+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Proposal: Killing higher rank = more Valor/Prestige

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by blackweb View Post
    Agreed. I dont see a downside to this proposal and it has the support of R8s. I see too many proposals to fix pvp that amount helping low ranks by screwing high ranks. It would be good to get a response from Trion on this idea.
    I also don't see any negative from this, and I'm sure it's been noticed. Give Trion time, just don't expect any changes for a few weeks :]
    Riffy@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by kdps View Post
    I also don't see any negative from this, and I'm sure it's been noticed. Give Trion time, just don't expect any changes for a few weeks :]
    /bumpitybump

/bumpitybump

Plane Touched

I would like this idea 6 months ago when I wasn't R8
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Hold the presses, we have a valid post. Call the commissioner with this suggestion.

God enough of the valor / vengeance suggestions already. It was never broken! The solution is to just separate Prestige level to have a more sense of PvP balance in the WF. I recommend we have P1-4 que in the WF then have P5-8 que in the WF.
    Last edited by Oblivion333; 09-19-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    God enough of the valor / vengeance suggestions already. It was never broken! The solution is to just separate Prestige level to have a more sense of PvP balance in the WF. I recommend we have P1-4 que in the WF then have P5-8 que in the WF.
    So the system isn't broken, yet in the same breathe, you ask for separate queues.

Riiiight.

I don't know when people will start to realize that separating queues is something that will not work for this game. Even if the viability was argued 100% in favor of the idea, the population is simply not high enough. End of story.

But judging by the tone of your response, I'm guessing you didn't even read the idea of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    I would like this idea 6 months ago when I wasn't R8
    I dont think this proposal would have a negative effect on high ranks. I think it would make pvp more challenging and fun for them. I have also suggested additional rewards for R8s after they reach max pvp rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    This is a bad idea. Why punish high ranks with longer queues for achieving high rank?

Qia

This is a bad idea. Why punish high ranks with longer queues for achieving high rank?
    They need to make battlegroups bigger and introduce Rank separation from Rank 1-5 and Rank 6-8. This will result in better gameplay for everyone.
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    Hold the presses, we have a valid post. Call the commissioner with this suggestion.
    I could turn this into a QQ thread if you want me to

wait...

But who says the higher ranks would automatically have longer queues?

Should they get around to increasing the size of the shard pools from which PvP groups are formed it may well turn out the queue times are not longer, maybe they'll be shorter, who knows?
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    They need to make battlegroups bigger and introduce Rank separation from Rank 1-5 and Rank 6-8. This will result in better gameplay for everyone.
    No, it will result in long queues for high ranks. Many will just stop doing pvp at R6 or just ragequit if WF queues are segragated.

How many R6+ would quit the game if you had long WF queues?

Quote Originally Posted by Aastarius View Post
    But who says the higher ranks would automatically have longer queues?

Should they get around to increasing the size of the shard pools from which PvP groups are formed it may well turn out the queue times are not longer, maybe they'll be shorter, who knows?
    I havent seen the numbers but my guess is that R6+ represents a small portion of the pvp player base, maybe 20% or less. I think that a lot of R6+ would quit rather than submit to being punished for being high ranked.

My prediction is that segragated WF queues would lead to a mass exodous of R6+ from the game.
    Last edited by blackweb; 09-20-2011 at 05:08 AM.

I would like to see items such as

Companions
    Mounts
    Wardrobe Gear
    Titles
    Achievements
    One of a kind "legendary" items such as Trinkets, Sigils and Crystals with Vengeance.

for killing high ranked enemies.

A title like "Colonel Slayer".
    Really like your ideas. In my opine, the item rewards you suggested are too much. The rewards should, instead, be consumables like heal pots, mana pots, 10 sec buff tonics that can be used only when flagged for PvP.
    A computer once beat me at chess but it sure couldn't beat me at kick boxing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast