+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: This game requires 0 skill

Rift Disciple

Default This game requires 0 skill

truth about pvp in rift- there are no good players in pvp or pve, making one macro to kill people in pvp or to get the highest dps in a raid requires no skill then i have a player saying cleric healing requires no skill i just loled cleric healing is probably the most skilled class in the game considering you cant macro healing what a idiot

Ascendant

Mages macro?
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    truth about pvp in rift- there are no good players in pvp or pve, making one macro to kill people in pvp or to get the highest dps in a raid requires no skill then i have a player saying cleric healing requires no skill i just loled cleric healing is probably the most skilled class in the game considering you cant macro healing what a idiot
    Are you angry? Do you need hugs? Perhaps a nap?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    LOL

except warriors, not all classes can make 2 macros called:

Hit hard
    HIT BIGGER

except my NB specc i got 16 keybinds on all others speccs and using 1 macro just to save 1 slot

and skill-timing and positioning
    and dont say cleric healing takes much skill when all u have to do most of the time is go bunny mode and spam instants most of the time
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

And you took the time to come and whine here about that? Really?

Play and have fun or go do something else, life is too short.

Ascendant

What an amazing find! MMORPG's aren't skill based? Quick, call the news!
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    What an amazing find! MMORPG's aren't skill based? Quick, call the news!
    DAOC was pretty skill based, with few hiccups here and there
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    DAOC was pretty skill based, with few hiccups here and there
    The more skill based a game becomes, the more it becomes a FPS/RTS. MMO's just don't do well when they are about character progression (time=money on subscription based games).

Give everyone the ability to kill everyone and it becomes a homogenized fiasco. WoW went from plate>leather>cloth>plate to Frost mages>>>>plate>??><o.O<rogues?<priests>ret paladins....I have no idea, but it was screwed up and it stopped feeling like an MMO. I would rather fight a warrior/dk/ret paladin on my rogue than any mage/priest(shadow is a joke)/druid by WotLK--that's when I realized the game had strayed way too far because of arena.

And yet with every class in the game you can clearly define good and bad players of equal gear levels.

MMO's are like where good FPS players go to retire.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dashel View Post
    And yet with every class in the game you can clearly define good and bad players of equal gear levels.
    Calling someone good is a long stretch in an MMO, scripted combat isn't that fast/hard, but bad I can understand. You have the keyboard turning mouthbreathers who probably shouldn't even be playing a game at all every now and then.

It's more of a exerts effort/teamplayer/lazy kinda situation.

Soulwalker

Default Chuckle

As a longtime MMO'er and PVP'er, I do see skill needed to dominate in PVP. It isn't to the level where some MMOs are, but Rift is about average of the pack.

Ascendant

This is at least the third crybaby thread posted by the OP this morning.

Sounds like someone got rolled in a warfront this morning before they had their coffee. This is how post offices get shot up, kids. As a matter of etiquette (and safety) we ask that all dominant teams in warfronts extend their opponents the courtesy of asking if they've had their coffee/tea yet that day and if not, a small measure of leniency might be in order just to prevent another "on the water tower" incident.

Thank you.

Rift Disciple

If there were no skill in the game:

You would not hear people of the same calling complain that at R1 they can not contribute, and it is pointless to play, while others of the same calling say that they can contribute meaningfully.

You would not hear people of the same calling complain that another calling is overpowered, while others of the same calling say that that they have no problems against that calling.

You would not have a general consensus that Premades will roll PuGs.

You would not hear people of the same calling complain that a tactic is broken and OP, while others of the same calling defend it as a viable tactic with counters available.
    Mirason - Lvl 50 R8 Dom/Chloro Mage Sunrest

Prophet of Telara

Are you trying to get permabanned from the forums because you're quitting? If so, try harder dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast