+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Is anyone ever going to address que times?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Default Is anyone ever going to address que times?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So I started on deepstrike and my guild had to move to BryreCliff because of the absolutely terrible que time (had a few as long as 30 min). So to rank in pvp we moved and still horrible que times.

I dont understand how this issue hasn't been addressed or have been fixed yet. I came to this game for the pvp but these que times make it impossible to play and even worse to actually rank in any considerable amount of time.

Instead of taking care of the class QQ'ers why doesn't trion go fix the game mechanic that they hanged their hat on to sell this game.

I usually never post on mmo forums but this is just ridiculous and the forum seems like the only way to be heard.

you're defiant, i assume?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Wow. Where to begin?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrealll View Post
    I came to this game for the pvp
    That was mistake #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrealll View Post
    why doesn't trion go fix the game mechanic that they hanged their hat on to sell this game.
    You mean rifts and invasions?

And finally, regarding the actual point of your post, queue times are going to be high for whatever faction has more players queueing. How would Trion "fix" that? Opening up shards groups? We've seen how that has helped all the DPS since the PvE LFG tool went cross-shard.

Lemme break it down: You want fast queues? Play the smaller PvP population (seems to be Guardian on most servers). You want to win? Premade. Done and done.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Ascendant

If you reroll guardian you would be helping to do exactly what you are asking Trion (another person) to do for you.

It's not Trion's fault, but a problem that you and the rest of the defiants have caused. Stop asking for them to fix things that players do. This is almost as bad as when they blame Trion for dungeon queues, but don't blame players who have tanking classes (~3/4 of the population).
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    If you reroll guardian you would be helping to do exactly what you are asking Trion (another person) to do for you.

It's not Trion's fault, but a problem that you and the rest of the defiants have caused.
    Um it should not matter which faction I select or which shard I reside on. No pvper will stand for 15 minute queue times for warfronts. THIS IS TRION'S PROBLEM AND THEY NEED TO FIX IT. Stop being a blatant apologist. I know pure dps have to wait much longer to run PVE content but that is their issue. If it is too long for them to wait they should cancel their subscription.

Plane Walker

It is nothing to do with being an apologist, its a simple numbers game. 500 defiant queuing for a warfront vs 150 guardians = crappy defiant queue times. I've been considering rerolling guardian myself, but I find it hard to give up on my r8 rogue.

I think perhaps a defiant to guardian faction transfer for like 1 week may balance things out, but short of getting rid of faction separation in warfronts, or creating a FFA style warfront with no factions, there isn't much trion can do.

Ask yourself, would you reroll guardian if it meant faster queue times? If you came for pvp as you stated, faction and story shouldn't really matter to you.

Default OP take responsibility for your own actions

The OP complains that his pvp queue wait time is Trions problem, then goes on to say DPS having to wait for dungeon queues is their problem and If it is too long for them to wait they should cancel their subscription.

OP, you have chosen Defiant and the queue that goes with being the populated side, just as they chose DPS, in your own words;

"If it is too long for them to wait they should cancel their subscription."
    Last edited by Duvain; 09-13-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pizzathief View Post
    Um it should not matter which faction I select or which shard I reside on. No pvper will stand for 15 minute queue times for warfronts. THIS IS TRION'S PROBLEM AND THEY NEED TO FIX IT. Stop being a blatant apologist. I know pure dps have to wait much longer to run PVE content but that is their issue. If it is too long for them to wait they should cancel their subscription.
    It's not Trion's problem, it's yours. I wanted to PvP on the side with lower queue times, so I spent a few minutes researching before starting the game. Even before the game released it was obvious that Defiant was going to way outnumber Guardian. People have given you the solution, you just don't agree with it. You have 3 options:

1. Suck it up and take your 15 minute queues
    2. Reroll Guardian and get near instant queues
    3. Quit

No pvper with half a brain does stand and wait for 15 minute queue times, they do other 'stuff' while they're waiting.

You should try it.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Only way I could see them making them faster would be if they had more dedicated servers running WF maps. I am going to make up numbers but I assume, to try and not let lag be a constant issue, they only allow a box to host so many WF maps or total are only using so many. The amount they use, I would like to think in a perfect world is balanced to what their hardware is supporting. But, to me it's like looking at a bunch of quake servers. If theres 5 servers with 15 slots. People are going to have to wait more. If theres 10 servers...well there you have it. I really don't see them being able to wave any magic wands to make que times faster because the half that is in their control, could be based on server/box capabilities and the other half is dependent on populations/# of people trying to do WFs, which isn't in their control.

They tried merging clusters to probably, but as I said, they are still subject to their pure hardware limitations or the other half that isn't in their control. They are just humans working at a company, they seem to be doing what they can but, there are always strings attached. It's not like 1 guy in the Rift department of the company can just go buy a bunch of new servers and say were opening more WF's. I wouldn't be surprised if some who work with Trion wish they could do that. But spending then comes under scrutiny of those higher in power. It's just hard to really blame any one person, I think for the most part they are trying to do what they can when they see a possible way that might help.

Ooooh, sorry, so close.... See, if there was 8 question marks there coupled with 8 exclamation points, they'd have to answer. With only seven, it just doesn't give the question the sense of angsty urgency that's required for a response.

(edit: so, I found a good thing about getting steamrolled by defiants in the world, routinely outnumbered greatly everywhere... at least I get instapops for warfronts...)
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 09-13-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Rift Disciple

I have to agree with most other posters here, if you want faster times roll on the less populated side, in most cases Guardian. I run Guardian and WF pop very quickly any time of day, even at 3 am est. As was stated it's simple numbers game, not much Trion can do about that if everyones kid brother (or fathers son in my case) runs a Defiant you'll have longer wait times to face the much smaller Guardian population. It's only 6 months give it time and a bunch will reroll Guardian then you'll be on the less populated side ;)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Villaintine View Post
    You mean rifts and invasions?
    wrong. the #1 thing that rift talked about and publicized was the pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Telaran

I disagree 100%. First thing I did was assess which was to "cool" and then created a toon that oposed it. Why because I figure the cool faction will pull in a larger number of players. Not saying guardians aren't cool, but they are dark bad arse characters or dark elves.

I did this because I knew the game had a battleground system like WoW. In turn I've been rewarded with near instant game queues. Yout loss my gain.

This does not need to be fixed. If you don't like queues roll a guardian.

Ascendant

I wonder if SWTOR will have people asking EA to fix the amount of jedi's on the server when people start saying "LFG NO JEDI."

I picked the "noncool" side as well just so I would be outnumbered. Being on the side with all the numbers helps in OPvP games, but not theme parks
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast