+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mana Drains & Valor

Plane Touched

Default Mana Drains & Valor

Perhaps this is actually already in effect and it just isn't shown in the tool-tip for valor.

However, I feel like the harder I become to kill as I rank up as a healer, the more I am getting mana-drained almost immediately. While, no, this does not kill me and I can eventually get my mana back, it makes me absolutely useless in a warfront.

Mana is already very 'precious' to a healer as the mana-cost of group heals is inappropriate (I'm sure there are other threads on that, just pointing out how this all compounds) and how the 'mortal strike' debuff seems to spread to everyone instantly and *never* drop off (this is also, in my opinion, ridiculous). I understand that healers must eventually be kill-able, but mana-drain is more annoying than anything. I and any other healer goes down just fine if you assist-train us or learn to interrupt.

Valor should reduce the amount of mana lost by player abilities just as it reduces the amount of health lost.

I'm not trying to 'complain' as I am totally happy with where my Cleric healer is, my ability to keep a team alive, my survivability, feel there is an acceptable method to kill me, etc, but the whole mana-drain is just a pita and should be scaled back a bit.

Plane Walker

Heal debuffs and mana drains are needed to get high level healers in check. If not they just never freaking die and keep the whole team alive (I have a cleric myself ).

Champion

As a player with a Cleric and a Mage, mana drains are fine. They're either cleansable (or avoidable with movement), small enough that only getting hit with multiples will cause you problems or have a giant blue beam pinning the caster in place and pointing them out to your teammates. The only reason to get drained is getting caught by yourself solo (in which case they're your hard counter and have a specific hard counter themself) or by having a terrible team.

I hate mana drains as much as the rest, but its fine quite honestly. Its an attention check. Something that everyone needs in some forms. Form, for us, its mana drains.

Plane Touched

Default Dominator

Quote Originally Posted by Anyasha View Post
    Perhaps this is actually already in effect and it just isn't shown in the tool-tip for valor.

However, I feel like the harder I become to kill as I rank up as a healer, the more I am getting mana-drained almost immediately. While, no, this does not kill me and I can eventually get my mana back, it makes me absolutely useless in a warfront.

Mana is already very 'precious' to a healer as the mana-cost of group heals is inappropriate (I'm sure there are other threads on that, just pointing out how this all compounds) and how the 'mortal strike' debuff seems to spread to everyone instantly and *never* drop off (this is also, in my opinion, ridiculous). I understand that healers must eventually be kill-able, but mana-drain is more annoying than anything. I and any other healer goes down just fine if you assist-train us or learn to interrupt.

Valor should reduce the amount of mana lost by player abilities just as it reduces the amount of health lost.

I'm not trying to 'complain' as I am totally happy with where my Cleric healer is, my ability to keep a team alive, my survivability, feel there is an acceptable method to kill me, etc, but the whole mana-drain is just a pita and should be scaled back a bit.
    1) As you get better gear, you become harder to kill. Healers become almost impossible to kill, if they have good gear and skills. To balance this "Near Immortality" Trion has put in Mana Drains.

2) Its quite easy to counter Mana Drains. Use your Dispel abilities (Which ever viable PvP Talent Speck got). Interrupt the Mana Drain. Use CC like Fear and Silence. Run out of Line-of-Sight. This is often the difference between a good and a average healer.

3) If you want to remove Mana Drains, you would have to adjust game mechanics radically. Cut Healing in half or increase Healing De-Buffs from 50% to 75%, that sort of stuff. Increase Silence durations 100%.

Once more with Feeling: YOU WILL NOT BE GRANTED IMMORTALITY...MKAY?!

Regards

Acererak
    Last edited by Acererak; 09-13-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Perhaps it's simply that you're surviving in fights long enough to run out of mana.

I mean even one mana wrench late in a fight really puts the hurt on.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Mana drains themselves are fine (they can already be countered), but there should be more ways to regenerate mana. Maybe 34+ channeled abilities in healer souls?

Ascendant

Mana drains really only come from deep VKs and Dominators, both of which are built pretty much entirely for that purpose (VKs specifically for it, Doms for CC in general). Draining is sort of what they do.

Well, them and Rogues that are stupid enough to spend 21 points to drain less than 125 mana/sec with ToT
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Mana drains really only come from deep VKs and Dominators, both of which are built pretty much entirely for that purpose (VKs specifically for it, Doms for CC in general). Draining is sort of what they do.

Well, them and Rogues that are stupid enough to spend 21 points to drain less than 125 mana/sec with ToT
    The difference is vk mana drains are affected by valor but dominator mana drains are not. The OP does have a point in that valor should affect mana drains imo.

Rift Disciple

i just wish there was dinishing retruns on mana wrench hate when i see 3+ mana wrenches comming my way from 3 diffrent directions maybe something like first wrench goes for full second 50% of its original and 25% next and 0 the 4th for the next 30-60 secs or so

and while at it add a longer cd to aoe warrior fears 1min be awesome so they actualy have to think when to use there fear not spam it when ever it is off cd
    Cleric wants detaunt to auto proc on everyone hitting me!! QQ god damn heal debuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Anyasha View Post

Clerics have TONS of mana-reclaimation talents/abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by brutis View Post
    The difference is vk mana drains are affected by valor but dominator mana drains are not. The OP does have a point in that valor should affect mana drains imo.
    And VK mana drains can't be interrupted / dispelled unlike dom mana drains.

Both types of mana drains have their disadvantages.
    Last edited by Deathwhisperzz; 09-14-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Champion of Telara

The people who have problems with mana drains should actually attempt to play a class/build that drains mana and see what they think of them then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    The people who have problems with mana drains should actually attempt to play a class/build that drains mana and see what they think of them then.
    I agree, mana drains are a last resort if a healer is just not going to go down after being purged, silenced and dpsed. Even then, most good healers that I run into have a lot of mana restoration abilities and once they run low don't seem to have that big of an issue continuing to throw heals. Also consider that mana drain specs and mana drain abilities are not optimum damage to begin with. Most of the time mana draining is simply not very efficient.

Telaran

My cleric is only rank 2 and I never have a problem with mana drains. I use potions during a battle and drink afterwards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast