+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE im sick of it !!!!!

Default IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE im sick of it !!!!!

Im so sick of every player being immune in Warfronts , its just too much

Even buffs that slow players when your attacked make them immune , i mean wtf
    i have all these spells (im mage btw) to slow knock back or silence or whatever type of spells and they are absolutely useless because other peoples make the enemy immune and i cant shake them of me.

why do slows have to be on the same dr as stuns or knock backs? how my suppose to kite a warrior all you can do is stand there and tryto nuke them down before you die. yeah not gonna happen!

another example is when a mage uses hailstorm or something on a bunch of enemy players , it makes them immune to any type of cc stun silence slow knockbacks etc for EVERYONE. and im sure other classes have similuar spells that do this.

dont know how you will fix this , im sure poeple in this forum are gonna say its fine blabla you know argumentative forums kids but people IN GAME have agreed with me that the immune thing is freakin annoying.
    Criticism and Lack of self confidence: The difference between a confident person and an inferior person is the way of thinking, while the first tends to compliment his actions the second keeps putting himself down. The mind of the person lacking self confidence is usually full of negative messages and thatís why the excess negative messages travels to the other people around him in the form of criticism. The conclusion is, The overly critical person usually lacks self confidence

Yeah CC might as well be ignored, this game fell to WoW's standard of "no cc ever".

Trion just forgot that they built classes and souls around these cc tactics and thus make them fail without them. A rogue with out stunlock is like a midly annoying dude trying to hit me while i nuke his ***.
    My YouTube Gaming Channel: www.youtube.com/saintavalon
    Thanks for the fun time Trion and Belmont Guardians for the Extra Life Event!

here is a few quotes from another thread i just found

Icy Vortex creates another problem for the Mage. Because I'm not 100% certain on the debuff times, we'll use 8 second and 4 seconds for the durations. Once someone hits you, they are slowed for 8 seconds, and once they hit you again, then they're slowed for 4 seconds, and then the next time, they're immune. Why is this a problem? Because once the enemy hits you twice, you've just used up both DRs for the Movement Category, and now they're immune for 30 seconds. Once again, you're out of CC's and it's game over.
    The last issue I want to talk about for the Stormcaller is Hailstorm. It's really nice for keeping packed players packed while you thunderstorm them down, but now you've made all of them immune to the Movement category since it effects enemies much like Icy Vortex does. This isn't such a huge problem for group PvP, except now your fellow team mates won't be able to slow them once the hailstorm is over, causing issues for melee in general.
    Conclusion: Roots and snares need to be on separate diminishing returns. Having one soul's CC completely dependent on one category is causing survivability issues for them
    Criticism and Lack of self confidence: The difference between a confident person and an inferior person is the way of thinking, while the first tends to compliment his actions the second keeps putting himself down. The mind of the person lacking self confidence is usually full of negative messages and thatís why the excess negative messages travels to the other people around him in the form of criticism. The conclusion is, The overly critical person usually lacks self confidence

Era
    Champion of Telara

There's also the "stacking" debuffs for movement...it doesn't really work because after the second application the person is immune...thus defeating the point of stacks to begin with!
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Default and...

not only is everyone immune to most CC Dominator abilities lately, and not only can anyone take a PvP Soul and un-freeze themselves, but it seems most classes also have CC, which makes the one CC 'expert' useless.

Plane Touched

You bet the reason why everyone is IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE is because everyone is spamming those CC abilities without any sort of coordination. Huge influx of warriors is also contributing to this.

Fear, fear, fear...etc etc

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by darksinx View Post
    Im so sick of every player being immune in Warfronts , its just too much

Even buffs that slow players when your attacked make them immune , i mean wtf
    i have all these spells (im mage btw) to slow knock back or silence or whatever type of spells and they are absolutely useless because other peoples make the enemy immune and i cant shake them of me.

why do slows have to be on the same dr as stuns or knock backs? how my suppose to kite a warrior all you can do is stand there and tryto nuke them down before you die. yeah not gonna happen!

another example is when a mage uses hailstorm or something on a bunch of enemy players , it makes them immune to any type of cc stun silence slow knockbacks etc for EVERYONE. and im sure other classes have similuar spells that do this.

dont know how you will fix this , im sure poeple in this forum are gonna say its fine blabla you know argumentative forums kids but people IN GAME have agreed with me that the immune thing is freakin annoying.
    Trion released this game with the idea of embracing Hard Counters and CC. Souls were built around it. People cried and cried. Mostly cleric's cried because of mana drains. But melee dps cried about being kited

The only solution to this is to allow casters to cast and run at the same time. Melee can run and use all of their attacks while running.

But ranged classes get IMMUNE all day long and STILL have to remain stationary to attack.

The occasional thread asking for the return of hamfisted CC is just a fart in a hurricane compared to the ZOMG I QUIT CANT MOVE AND DEAD !&$^%%#^@& posts from the first month.

It won't be getting changed back.

Build your souls appropriately. Maybe ask for a visible immunity aura like a red halo for one class and blue halo for another, or perhaps a cooldown reset / spell not firing on immune targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvia View Post
    Trion released this game with the idea of embracing Hard Counters and CC. Souls were built around it. People cried and cried. Mostly cleric's cried because of mana drains. But melee dps cried about being kited

The only solution to this is to allow casters to cast and run at the same time. Melee can run and use all of their attacks while running.

But ranged classes get IMMUNE all day long and STILL have to remain stationary to attack.
    i think this would help somewhat "being able to run and cast"but i dont think it would be the best solution

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    There's also the "stacking" debuffs for movement...it doesn't really work because after the second application the person is immune...thus defeating the point of stacks to begin with!
    lol thats hillarious and they havent even fixed this, shocking

Prophet of Telara

Yes, it's time to re-address crowd control.

My suggestion: Change diminishing returns to always have at least 2 seconds of debuff time. So instead of immune, you'd have 2 seconds of root, or 2 seconds of snare, etc...

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post

My suggestion: Change diminishing returns to always have at least 2 seconds of debuff time. So instead of immune, you'd have 2 seconds of root, or 2 seconds of snare, etc...
    Or break it down into "Schools" of magic - Cold, Poison, Death, etc.

That would eliminate everyone rolling the same souls. What good would Transformigy be if your WF has 5 mages playing Dom, and they all shared the same DR? It would be worthless.

But, a death damage stun, should not share DR with a Lightning damage stun.

The more diverse your WF group was in terms of CC schools and abilities, the better off your team would be.

It would also require coordination of CC, and not a spam fest.

Plane Touched

That would eliminate everyone rolling the same souls. What good would Transformigy be if your WF has 5 mages playing Dom, and they all shared the same DR? It would be worthless.

The more diverse your WF group was in terms of CC schools and abilities, the better off your team would be.

^ This. (extended QFT for message length)

Prophet of Telara

The only issue there would be that you could still be perpetually CC'd, and that's something Trion does not want.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post

Mythic tried this with DAoC when the CC wars started getting out of hand and they ended up FUBARing the game mechanics even worse, to the pint hey hopelessly broke PvE mechanics in the process.

If you want "balanced" PvP, go play an FPS.

Otherwise, accept MMO PvP for what it is and either live with it or leave it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast