker connolps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Here is the deal. Wow was balanced around the concept that 1 class can kill another class easily. That was the class balance. And for the other classes, it was supposed to be roughly balanced. Nothing will ever be balanced though because at no point will you ever have 2 people with the same gear, experience and skill under the same circumstances fighting each other. So people need to stop complaining about balance because one class is rolling them. I have yet to hear warriors make a mass cry about how ******ed difficult clerics are to kill. Because we deal with it. So should you. Eventually, if the warrior nerfs keep coming, there will be no warriors left. Then you will move onto how rogues are OP because they have stealth and can close gaps. Buck up and play the game. Deal with the changes as they come and stop demanding for things to be changed. If you don't like it, find somewhere else to play. The majority of players, who are good at PvP, have learned to overcome whatever deficiencies their individual classes might have.

    And are you really saying that warlocks are easy to kill in Rift? Every class has souls that are better off for certain encounters. Because of the ridiculous nerfs to warrior's physical damage, that is why most warriors go RB. Once that gets nerfed because we do too much damage, we will go back to a tank-dps spec, and you will complain because we cant be killed. Warrior + healer is the way the game, and all MMOs, were created. They are meant to take the most damage, and therefore receive the most heals. If you are 1v2 against any classes, you will die. That is class balance. A r8 cleric and warrior against a r8 mage should roll the mage. Otherwise mages are OP. So either respec to something that works better or **** of our game.
    - - - Gnaszh - - - R5 Riftchampion Warrior - - - Server Police - Deeptrike Guardian PvP - - -
    "It is not the size of the dog in the fight-it is the size of the fight in the dog" D. Eisenhower

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post
    well frost mages and warlocks are not even close to as squishy as they are in this game...plus with a helluva lot less dr and more burst. warriors in wow can own a mage at mele in wow but they also can be kitted not so in rift. plus i dont think any class in wow can 3 second kill in pvp even on lower players...even top gear in this game can be...

    but I wonder what you play in pvp in this game...one wonders
    Im playing a marksman/nightblade/infiltrator spec in pvp. Didn't grab the snare ability though, as I get run speed bonus when getting hit. On a one-on-one encounter with warriors it's about even chances.
    Well, you're right when you say that you don't die as fast in WoW as in here. But over there, you will have 120k hp with about 20k'ish bursts hitting you (don't know if anything has changed, didn't touch WoW in 6 months). Here you have up to 7k hp depending on gear, with up to 2k bursts. So yes, you will die faster in Rift. But let me remind you once again, the same "issue" has been there in WoW when 60 was the level cap, a R14 mage had 4,5k hp against the up to 2k MS crits from R14 warriors.

    Again, I can't see the problem.

  11. #11
    Soulwalker connolps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Oh the good old days of the ladder system in WoW. I loved that stuff
    - - - Gnaszh - - - R5 Riftchampion Warrior - - - Server Police - Deeptrike Guardian PvP - - -
    "It is not the size of the dog in the fight-it is the size of the fight in the dog" D. Eisenhower

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedmind View Post
    Im playing a marksman/nightblade/infiltrator spec in pvp. Didn't grab the snare ability though, as I get run speed bonus when getting hit. On a one-on-one encounter with warriors it's about even chances.
    Well, you're right when you say that you don't die as fast in WoW as in here. But over there, you will have 120k hp with about 20k'ish bursts hitting you (don't know if anything has changed, didn't touch WoW in 6 months). Here you have up to 7k hp depending on gear, with up to 2k bursts. So yes, you will die faster in Rift. But let me remind you once again, the same "issue" has been there in WoW when 60 was the level cap, a R14 mage had 4,5k hp against the up to 2k MS crits from R14 warriors.

    Again, I can't see the problem.
    you men the insa-cast mobile 2k crits vs. stand in place for 2 seconds or longer interruptable 4.5k crits?

    I mean WoWs problem was the flavor of the month op club then everyone has their turn but now its every class has an op build or pvp viable one anyway...and it seems as soon as wars become less op in rift it will be basically the same.

  13. #13
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icedmind View Post

    Edit:
    WoW mage's sheep: cast time, unless skilled (iirc)
    WoW warlock's fear: cast time
    WoW frost mage spec: slows enemies with frost spells, even insta-cast ones like Cone of Cold.

    I think I've seen pretty much the same mechanics in here.
    All WoW mages have Blink which is like Pyro's Flicker only on shorter CD. All WoW mages have Frost Nova which is basicly an AoE root. If you spec Pyro in Rift then you have a teleport. If you spec SC then you have an AoE root. Frost mages in WoW were ridiculously overpowered, virtually untouchable when I last played WoW. They were like Dominators CC wise but their damage was high all the time, not only once every 2 minutes.

    If you really think that gaining range as a Rift mage is just as easy as for a WoW mage then you have no clue at all. Most of the warriors use the cookie-cutter Riftblade build so they teleport non-stop. They have ****loads of buffs on them so dispelling Planar Blade is not that easy as it sounds in theory. The only time I have a chance to get to Planar Blade is when the warrior is focusing on someone else. If he focuses on me then I'd better off standing in front of him Soul Purging because if he's lower ranked with worse gear than mine then he will die before I do. If he's higher ranked with better gear then I die long before I would be able to dispell Planar Blade so there's no point of trying it.

    The inability to effectively and reliably gain range for at least a moderate amount of time is one of the reasons most people run ChloroLock or 32Lock/18Chloro/16Necro because these builds can handle being in melee range for a reasonable time.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    Can't tell if serious or trolling.


    If serious.. chloro/dom + l2p?
    really....are you serious...yes chloro/dom and chloro/locks are good builds and do well against some warrior builds but can they kill a warrior of the same level in 3 seconds?

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post
    really....are you serious...yes chloro/dom and chloro/locks are good builds and do well against some warrior builds but can they kill a warrior of the same level in 3 seconds?
    can they kill anyone with 1100+ valor in 3 seconds?
    Last edited by Horcrux; 09-15-2011 at 03:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts