+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pre-50 PvP gear...

Era
    Champion of Telara

Default Pre-50 PvP gear...

So my rogue is level 42...I've been leveling her using almost all warfront queues and a bit of questing while waiting for queues to pop. I'm near the favor cap at this point and have literally nothing to spend it on. The gear available sucks (as in, I found maybe 3 pieces....some of which are downgrades to crafted gear of similar level). I suppose I could get ahead on marks for when I hit 50, but I'd really like to see additional PvP gear for lower level brackets. It's great that they added a bit of valor pre-50, but with 2-3 pieces of gear it's not nearly enough (not even +10 with all available gear).
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Shadowlander

Pre-50 PvP gear is useless... Most of it requires reputation you wont meet till you out level the gear by 20 levels. When I hit 50 and was still short on reputation for level 35 gear.

Shadowlander

You are better off just buying marks and saving up. You'll be ahead of the game for 50 then.

In the 40's I'd just save up. If you get a faster start out the gate, gear at 25 and 35 is not all that bad. It helps and not that expensive. Don't even hardly made a dent in the favor you're accumulating. Course like you said, it you don't have the rep then you don't. Enjoy.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Ascendant

Agreed with others, buy your rank 1/2 gear now and then convert the rest to marks. if you plan on using the PvP weapons, check to see what the rank 4 items need as base for the upgrade and grab those (they're blue weapons from the quartermaster, but you need to have them to upgrade to rank 4/6/8 weapons).

Just use the cairn blues and epics. You will do fine. Save your favor, if you don't you will regret it later.

By the time you hit rank 6 you will need a lot of favor not just for pvp armor& weapons but for things like synergy crystals, trinket, valor sigil, essence & even runes so I strongly recommend saving your favor for later coz you'll need it badly later on !

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

+ Reply to Thread