+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cleric/Rogue Pets Get Valor Stat, Mage/Warrior Pets do not

Default Cleric/Rogue Pets Get Valor Stat, Mage/Warrior Pets do not

Does anyone know why this is.

Tested this on test server, But Cleric/Rogue Pets will get their owners Valor (Vengeance as well) but Mage/Warriors Pets don't for some reason.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Prophet of Telara

Because Trion hates Mages and Warriors, clearly. Quick, let's all make QQ threads so that Daglan guy or whatever can try and tell us it's a bug of some sort and we'll insist he's trolling us! We'll make Zyzyx look like a wuss compared to our epic tears!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Champion

Gotta ask? Are cleric, mage, and warrior pets even worthwhile in pvp? Because I know rogue pets currently aren't. Not sure why it matters.
    Last edited by Reiz; 09-13-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Yes they are. Druids and Necromancer rely heavily off thier pets in PvP, im not sure about the others since those are the only two pet Souls i've played.

Anyway maybe the valor stat to Mage and Warrior pets are currently buged on ptr atm.
    Necromancer till the day i die!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanirenicus View Post
    Yes they are. Druids and Necromancer rely heavily off thier pets in PvP, im not sure about the others since those are the only two pet Souls i've played.

Anyway maybe the valor stat to Mage and Warrior pets are currently buged on ptr atm.
    Valor is not currently working on the Necromancer pets on Live, i do not know if Warriors are the same.

But yea, Rogue/Cleric pets do get Valor, Mage/Warrior Pets currently do not.

I think necro is more reliant on the pet then any other pet class, but I'm sure its a bug because vengeance should be affecting the pet as well
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    Gotta ask? Are cleric, mage, and warrior pets even worthwhile in pvp? Because I know rogue pets currently aren't. Not sure why it matters.
    Rogue pets help me out a lot. As soon as I see one, I go kill the owner.. easy kill, and they really can't do anything about it.

If that's confirmed, it really needs to be fixed.

Yeap, it's confirmed, Half the callings in the game currently don't get Valor on their pets while the other half does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedds View Post
    Rogue pets help me out a lot. As soon as I see one, I go kill the owner.. easy kill, and they really can't do anything about it.
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Tracked down the problem with Mage/Warrior pets, as well as a few non-controllable pets available to Clerics and Rogues that were missing inherited Valor. The fix should go out to live servers in the near future.

Additionally, Vengeance not properly applying to pets is also on our radar.

Soulwalker

PvP in this game is not good at all 2 more weeks and i leave the game only ranger in warfront

Banned

Druids rely most on their pet as it will make up over 40% of their damage. However if the pet dies its pretty much game over. There is nothing really decent in the druid tree for PvP and I have not seen 1 druid in pvp after hitting 50. They are not a common see in PvP nor is it really effective.

The mage/warriors pets not getting valor is most likely a bug.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Tracked down the problem with Mage/Warrior pets, as well as a few non-controllable pets available to Clerics and Rogues that were missing inherited Valor. The fix should go out to live servers in the near future.

Additionally, Vengeance not properly applying to pets is also on our radar.
    Is there any word on Bloodthirsty proccing on killing pets. Is this intended or a bug?
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Chaser

Those druid pets actually pack a decent punch... despite the fact that it was on me, I was actually quite pleased to see a pet not being utterly useless in PVP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast