+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Proposal: Killing higher rank = more Valor/Prestige

Default Proposal: Killing higher rank = more Valor/Prestige

I believe that in the current RIFT PvP system, killing all ranks yeilds the same valor/prestige. This rewards higher ranked players for killing low ranks and gives low ranks no incentive to take on high ranked players. Gear disparity is a significant issue in rift but dividing the warfronts by rank is not the answer, that would punish high ranks for achieving their higher ranks and getting better gear.

We have a number of issues in RIFT PvP:

1. Gear disparity that leads to facerolling domination of lower ranks by higher ranks.
    2. Premade imbalance (weak premades being matched against strong).
    3. The perception of unfairness or not having a level playing field for low ranks or fresh 50s.
    4. High ranks actively hunting and ganking low ranks.

Proposed Solutions:

1. Balance valor (already been done, R2 gets 801 valor on R2 gear).
    2 Segragate WFs by rank (good for low ranks, bad for high ranks, punishes high ranks for being high rank and longer queue times for high ranks).
    3. Give everyone the same gear/stats (effectively kills RIFT pvp progression).

None of those solutions seems good or fair to me. Yes, we should be fair to the low ranks but lets not screw the high ranks for being high ranked. What is the answer?

My proposal:

1. Killing higher ranks yields in increased amounts of valor and prestige based on rank.
    2. Reward those who get the most kills from the highest ranks with special items (mounts, weapons, buffs), achievements and titles.
    3. PvP quests based not just on kills but on killing certain ranks.

This proposal solves a number of problems in RIFT PvP:

1. High ranks have less incentive to hunt lower ranks.
    2. Gives higher ranks incentive to hunt each other.
    3. Gives low ranks incentive to hunt higher ranks or to band together to hunt them.

I had a high pvp rank in wow classic. My rank made me worth more honor points if killed. At times, I got "zerged" or was hunted because of my rank. This made me a better player because I was proud of the fact that I could take on multiple enemies, win and defend my rank and prove that I had earned it. My higher rank was not a disadvantage but a badge of honor. I also actively hunted other high ranked players because I knew that killing them gave better rewards and it produced some great rivalries between me and them.

I think that the RIFT warfronts and world pvp need a similar system where higher killing higher ranks gives greater rewards for both the lower and higher ranks.

Make it so Trion!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    I believe that in the current RIFT PvP system, killing all ranks yeilds the same valor/prestige. This rewards higher ranked players for killing low ranks and gives low ranks no incentive to take on high ranked players. Gear disparity is a significant issue in rift but dividing the warfronts by rank is not the answer, that would punish high ranks for achieving their higher ranks and getting better gear.

1. Gear disparity that leads to facerolling domination of lower ranks by higher ranks.
    3. The perception of unfairness or not having a level playing field for low ranks or fresh 50s.

Proposed Solutions:

2 Segragate WFs by rank (good for low ranks, bad for high ranks, punishes high ranks for being high rank and longer queue times for high ranks).

None of those solutions seems good or fair to me. Yes, we should be fair to the low ranks but lets not screw the high ranks for being high ranked. What is the answer?

My proposal:

1. Killing higher ranks yields in increased amounts of valor and prestige based on rank.
    2. Reward those who get the most kills from the highest ranks with special items (mounts, weapons, buffs), achievements and titles.

3. Gives low ranks incentive to hunt higher ranks or to band together to hunt them.

I had a high pvp rank in wow classic. My rank made me worth more honor points if killed. At times, I got "zerged" or was hunted because of my rank. This made me a better player because I was proud of the fact that I could take on multiple enemies, win and defend my rank and prove that I had earned it. My higher rank was not a disadvantage but a badge of honor. I also actively hunted other high ranked players because I knew that killing them gave better rewards and it produced some great rivalries between me and them.

I think that the RIFT warfronts and world pvp need a similar system where higher killing higher ranks gives greater rewards for both the lower and higher ranks.

Make it so Trion!
    Coming from a R8, sounds good to me.
    Last edited by kdps; 09-13-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    Riffy@Seastone

Also would throw in that the more people you kill with out dying would increase the reward to someone that killed you.

i use the R2 title so people think they got globaled by a newb

I would not be opposed to higher rank players granting more prestige/favor when killed.

All of your other ideas though are bad. It's hard enough finding 25 players to kill without ganking sub-50s or people in towns (both of which are lame but you have to because there just aren't people around), so trying to find players of a certain rank on top of trying to find any players at all is definitely bad.

And while I'm all for non-progression rewards, I don't think they should be tied to kills, but instead warfront victories.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    I would not be opposed to higher rank players granting more prestige/favor when killed.

All of your other ideas though are bad. It's hard enough finding 25 players to kill without ganking sub-50s or people in towns (both of which are lame but you have to because there just aren't people around), so trying to find players of a certain rank on top of trying to find any players at all is definitely bad.

And while I'm all for non-progression rewards, I don't think they should be tied to kills, but instead warfront victories.
    Trying to find 25 R6+ for example, would be a bit excessive but 5 would be more attainable.

Plane Touched

Sure, I should be worth at least 500 prestige and favor, if a P2 kills me solo ;p

Killing blows can be kinda RNG in warfronts but I'm still fine with the idea.

It already takes me forever to complete Disrupting Guardian Operations, so I'm opposed to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post

Proposed Solutions:

My proposal:

Make it so Trion!

i came up with this idea aages ago and kept implying about the idea to be implamented as follows prest and favor gains per kill should be as follows

when you hit lvl 50 prestige/favor

rank 1 15/10
    rank 2 20/15
    rank 3 25/20
    rank 4 30/25
    rank 5 35/30
    rank 6 40/35
    rank 7 45/40
    rank 8 50/45

it will give higher ranks more insentive to attack the higer ranked players as they give more of a bonus reward than the lower ranked players

this one one of my many idea's i 1st thaught of to help fix pvp but no one seems to be listening to them aand indtead you get the crap that is now.

Soulwalker

i agree with killing higher ranks gives better favor and prestige..but i dont agree on getting good items for killing them...e.g items, mounts, etc...

r8s never gonna get those items then...since they're strictly only for lower ranks...

unless u mean r8s killing other r8s and able to get the same items as well
    Last edited by giapwaye; 09-13-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Soulwalker

+1
    Love the idea.

The only problem I could see with the proposal was
    On active shards this would be great and I'm all for it... But for the shards, like the one I play at, where killing 25 Guardians (no matter what rank they are) can take up to 3 days to complete.

Our shard is heavily Defiant favored in population making Guardians really rare :/

I can't think of anything glaringly wrong with the concept. At least not with the increased valor/prestige part, anyway.

Prophet of Telara

How would this work in Warfronts? Currently everyone gets the same for a kill. Even when afk at the spawn. So would this extra favor only kick in when a low rank participates in the kill, snipes the killing blow or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

I think the idea is good, it would also be cool if they could attach more money to higher rank players as well.

Currently its like 4g per body. It would be cool if they upped it to at least 50g, and that 50g could drop off of a rank 8 player as well as a higher chance for let us say a Fluffy drop.

Just to add to his original idea.
    <Retired>

How would this work for healers? Other than the occasional lolwaterjet kill I'm not swimming in KBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeezha View Post
    How would this work for healers? Other than the occasional lolwaterjet kill I'm not swimming in KBs.
    I hate to use wow as an example but wow classic's rated BGs were actually pretty cool until the honor farming services came.

The way it works is this, if you had a hand in a kill whether through healing, buffing, debuffing or damage, you get credit for that kill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast