+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: TRION- Throw us a bone

Rift Disciple

Default TRION- Throw us a bone

Good afternoon TRION,

First, let me start off by saying that I have been thoroughly enjoying your game (for the most part) since launch. I am one of your many pvpers, and I even run a pvp guild. Now, as you know, you have some pretty tough competition coming out in the likes of GW2, and SWTOR which both seem to have a strong focus on pvp. Now, I think most of your pvp community will agree with me when I say that while a new warfront is great with 1.5, it just doesn’t cut it for us in terms of endgame pvp. I am not rank 8 yet, yet I ask myself what I am going to do once I DO hit rank 8, and have all this great gear. I do not enjoy bashing lower ranked individuals, and world pvp is… Meh at best especially on our current shard.

There just doesn’t seem to be any sense of accomplishment for me as a player or even as a pvp Raid leader when taking my guys out in the world to run PVP Operations. Sure, Order Of The Eye rep is great, but once we are maxed on rep why bother? In a perfect world with perfect balance PVP RIFTS may have drawn some great fights, however with 2 factions, and the server imbalance this produces this is not the case. FAR from it.

As we draw closer, and closer to the betas, and eventual releases of these games among many others is there any way for you to let your community know whether or not you guys plan on TRULY addressing the state of end game pvp in this game? I would love to keep my RIFT subscription active, and I know many of the people in my guild, and possibly the pvp community feel the same, but can you give us a juicier bone to bite on then this new warfront?

This is not a QQ post, and I am not threatening in any way. I just want to know if you have any plans at all to implement some kind of TRUE endgame pvp for those of us who enjoy this aspect of the game. Can you give us SOMETHING to grab onto? Some hope? I don’t care if its 5 patches away can you just give us a “That is being worked on”?

If I missed a post by you answering my post I apologize, but I would greatly appreciate a response from someone who knows where this game is, and where this game is going.

Thanks guys, and keep up the great work !
    Sayvior
    We Are Legend Founder, and GM (Retired)

Well said my friend. /support for this, When you get p8 and all of your factions possible, what is the point? I do love pvp but not being able to have anything to work for is lame imo, not trying to whine really am not, theres a lot about RIFT I love, but I also love to have goals.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Plane Walker

like killing the oposite faction leaders and get a bear mount?

Ascendant

I'm very curious, what do you mean by endgame PvP? Endgame for PvE is easy; you gear up so that you can progress to more challenging encounters. But you can't design people to be more challenging, so what is it that you want to do?

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    I'm very curious, what do you mean by endgame PvP? Endgame for PvE is easy; you gear up so that you can progress to more challenging encounters. But you can't design people to be more challenging, so what is it that you want to do?
    I was about to blast this post for being a troll attempt, but then I realized: the OP doesn't really say what Trion should give us. All the OP says is "thanks for the new WF but you need to do more." The players supporting this position basically agree that progression is what is needed and wanted. That would be great, except that there is already a pretty big gulf situated between R1 and R8. How many will even bother when the gulf becomes 25% larger when R10 is added? The fact there are only two factions was mentioned, which implies there should be at least a third, but this is not likely going to happen in a major patch. Adding a faction is more for an expansion.

Here is a suggestion, and one that could be instituted with relative ease. PvP Dungeons. They create a tab on the LFG tool for PvP dungeons, or a checkbox on the random dungeon tab. Basically, a PvP dungeon would put a 5 man from each faction in the dungeon, with everyone flagged for PvP. Guardians and Defiants can either work together, or beat the crap out of each other for control of the dungeon. The existing dungeons could easily be used for this. And the best part is, this could be made available to all levels, wouldn't have to be just "endgame" content.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelon View Post
    I was about to blast this post for being a troll attempt, but then I realized: the OP doesn't really say what Trion should give us. All the OP says is "thanks for the new WF but you need to do more." The players supporting this position basically agree that progression is what is needed and wanted. That would be great, except that there is already a pretty big gulf situated between R1 and R8. How many will even bother when the gulf becomes 25% larger when R10 is added? The fact there are only two factions was mentioned, which implies there should be at least a third, but this is not likely going to happen in a major patch. Adding a faction is more for an expansion.

Here is a suggestion, and one that could be instituted with relative ease. PvP Dungeons. They create a tab on the LFG tool for PvP dungeons, or a checkbox on the random dungeon tab. Basically, a PvP dungeon would put a 5 man from each faction in the dungeon, with everyone flagged for PvP. Guardians and Defiants can either work together, or beat the crap out of each other for control of the dungeon. The existing dungeons could easily be used for this. And the best part is, this could be made available to all levels, wouldn't have to be just "endgame" content.

My apologies my friends, I should have given some insight as to some of the things that could help our pvp situation. For one, I believe a world pvp zone where there are objectives to be fought over, held, captured etc to be a good start. Maybe allow for guilds to build a temporary guild fortress in the zone indicating they are ready for some pvp, and members of the opposing faction can attempt to siege these. Imagine 20 guilds defiant, and 20 for guardian going at it on a wide scale zone map where strategy has to be used factionwide. Do you attack the powerhouse guild you KNOW has 30 guys guarding it or do you use guerilla tactics against the smaller keeps. You can build on this immensely.

Another would be a place where guilds regardless of faction could show their skill in an arena type environment with different ladders. Say 5v5, 10v10, and 20v20. This would give guilds both small, and large in nature an opportunity to compete in a more structured environment with prizes and such. In this situation there would be no defiant against Guardian it would be guild versus guild. As a GM I can vouch for the fact that I wouldnt mind pitting members of my guild against other fellow Guardians for bragging rights, and with the faction imbalances this could help alleviate the issue.

On pvp shards Remove the LFG feature altogether, and force people to run to the dungeon instances. If you joined a pvp shard you should face the consequences of this, and have to "fight your way to your dungeon"! To avoid people camping the most popular dungeons make it to where each dungeon can be accessed through a portal. If you make it to a portal anywhere in the world you can then and ONLY then access the LFG feature. This would create an interesting dynamic, and encourage more pvp in the world.

In addition to this, give small scale buffs, or experience rewards to the faction that controls a zone. RIFT has an amazing foundation from which to work, and it saddens me that they have not yet expanded upon this. Use the wardstones for example.

These are just a FEW things I can think of off the top of my head, and I am no game developer. I truly believe TRION has some great thinkers, and innovative tinkerers. Regardless if this game was meant to be a PVE THEN PVP game you should have ample endgame content to meet both sets of players, and right now we dont.
    Last edited by Jincks; 09-13-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    Sayvior

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jincks View Post
    In addition to this, give small scale buffs, or experience rewards to the faction that controls a zone. RIFT has an amazing foundation from which to work, and it saddens me that they have not yet expanded upon this. Use the wardstones for example.
    Not trying to knock you down, but this sort of thing is always exploited. Look at the PvP rift fiasco.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelon View Post
    Not trying to knock you down, but this sort of thing is always exploited. Look at the PvP rift fiasco.
    Agreed with you there lol. Still though, I think the other suggestions have at least SOME merit, and Im sure TRION can think of even better ones. PVPers have invested alot of time to get to the top of their respective food chains, and all we want... ALL we want is something to work for once we go from sheep to wolf!

Meehhhhhhh!
    Sayvior

Plane Touched

Just so you know, once you hit the "max" rank, get all your shinies in GW2 and SWTOR you're going to post exactly the same thing.

/thread

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvat View Post
    Just so you know, once you hit the "max" rank, get all your shinies in GW2 and SWTOR you're going to post exactly the same thing.

/thread
    Not quite that easy as /thread.

Guild Wars 1 is how old? And it STILL has a very strong PvP community going on in it. It was simply the very best PvP experience in a MMO ever created and every other game could learn a lot from it.

I really miss a few features from GW. Such as a tournament mode for glory and nice loot. Or the guild vs. guild ladder mode that let roughly equally strong guilds match against each other. Or the faction war where we could move an actual frontline on the map by winning games.

The Warfronts are fun and I love them for being casual and that I can participate in them despite I am neither a hardcore PvPer nor in a PvP guild. But PvE and PvP have one thing in common - its biggest enemy is boredom, so every new feature is welcome.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvat View Post

/thread
    Correct me if Im wrong, but GW2 will have a structured pvp format to include guild rankings. Have you actually researched the game?
    Sayvior

Plane Touched

Correct me if Im wrong, but GW2 will have a structured pvp format to include guild rankings. Have you actually researched the game?
    Have you thought about what will happen once you get way up there? Will you ask the exact same question(s)?

Rift Disciple

It is not my intention to have this thread thrown into a game versus game debate. I am only asking for TRION to give me, as a pvper a decent level of commitment so that I can enjoy this game for years to come.
    Sayvior

How about fixing the que times to that would help so we can get into WF's

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Azrealll View Post
    How about fixing the que times to that would help so we can get into WF's
    Can get into WF's instantly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast