+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: arena

Rift Disciple

Default arena

I hear so many people crying out for some kinda competitive pvp system yet in the 4 months that i have been playing trion never ever acknowledge it, yet they would rather bring out a new war font really do rank 8's wanna grind rep, no not really do rank 8's wanna compare skill to another player, yes they do, can you do that in this game lol no bloody way can you.

so what are trion doing about this ? nothing
    most true pvpers i speak to want competitive pvp, the only people i hear whining about it is people that are fly by mmo players.

ok trion you have been told time and time agian one big way to "better" this game yet you avoid it all together, is this because equalizing classes is to hard for you?

by the way trion that was a question and i would like a anwser seeing as this haas been avoided for so long
    Last edited by praggers; 09-14-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Ascendant

I'd rather not have the unique and engaging soul system completely homogenized and un-funned just so some people who can't hack it in actual competitive games can pretend they're competitive in an MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Rift Disciple

you no why you dont want it because your the kinda player that would rather play a game that has no skill because it doesnt use brainpower to play it

Ascendant

I am interested to see if a dev responds. Your posting spree got noticed already and they shut the goodbye thread down really quickly.

If only they answered questions or gave useful feedback that quickly.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    I hear so many people crying out for some kinda competitive pvp system yet in the 4 months that i have been playing trion never ever acknowledge it, yet they would rather bring out a new war font really do rank 8's wanna grind rep, no not really do rank 8's wanna compare skill to another player, yes they do, can you do that in this game lol no bloody way can you.

so what are trion doing about this ? nothing
    most true pvpers i speak to want competitive pvp, the only people i hear whining about it is people that are fly by mmo players.

ok trion you have been told time and time agian one big way to "better" this game yet you avoid it all together, is this because equalizing classes is to hard for you?

by the way trion that was a question and i would like a anwser seeing as this haas been avoided for so long
    Even tho you've quit RIFT. I agree with you as I stated here in this post: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3131655
    <The Endless Court>
    Ovee - r4 Cleric | Skigoboom - r6 Warrior
    ^5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH - 5/11 HK^

I have grown to agree that this game needs a competitve stage for true pvp endgame, but your spam postings are getting creepy.

Look out Trion! This guy is a crazy.

giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiief Arena, or some sort of ladder experience. Playing pug wf's is starting to bore med now at p7.

I would love something like this to be implemented, so i can play 2v2's 5v5s etc with my guildmates.

World pvp is nearly non exsistant, except for a little on weekends.

Kalqulate
    Sagespire realm
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

I don't forsee arena ever being brought into Rift. Being that Blizzard stated it was the worst mistake they ever made and being that it would flood the forums with even more x class is op QQ then there is now, I would not be holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

I've said it before, as long as balance is never based off arena, you can have it.

Ascendant

I would like to see ACTUAL PREMADE WARFRONTS. Where you can queue with a raid of 10, and play a black garden against another group of 10. This would require Trion upgrading servers and putting more shards together though.

However, when you start doing this the community feel suffers. I like seeing people's names and knowing who they are when I PvP since it draws from 5(?) shards only. Merge all the servers together and everyone just becomes their own little insignificant snowflake.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Trion is probably developping some sort of competitive PvP system (not necessarily one that awards gear), since it's the only way to make PvP interesting in the long term (and those who've finished their R8 grind are starting to understand it now that they're bored).

But Trion will obviously reveal they're working on such a system as late as possible, mainly to prevent all the drama on the forums.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    you no why you dont want it because your the kinda player that would rather play a game that has no skill because it doesnt use brainpower to play it
    Unreal Tournament ('99, not the new-age console crap) and Street Fighter (pretty much any of the 'classic' series) require FAR more brainpower and skill than Rift ever will. Or pretty much any MMO for that matter. Those games have no such thing as FotM class/compos, and no such thing as 'outgearing' people. There is almost no RNG at all, and for the most part (with the exception of very particular matchups in certain SF games) no R-P-S gameplay.

Those are the games I play when I'm looking for something competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Soulwalker

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    I would like to see ACTUAL PREMADE WARFRONTS. Where you can queue with a raid of 10, and play a black garden against another group of 10. This would require Trion upgrading servers and putting more shards together though.

However, when you start doing this the community feel suffers. I like seeing people's names and knowing who they are when I PvP since it draws from 5(?) shards only. Merge all the servers together and everyone just becomes their own little insignificant snowflake.
    I feel the same way, It would also make the warfront ques take a bit longer too, wouldn't it? Plus this would almost be like "rated battlegrounds" from World of Warcraft, minus the other team isn't premade (huge disadvantage to the other team) and also you don't gain poitns toward a rank (from what I've heard, I've yet to hit level 50 still.)

Shadowlander

What could hold me in this game a little longer, is new 5 vs 5 warfront. Games tend to be much more interesting when there are less people going around. Requires better team coordination, too. Instead we are getting another black garden-like 15v15 zergfest piece of &*^t.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisha View Post
    What could hold me in this game a little longer, is new 5 vs 5 warfront. Games tend to be much more interesting when there are less people going around. Requires better team coordination, too. Instead we are getting another black garden-like 15v15 zergfest piece of &*^t.
    i want a 5v5 wf or sum sort of rated wfs or arena also

however the new warfront does look sweet imo
    The artist formally known as Dubs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast