+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MM Deadeye shot damage, need Input

Ascendant

Default MM Deadeye shot damage, need Input

I have MOST of my P8 gear, missing some jewelry and the shoulders. Figured I would see what kind of numbers were even possible. My spec is 51 MM/15inf, you can guess where the points are spent.

Best MM Deadeye Shot I saw, self buffed http://imgur.com/yBJxa
    Deadeye Parses, http://imgur.com/FgWaH
    Empowered Parses, http://imgur.com/ymO3S

I have no idea if the dummies even have armor, I don't theorycraft because I don't PvE, but I would assume that normal practice dummies don't have much base armor mitigation. My only goal here is to figure out where people's numbers are coming from in regards to the MM spec.

I have heard (at best) Deadeye doing 4500 on a player with 40%+ valor reduction (Liang). With 0% reduction, even including 0% armor this would be a 7500 deadeye shot. Is this even possible with full raid buffs? I can't imagine getting a deadeye for 3x the amount of damage in this shot on a target with even less mitigation and a 20 man raid with every single buff possible to increase my dps. (no, you can't deadly dance a 300% deadeye shot either if you were considering this).

Assuming 40% reduction from valor, and my highest crit being 2700 we are legitimately looking around 1620 damage from what I can tell--before armor mitigation--on 40% reduction targets?

I don't know much about practice dummies as I mentioned before, but I wanted to try to put this WTF 3K deadeye shot talk to rest if possible. You can see my attack power, you can see my gear, you can see the numbers I hit for on a dummy (so I hope it's not a L2P issue).

If anyone knows of any reasons to get numbers comparative to what people say they have been hit for I really want to know and am open to feedback. I know you will have some more buffs in a warfront, red ball, maybe debuffs on the enemy etc., but this is the best testing I could do to figure out what people would actually be getting hit for.
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-13-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Ascendant

Didn't think of it, but you would get +26% damage and +10% crit damage against players using Inf. Doesn't work on dummies.

Quite easy. Many people get a debuff called "exaggeration"
    It causes damage recieved to be 3x larger, damage output 3x smaller, and causes all heals to heal 3x the hp as well as allowing it to be insta cast.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Quite easy. Many people get a debuff called "exaggeration"
    It causes damage recieved to be 3x larger, damage output 3x smaller, and causes all heals to heal 3x the hp as well as allowing it to be insta cast.
    Exactly what I'm trying to debunk with this, I need a goto thread for when people say WTF MM TOO MUCH DAMAGE.

With the 26% added for infiltrator it comes out to 2041 damage, then +10% crit bonus would be upwards of 2200 damage possibly. If they had 0% armor.

Valor still reduces damage after multipliers afaik sonthat 28% + 10% won't magically undo 38% of the 40% valor
    Meaning that sans valor mm would have to hit like 6k+ with DE.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Valor still reduces damage after multipliers afaik sonthat 28% + 10% won't magically undo 38% of the 40% valor
    Meaning that sans valor mm would have to hit like 6k+ with DE.
    I just want to know if dummies even have armor? Anyone out there (hoko) who may have tested this? Also, what is the expected % reduction for various classes?

Also, forgot vengeance, I'm on a roll, add whatever 135 attack power would do ()
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-13-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Grab an Archon, Bard, Shaman, and Warlord to give it a go, eh?

Heh, my wee R2 guy with blue R1 weapons with a 44 MM/22 Sin build will Deadeye for 1822 off a single shot on a dummy (so depending on the target in PvP, will be much lower)... 2008 if I Assassinate first.

In general though, you have to admit is a world of difference between regular shots and when you IHR the Emp to the Dead...

Have to agree with Eughe on the exaggeration bit that takes place... have to disagree on the Valor thing. The math has never worked for me - you can't reverse it. I do not trust Trion's math in the least...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Grab an Archon, Bard, Shaman, and Warlord to give it a go, eh?

Heh, my wee R2 guy with blue R1 weapons with a 44 MM/22 Sin build will Deadeye for 1822 off a single shot on a dummy (so depending on the target in PvP, will be much lower)... 2008 if I Assassinate first.

In general though, you have to admit is a world of difference between regular shots and when you IHR the Emp to the Dead...

Have to agree with Eughe on the exaggeration bit that takes place... have to disagree on the Valor thing. The math has never worked for me - you can't reverse it. I do not trust Trion's math in the least...
    Archon and bard seem to give similar buffs, bards don't increase DPS terribly...so I don't know much about those. I'd have to see screenshots of your AP/etc. hitting 2008 to believe it with 44mm/22 sin with a blue weapon. You do gain a lot, but there is also the +20% from pedestal you lose.
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-13-2011 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Archon and bard seem to give similar buffs, bards don't increase DPS terribly...so I don't know much about those. I'd have to see screenshots of your AP/etc. hitting 2008 to believe it with 44mm/22 sin with a blue weapon. You do gain a lot, but there is also the +20% from pedestal you lose.
    Bards not only buff, but they debuff. Increase in physical damage taken by the target.

Screenie of the stats page: MM Deadeye shot damage, need Input-2011-09-14_000734.jpg

Screenie of the build: MM Deadeye shot damage, need Input-2011-09-14_000704.jpg

Link to the build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...boz.EhtkqzAudo

I only lose 10% from the Pedestal, but I gain 15% from after using Assassinate from Cloak and Dagger. So it's actually +5% for me. Murderous Intent is giving me +4% physical DMG, Cruel Vengeance is giving me +10%, Magnify Pain is giving me +20% on crit DMG. There is the +5% crit chance from Ruthlessness, and that 20% chance for the +5% from Lethal.

Then there is the standard stuff from MM: +15% SMF, +25% AP from IFP, +15% crit from KI, +21% from ST...

...but again, it's on the target dummy. There is no Valor there...the damage on a player is going to be lower (not just from Valor, they'll likely have more armor mitigation, and are likely to have some other form of damage reduction going on).
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Have to wonder if the dummy had a debuff from somebody else or if I had a buff I was not paying attention to when I got the 2008. Max I had doing a few quick captures was 1888.

Capture1 - MM Deadeye shot damage, need Input-capture1.jpg - max 1888
    Capture2 - MM Deadeye shot damage, need Input-capture2.jpg - max 1828
    Capture3 - MM Deadeye shot damage, need Input-capture3.jpg - max 1838
    Capture4 - MM Deadeye shot damage, need Input-capture4.jpg - max 1888
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Have to wonder if the dummy had a debuff from somebody else or if I had a buff I was not paying attention to when I got the 2008. Max I had doing a few quick captures was 1888.

Capture1 - Attachment 6227 - max 1888
    Capture2 - Attachment 6228 - max 1828
    Capture3 - Attachment 6229 - max 1838
    Capture4 - Attachment 6230 - max 1888
    I'm gonna drop my inf and pick up 22 sin to see what max crits i can get with 44/22, mine were losing a lot of damage from +damage to players only.

I would imagine I could get over 3.2k on a dummy pretty easy if I spec for pure burst, maybe with dark malady and the nightblade damage increases as well.

I noticed that the 2700 I got was my highest, while all my other crits were slightly lower. The parse only shows 3, but it seemed to be hitting for around 2600 every shot before I actually turned on the parser and felt like taking a SS.
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 09-13-2011 at 08:56 PM.

Bout 2200 is Max i've seen i believe from a Marksman at Rank 8.

2200 is nothing to sneeze at though.

Bout how much Cinderburst hits most rank 8 players for on crit.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Heh, went over to the PTS where I have a 45 MM/21 Sin build (same gear) and it does 2324 on the dummy...
    Last edited by VirusDancer; 09-13-2011 at 09:26 PM.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Bout 2200 is Max i've seen i believe from a Marksman at Rank 8.

2200 is nothing to sneeze at though.

Bout how much Cinderburst hits most rank 8 players for on crit.
    That's pretty much what i cap out at against r8's.

51mm/15inf hits ridiculously harder than 44/22.

Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    That's pretty much what i cap out at against r8's.

51mm/15inf hits ridiculously harder than 44/22.
    Don't forget Pedestals going away with 1.5...
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast