+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Please don't fracture our war fronts

Telaran

Default Please don't fracture our war fronts

(sorry for the wall of text)
    Please dont fragment the warfronts into multiple tiers. The reason behind a multi-tiered system is the possible frustration lower rank players feel in matches. Fragmenting the pkayer base in this way will cause longer queue times and will some of the very ineresting interactions between high and low rank pkayers which i think are inetgral parts of a pvp experience.
    I'm saying this from the perspective of a low rank player. I just ding'd rank 3 yesterday, and overall i must say i have had a very experience in warfronts. Sure, if i stray away from groups i'm toast, thats just the mire reason for me to stay a part of the group and contribute to the win. Overall i would say we win as many as we lose, and this may be anomalous to my wargroup and not a common experience among all wargroups. im ranking up slowly and im enjoying it immensely as it is.
    The root cause of some low rank frustration might be the perception that they are being picked on by the higher ranks. If this proves to be the case there are several ways of addressing it. Im going to mention two that i can think of off hand:
    1. Balance the groups by buffing the groups that have more lower ranks. This certainly will make the matches more challenging, and will reduce the occasions where one faction is pushed to the spawn ara and bottled up there and then farmed for favor. i think this approach is also a backhanded way of slapping down the high ranks who have spent time and effort in the fronts to gear up. As a high rank you'd like to get a sense of high raw power against lower ranks,
    which this approach throws away completely.
    2. provide further incentive for lower rank players. In otherwords if a lower rank player is pwnd by a high rank player award the lower player favor/prestige for trying (and failing) to take on a high rank player. Dont change the rewards from a high rank player's side just reward the low rank player. This would lower the lower rank's feelings of resentment and would certainly give them an incentive to come down from the spawn area and engage the fray. The closer the ranks, the less this reward would be and it would disppear if the players have the same rank. It is an interesting way of incentivising the low rank players to engage the combat.

At any rate, I am pretty happy with the way things are right now. If the system needs to be changed take one or both of these approaches, or come up with an alternative one, but dont fracture the player base. I'm intersted in reading how you guys feel about it both high and low ranks.

They already said they wont break up PvP into tiers because of que times and something else I cant remember. Its on one of the patch notes / hot fix announcements on forums.

Thats why we got the valour hot fix.

We all know the real reason is because not enough people PvP.
    No need for another thread, they said they wont do it.
    Last edited by CoreSyntax; 09-13-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Treks View Post
    (sorry for the wall of text)
    Fragmenting the pkayer base in this way will cause longer queue times and will some of the very ineresting interactions between high and low rank pkayers which i think are inetgral parts of a pvp experience.
    I find it amazing that no one has figured out that the likely cause of longer queue times is the current state of PvP. Casual PvP players are not interested in the current roflstomp. New Level 50 PvP players are becoming increasingly hesitant to start the increasingly longer grind of becoming competitive.

And what exactly is the "very interesting interactions between high and low rank players"? You enjoy killing other players in a 2 or 3 hits? What is interesting about that? If you are someone who really enjoys PvP, you would be enjoying a good challenge, not a cake walk of low rank players.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I find it amazing that no one has figured out that the likely cause of longer queue times is the current state of PvP. Casual PvP players are not interested in the current roflstomp. New Level 50 PvP players are becoming increasingly hesitant to start the increasingly longer grind of becoming competitive.

And what exactly is the "very interesting interactions between high and low rank players"? You enjoy killing other players in a 2 or 3 hits? What is interesting about that? If you are someone who really enjoys PvP, you would be enjoying a good challenge, not a cake walk of low rank players.
    He's rank 3, he won't be cake walking any time soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

i have a r4 cleric healbot for me on occasion and she doesn't die much. if they segregate queues she will be forced to play with the tab-target keyboard turners instead of with me. L2play imo.

And what is this cake walk you speak of? Based on the forums I must be the only one who joins WFs where the majority of players are R4+ because every QQ thread you read makes it seem like it's all R1/2 matches vs r8 premades lol.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 09-13-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Since the warfronts seem to be full of mostly R1-R4 players right now, they must have missed the memo that low ranks can't have fun in warfronts.

+ Reply to Thread