+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I found out why I don't like PVP Rifts/Open world PVP in Rift

Default I found out why I don't like PVP Rifts/Open world PVP in Rift

I was happily killing the other team and then died. When using the resurrection, I found that it costs me 29G per death. 29. One third of one plat.

3 deaths = 1 plat

Trion, seriously. If you want to promote this kind of stuff, make it so that when you are killed by another player, it costs nothing to restore your soul. Treat it as a Warfront, I did and it cost me 1 plat the way it is set up at the moment. It will be the last time that I decide to close a PVP rift. Too bad, it was pretty fun since open world PVP is exciting on a PVE server. Open world PVP on a PVP server is ripe with griefing and spawn kills.

This just goes back to the argument that pure PvP does not give enough money. I've never had an issue with repair costs, but I also do both PvP and PvE pretty heavily.

29*3=87.

/10

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    29*3=87.

/10
    *Roughly

You didn't see the * in the figure. Since it was the same color as the background. I could care less how much money I make killing other fools. Just give me the favor and XP and be done with it. Don't punish players for choosing to play a feature of the game. Especially if you are trying to promote it.

Ascendant

Rezzing at the GY is a convenience whether you died in PvE or PvP. If you don't want to pay for dying, go rez at your tombstone.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Rezzing at the GY is a convenience whether you died in PvE or PvP. If you don't want to pay for dying, go rez at your tombstone.

did you even read the OP's post? He is rezzing @ his tombstone. What he/she is implying is that when you rez you get a -10% of your soul as if you died from a mob.

Wow, DIAF ya troll.
    1,009,093 QQ Threads abolished, 9,089,897,324,323 Trolls murdered.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katrynne View Post
    did you even read the OP's post? He is rezzing @ his tombstone. What he/she is implying is that when you rez you get a -10% of your soul as if you died from a mob.

Wow, DIAF ya troll.
    Getting killed in a pure PvP fight doesn't cause a loss to soul vitality. Getting killed in open world PvP with no PvE influence only costs soul vitality if you rez at the GY. And the OP didn't specify whether they used the GY healer or ran to their tombstone, but since they're talking about "using the resurrection" the implication is GY, and talking about 3 deaths (90% lost soul vitality) also implies GY. K?

Rage less, kid.
    Last edited by Licentia; 09-14-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Ascendant

WOW fixed this early on in the game (but probably about 6 months in too) Simply put, they stopped making pvp deaths cost anything.

Also, not sure why WF are so bad at giving money/items etc. If you pvp a lot forget getting any money. I loved in eq2 how someone could drop all their plat etc. I got 2 plat once
    Last edited by rastaah; 09-14-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Getting killed in a pure PvP fight doesn't cause a loss to soul vitality. Getting killed in open world PvP with no PvE influence only costs soul vitality if you rez at the GY.
    Expect that sometimes it does if there are mobs running around hitting people. With these cramping zones there usually are.

Hell, I even lost soul vitality in a wf once.

Rift Chaser

PvP deaths don't cost anything but it's how the coding is done that does.

I found this out doing a pvp rift solo and killing a beacon. I got killed when I was attacking it and lost soul durability but when I died after when I just attacked the player I didn't lose any more. I think it's coded so that anyone who has a NPC on their threat list is designed to take soul damage when they die. Bad coding? Yes. Fixable? Yes. Will they? Maybe In the future

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by penumbralcat View Post
    Expect that sometimes it does if there are mobs running around hitting people. With these cramping zones there usually are.

Hell, I even lost soul vitality in a wf once.
    Right. So it's not dying in PvP that's causing the issue, it's getting proximity aggro from PvE mobs and then dying in PvP. It's just part of the process. People dealt with it in WoW for years and years, and WoW PvP paid less than Rift PvP does.

Per the PTS notes in the PTS section, this should no longer be an issue - eh?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    PvP deaths don't cost anything but it's how the coding is done that does.

I found this out doing a pvp rift solo and killing a beacon. I got killed when I was attacking it and lost soul durability but when I died after when I just attacked the player I didn't lose any more. I think it's coded so that anyone who has a NPC on their threat list is designed to take soul damage when they die. Bad coding? Yes. Fixable? Yes. Will they? Maybe In the future
    It is fairly absurd that the PvP rift generators "aggro" you and cause you to lose soul vitality from death in pretty much a purely PvP situation. Good planning Trion!
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Per the PTS notes in the PTS section, this should no longer be an issue - eh?
    Shhh, let them argue nonsensically for a little longer.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by phyraxian View Post
    Shhh, let them argue nonsensically for a little longer.
    I saw the change 10 minutes after posting. A welcome fix that is much needed.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast