+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By LordOberon

Thread: Unbreakable CC

Default Unbreakable CC

So today in Whitefall I noticed someone was hitting me an breakable CC. According to the tooltip it was Snare. And my movement speed was reduced by 70%.

Here's the skills I used to try and break out of it:

On the Double with Getaway - No effect
    Cleanse Soul - No effect
    Break Free - No effect
    Shadow Stalk - No Effect

I noticed this every time I tried to pick up a shard, someone.... and i'm assuming a warrior, would hit me with this debuff, and i'd be a sitting duck. Very annoying that I blew all my cd's, and still was slowed. And this happeed over, and over, and over again.

So yeah, wtf?
    Retired from raiding

Ascendant

Welcome to the bugged ability Earth Burst that warriors have.. snares pretty much anything (including boss mobs in hk).. is unbreakable

Why it hasn't been disabled until it is hotfixed is beyond me (they did it for other classes abilities early on)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Prophet of Telara

Earth Burst, it's what plants crave!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Awsome.....

thanks for the info. I've of course heard of this Eath Burst skill, but have never had it used against me until today. And yeah, that's now 3 whitefall matches today where every time I popped from stealth I am insta slowed, and can't break it until I am dead.
    Retired from raiding

sounds like the warlock spell Wither, I dont believe its dispellable, and TBH nor should it be, its a slow spell not a debuff
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

Prophet of Telara

From what I've seen wither behaves as it should. It was probably Earth Burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Plane Walker

The icon looks like this:
    http://zam.zamimg.com/rift/i/icons/snaretrap1b.jpg

Wither
    30 Meter Range
    3% Mana
    Casting Time: 1.5 Second
    Cooldown: 15.00 Seconds
    Reduces the enemy's movement speed by 70% for 8 seconds.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Earth Burst, it's what plants crave!
    It's got electrolytes!

Oh and mages can still purge unpurgable buffs lol
    Last edited by Valanceer; 09-13-2011 at 05:46 PM.

while everyone is frothing at the mouth in rage that warriors dare be allowed possesion of a bugged ability, i'd like to point out that this is earth bursts second incarnation as a bugged ability.

the previous bug suffered by this ability resulted in the damage component not applying if the target was immune to movement CC for any reason. as a finisher this was cause for concern for the RB warriors at the time (not many of them around then, but some).

it took trion a fairly long time to get around to addressing this bug, but when they did, the ability as you know it today was the result.

as such earth bursts current status is not actualy a bug, but is infact a fix ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    while everyone is frothing at the mouth in rage that warriors dare be allowed possesion of a bugged ability, i'd like to point out that this is earth bursts second incarnation as a bugged ability.

the previous bug suffered by this ability resulted in the damage component not applying if the target was immune to movement CC for any reason. as a finisher this was cause for concern for the RB warriors at the time (not many of them around then, but some).

it took trion a fairly long time to get around to addressing this bug, but when they did, the ability as you know it today was the result.

as such earth bursts current status is not actualy a bug, but is infact a fix ;)
    When they fix Dominator Stuns in 1.5 that suffer the same problem of not applying damage, I hope they fix it the same way!
    Mirason - Lvl 50 R8 Dom/Chloro Mage Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

A fix indeed, they just fixed it a little too good.

Plane Touched

I am pretty sure there is a combat log somewhere that you can inspect so that you can read what hit you when you were snared and avoid people spitting random names to blame this or that class and later call for nerfs.
    Science is built of facts the way a house is built of bricks; but an accumulation of facts is no more science than a pile of bricks is a house.
    - Henri Poincare

They fixed Dusk to Dawn for Nightblades, no reason they can't fix Earth Burst. They have enough ranged tools, no reason for unbreakable roots.
    Shayde@Seastone

+ Reply to Thread