+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Can we split WF's up based on pvp rank please?

Plane Touched

Default Can we split WF's up based on pvp rank please?

I think it would be a lot nicer if we could split the WF's up based on pvp rank. Let the experienced/geared pvp players play together and those with less experience/gear play together. I think this would resolve a lot of issues.

As a new lvl 50 it sucks rotten donkey balls to be continuously be ganked by people who simply out gear you. At that point skill and class have little to do with it. The only people who enjoy that are those who get to do the ganking. And for them, where is the challenge?

This has been discussed to death already. This is the reason why the rank 1 / rank 2 PvP set now has the same amount of valor as the rank 7 / rank 8 PvP set.

My advice. Once you get your rank 1 / rank 2 pvp set (this does NOT take very long), go some type of support build until you can get your hands on rank 5 / rank 6 gear. Now you can DPS if you want, or remain support.

Splitting up ranks would just cause higher wait times on the queues, and nobody would enjoy that.

Rift Chaser

No No No and NO.

This will ruin the PvP experience for everyone who is higher ranked and not because they will be fighting equally geared players but because of the que times.

If this was a simple fix to the PvP issue it would have been done already.

Take your lickings like everyone else and deal with it. My mage just hit prestige 2 and yes it sucks but I'm slowly getting geared and it's becoming not so bad.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nekonix View Post
    I think it would be a lot nicer if we could split the WF's up based on pvp rank. Let the experienced/geared pvp players play together and those with less experience/gear play together. I think this would resolve a lot of issues.

As a new lvl 50 it sucks rotten donkey balls to be continuously be ganked by people who simply out gear you. At that point skill and class have little to do with it. The only people who enjoy that are those who get to do the ganking. And for them, where is the challenge?
    I have posted for them to break out the ranks over 5 times already.
    I already have plans to cancel my sub soon, as a lot of good games are being released within the next few months.
    Although I did have some fun in the game I would sum up playing Rift as "Frustrating" at best.

Plane Touched

Que times can be fixed by merging them with more servers to increase the pool size. Mixing uber geared players with under geared players is just dumb. The only people who like it are people who want easy kills.

There have been cries regarding queue times since day one. I remember before the free server transfers that there were far more arguments about queue times- imo if the ranks were ever segregated then the worst that would happen is players would wind up figuring out which shard groups have the fastest queues for whatever rank and flock to it.

They've already given players the ability to sort out the queue times in the event of rank segregation, however there will always be nitpickers crying about having to leave their server for faster queue times. Choices have consequences.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Plane Touched

you had the option not go in warfront or pvp!

splitting the ranks up would defeat the purpose of getting a higher rank. It would never give you an advantage, since your opponents would get stronger just as much you.

Thumbs down well i know 1 thing

well here is another thread started by someone who got ganked thinking "I'm lvl 50 iI have some expert gear, I should do fine in pvp"
    Level a toon from 10-50 via warfronts then try and post here....
    plain and simple do not wait until 50 to run warfronts get in asap and learn the class....
    IMHO

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Cool hehe

by the way, wheres the unlike button for his post

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

while i still think they need to split the ranks for warfronts to be enjoyable i dont think its going to happen so warfronts at 50 will always suck.. they need to add some other form of PVP(pvp rifts just plain suck IMHO). They need some sort of arena.. i know its going to be a balance nightmare but to keep PVP players playing they need some sort of tiered arena system.
    Warfronts need segregation of the Tiers. 1-5 and 6-8 or pre-50 pvp will be the most enjoyable PVP in the game.
    Run and Gun My *Boomstick* MM PVP Guide
    The Night Bomber PVP Spec + Rogue PVP Guide Compilation
    Blood and Fire Sin/NB PVP Guide

I think eventually they'll find a way to split high and low ranking players even if it's not necessarily by rank per se (perhaps limiting to a certain stat ceiling). Once that comes around I may re-sub as I like MMO combat as a change from FPS combat every now and again. Unfortunately I don't see the point in paying a subscription to get curbstomped for 6 ranks before I start to be useful (aside from taunting players away from strategic points).

Not saying the sub is too high, because it's very menial even on a relatively tight budget- just saying it's not even worth that much for the grind.
    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    Take your lickings like everyone else and deal with it.
    So you believe that players new to the game that may or may not be actually good at pvp should be, and this is the key word, punished for wanting to pvp?

It's players like you that kill games and game communities.

Shadowlander

Split wf with pvp rank--------------> more time on queue.

NO.
    Server : Zaviel EU
    Guild: ZAT (Zerg Annihilation Team)
    Shenny Mage
    Shennyx Cleric

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ympulse View Post
    So you believe that players new to the game that may or may not be actually good at pvp should be, and this is the key word, punished for wanting to pvp?
    They already start with close to max valor which was GREAT for the game. The rest of it is just normal progression ...if we took away pvp gear all together, then people would be whining about OP raid gear differences instead.
    Irony - Pathiss

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast