+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: eventually Prestige will have to be changed

Rift Disciple

Default eventually Prestige will have to be changed

How can I recommended a game to my WoW friends (or other games) if I have to tell them that you will have no fun for 600 hours of play if you want to pvp.

its kind of excessive.

not to mention by time they would get to 50 there might be a new tier.

So mark my words they will do away with the leveling system and try to attract new players.

I thought the season sets in wow did a good job of this..I look for rift to follow suit

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Horcrux View Post
    How can I recommended a game to my WoW friends (or other games) if I have to tell them that you will have no fun for 600 hours of play if you want to pvp.

its kind of excessive.

So mark my words they will do away with the leveling system and try to attract new players.

I thought the season sets in wow did a good job of this..I look for rift to follow suit
    How can you recommend to your friends that if they want to PvP they have to PvP for 600 hours?

I dunno. Sounds like a tough sell to me.

its kind of excessive.

Just to be fair, since the valor normalization 90% of the benefit (or more) of being R8 comes from your weapon.

-Liang

Champion of Telara

I would say just stick with WoW and wait for GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctisx View Post
    I would say just stick with WoW and wait for TSW.
    For the most part, I would agree with this. Then again, if they're burned out on WoW... think about it this way:

600 hours of no fun in RIFT... to have fun.
    After 600 more hours of no fun in WoW... well, it would still be WoW.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    For the most part, I would agree with this. Then again, if they're burned out on WoW... think about it this way:

600 hours of no fun in RIFT... to have fun.
    After 600 more hours of no fun in WoW... well, it would still be WoW.

Fair enough but if you are a casual player (say 2 hours a day) that is dam near a year....

so $190 and 10 months of play to have fun in pvp.... Eskimos might buy ice ...but not that many.

Fair enough but if you are a casual player (say 2 hours a day) that is dam near a year....

so $190 and 10 months of play to have fun in pvp.... Eskimos might buy ice ...but not that many.

I will say this: I still had fun when I had half or less as much valor as the higher ranks, but that was because I enjoyed the challenge of finding ways to contribute. That attitude is one of the reasons I am a stronger player than many others (as evidenced by any game where I beat higher ranked and higher dps callings at killing blows now - which has been most of them).

There is certainly something to be said for competeing on an even mechanical level though, which is why I still intend to pick up GW2.

Now if I can manage to fund all of this with Diablo 3 item sales, I will literally be in gamer heaven.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

With the various sales they have on both the game and subs, it would be far cheaper than that.

An annual WoW sub (2x6 months) is going to run $155.88... RIFT is currently $119.88. With that difference, you could buy the CE version of RIFT and still have money left over...

...and again, they run sales.

Course, there are a lot of games that have gone Freemium or the like lately and will be doing so later this year.

By the way, have you checked out some of the changes over in the PTS section of the forums that will be coming shortly?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Default Dude...

...if you're not having fun playing RIFT, unsub and deinstall.

Yes warfronts are fun to me. If they are no fun to you, they won't be any fun when you reach rank 8 either.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    ...if you're not having fun playing RIFT, unsub and deinstall.

Yes warfronts are fun to me. If they are no fun to you, they won't be any fun when you reach rank 8 either.
    Quoted, for truth.
    "You're right. Technically he has the right to cry about it. And I have the right to mock him for crying about something stupid." ~Bridgeburner
    "Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more." ~Tenet

73 Likes , 1 Infraction, Liked 228 posts, and counting...

Soulwalker

its kind of excessive.

I guess your WoW friends haven't been in Azeroth when it had a ranking system, up to Rank 14 actually. It took the same time there to maxx it out as in here.
    Blizzard throws out new PvP tiers way too fast, so the "by the time you get max level" sentence doesn't fit to Rift. I know a big bunch of people who gave up on WoW, because you had super equipment in no time, and after that there was nothing more to do. You want super awesome rewards? Go and show you're worth equipping it.
    Just shows how WoW has become a game for the dull "I want everything right as I create my character" kind of player. I don't mean this in a rude way, don't get me wrong. But this is the mmo way. And I like it.

L0L OP!
    On WoW you have to spend 2 hours to be competitive @ PvP?
    Stay there, no need that kind of ppl here.
    And again: A PvP players, play 600 hours PvP?
    NO WAY!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Icedmind View Post
    I guess your WoW friends haven't been in Azeroth when it had a ranking system, up to Rank 14 actually. It took the same time there to maxx it out as in here.
    Blizzard throws out new PvP tiers way too fast, so the "by the time you get max level" sentence doesn't fit to Rift. I know a big bunch of people who gave up on WoW, because you had super equipment in no time, and after that there was nothing more to do. You want super awesome rewards? Go and show you're worth equipping it.
    Just shows how WoW has become a game for the dull "I want everything right as I create my character" kind of player. I don't mean this in a rude way, don't get me wrong. But this is the mmo way. And I like it.
    I am sorry but your post has little relevance to the present....WoW did away with pvp ranking or least minimized it...it takes a a while to get a full set of gear at top rank but not an EXCESSIVE amount of time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthys View Post
    L0L OP!
    On WoW you have to spend 2 hours to be competitive @ PvP?
    Stay there, no need that kind of ppl here.
    And again: A PvP players, play 600 hours PvP?
    NO WAY!
    did they have any reading compensation classes at the school you attended or did you just skip them?

Soulwalker

I am sorry but your post has little relevance to the present....WoW did away with pvp ranking or least minimized it...it takes a a while to get a full set of gear at top rank but not an EXCESSIVE amount of time.
    Let me remind you what Blizzard said since TBC: "We want this game to be accessible to a bigger portion of players, even the ones who can't spend 4 to 6 hours a day playing a game." Alterac Valley used to be a Battleground which could last an entire day before a winner emerged. People started complaining about this, and Blizzard answered rather quickly. And they do so in present, too. That's the fear of losing money and subscriptions.
    Back then I used to do PvP and arenas to get my hands on higher tier'd weapons for PvE purposes, because it really was a joke to earn them.
    And as I said in some other of your threads, this is NOT Warcraft. And this is not a game that's been out for 7 years, using whatever method to stay alive against all the other mmo's. Blizzard turned into a greedy bunch, making money out of all that's possible: useless mounts, one-click-wonder-equipment, welfare, you name it.
    You want to earn PvP points fast? Do as I used to when I played WoW: premade, vent, people with a slight knowledge of what to kill first to gain advantages.

Just a tiny edit here: You're mentioning the present. Alright. Take WoW's "present" 7 years ago. It was the same type of game (with less content, mind you), and those who love PvP in mmo's actually loved it in WoW too.
    Last edited by Icedmind; 09-15-2011 at 01:55 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast