+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Single Most Hated Part of PvP

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mlaar View Post
    You do realize that by posting this you are opening the way for:

1. all other classes to be buffed up to the extent you cant keep up with healing
    2. For clerics to have thier DPS and heals nerfed to oblivion

which one do you think is more likely to happen...

sometimes its worth not typing something as it will only encourage trolls to come feeding
    Except that he was probably calling people bad not saying clerics are OP.

Contrary to what you seem to be claiming, someones ability to play the game is usually a factor in how much damage they do.

That warrior root that never seems to end, we all know the one.

More so than that, the single more infuriating part about PVP is having a derp on your team run past you(or better yet, stand there and watch) while you're being engaged by more than one person only to come in after you've done most of the work and kill them. Sucks even worse when they only start to beat on them after you die and then he gets worked over. Frustrated just thinking about it.

Soulwalker

Unhappy

The ques

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    Except that he was probably calling people bad not saying clerics are OP.

Contrary to what you seem to be claiming, someones ability to play the game is usually a factor in how much damage they do.
    Hmmm its a toughie I mean at start of a warfront I focus pure dps as a marksman and with good support I dish out a hefty amount when bursting but once thats down im left with inflicting minimal damage not a whole lot i can do to improve on that atm.
    If we are suffering I switch to eradicate spec and start removing buffs from the enemies the dps are focused upon that kills my dps output as I am now essentially full support since unlike my clusters team the enemy are buffed to the nines!!

But as much respect as I hold for Byona and rest of these clerics being called bad because I cant stand around healing myself & others whilst dishing decent damage is out of order, It took a while learning my class to the point I can now come 1st 2nd on KB's in majority of warfronts and around 5th in dps but seriously at this point in time as I rogue I cannont do the dps they deem is required.

At the end of the day for majority of warfronts all I know is I am running around with my two weapon buffs keeping behind the team mostly killing stuff and doing my job, backing off when Im focused because if you ever notice my warfront heals taken Im certainly not getting many of them..

(To the clerics / chloro's that do throw me heals yes you know who you are... You guys rock my world)
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

When Fluffy drops, I roll poorly...every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Horsesock View Post
    When Fluffy drops, I roll poorly...every time.

The way I see it...Your not rolling poorly.. everyone else is using loaded dice
    Last edited by Mlaar; 09-13-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Quote Originally Posted by Mlaar View Post
    The way I see it...Your not rolling poorly.. everyone else is using loaded dice
    Sounds like a Game Breaking Exploit!!!

I must open a ticket.

Clicking on a need or greed for items in warfronts. Seriously it is a freeking warfront who is not going to select the top option. Just automate the stuff like on Rifts if you must have some interaction.

As much as I despise the bugs, the Premade garbage this morning has seriously tested my nerves...

...still, like I said previously - it would still be the bugs. Because honestly, if not for the Premades exploiting those bugs - even they would not be as bad as they are...

...c'mon, Trion - bring in a QA department, do some code reviews, get that crap straightened out already.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I really enjoy the PVP, that's my disclaimer to the following *****-fest:
    The AOE spells getting spammed on the fang of regulos. Just over and over and over and I watch helplessly as that stupid little bar fills aaaaalmost to the top then interrupted times infinity. I would attack the caster but suddenly my screen is flooded with dozens of blinding graphics.
    The healing wall. 4 healers all healing the **** out of each other right in front of the objective.
    Sore winners. It's not enough that they won, they gotta rub it in good and hard like a true gentleman.
    Duelists with no interest in team play
    I'm outta steam, but this felt good.
    "The essence of snobbery is enjoying what separates mankind rather than what brings us together."
    Defiant: Manxus, Arcadax
    Guardian: Arcadius

Rift Disciple

1. Popping on a back line healer, taking them down to 25% health by popping all my cooldowns only to have them just full heal with 1 spell crit and then slowly kill me with water jet because i have ZERO self healing
    2. Random AoEs that break my AoE CC while i try to kill squishies in the back line
    3. Leading BGs in healing on my bard by a large margin because all the clerics want to dps
    4. Being yelled at for not going to Codex because I play a melee stealther rogue that doesnt do well in zerg on zerg combat
    5. DR in general

Default O boy

Waiting in Que!!!

Not being able to group with 3+.. Dumb

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    For me its losing because the other side had more healing. Every other reason to lose falls below that.

What is your single most hated thing about PvP?
    Yes. Its annoying that pvp is 100% about healing.

At rank 8, mages and clerics dominate completely, immortal as they are with their various self-healing specs.

Hopefully, 1.5 can change that.

or, they could just remove valour. That would work.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Timmy marks Bob, because Bob healed Joe. Timmy spends the rest of the fight 'elsewhere'... in the interim, Bob has gone tankybait while Joe is healing. The team is continuing to try to kill the marked guy...

...without trying to think on their own, pay attention on their own, etc.

People need to develop situational awareness. If they just blindly attack the marked guy, it is even worse than if there was no marked guy. Without the marked guy, they may have attacked the wrong person - with the wrong person marked, they're guaranteed to be attacking the wrong person.
    and this is why the people who mark need to occasionally check the stats again and see who is top. You have obviously never marked, if you just run in, see a heal and mark it..........

Leader opens WF stat box

Leader waits about 15 seconds.

Leader goes to Guardian tab and prioritizes by healing done

Leader type in /target guyhealingthemost

Leader does this over and over, top 5-8 healers, or all of them if there arent that many, and checks every minute or so and remarks as necessary.

So......don't talk about stuff if you have no idea what you're talking about. Epic fail

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
    or, they could just remove valour. That would work.
    Yeah, bring on the 8k Lightning Bursts!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast