+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: My take on the rogue changes and what we'll see

Default My take on the rogue changes and what we'll see

My best way to explain is through analogy. We know that analogies are flawed, but my best description is this:

For many months we have a developed a scenario where it felt at times, between equally geared opponents, that a rogue was fighting with a fork. What happened is that the rogue forums filled with people concerned about having to fight with a fork against opponents with swords (warriors) and armor (clerics/mages).

We learned to kill with forks. Many of us never complained, and showed that you could kill very effectively with a fork. We instructed each other and fined tuned our craft. We became very good at doing more with less. Some of us became outright deadly with forks. Some focused on using their forks to expose enemy weaknesses by prying off some armor. Some used their forks to support our own sword and armor people. A rare few could take out large groups with their forks. Some struggled fiercely and gave up their fork wielders for another class.

What is about to happen, is that these incredibly talented individuals, who can dismantle armies with forks, will now be given lightsabers.

Personally, I am very excited.
    Last edited by Virchow; 09-08-2011 at 11:01 AM.

Ascendant

I hear Vin Diesel plays a rogue and kills people with teacups.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Default My hats off to you man.

Got to love this analogy. to Virchow.

Defiant Jedi in waiting, Anathemus.
    See you guys in hell

Rift Chaser

Don't kid yourself, there will still be a bunch of terrible rogues trying to ride the fotm gravy train.

Rift Disciple

If Rogues get just a little buff, other classes will get butthurt bad.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    ^^THIS = WIN lol

Rogues won't be happy until they can chain stun and DPS the target down without even getting hit. I love the fact that Rogues think that they should be able to just walk up to any other class and just kill them. You have stealth for a reason. Rogues are supposed to be opportunist killers, not great white sharks that just kill at will. Don't worry though Rogues, you will get your way soon enough and even the most scrub or scrub Rogues will get plenty of kills.

Default pff

Get thee hence Drude. Can't you see this post is about rogues celebrating our ability to actually compete. Geetee efoh with your sarcasm and hateful failitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    I loved that movie Ridd ick lol
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 09-08-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    Rogues won't be happy until they can chain stun and DPS the target down without even getting hit. I love the fact that Rogues think that they should be able to just walk up to any other class and just kill them. You have stealth for a reason. Rogues are supposed to be opportunist killers, not great white sharks that just kill at will. Don't worry though Rogues, you will get your way soon enough and even the most scrub or scrub Rogues will get plenty of kills.
    QFT

rogues were never weak

its just the type of players attracted to rogues lack skill in anything that might come to resemble a fight.

there are a handfull of good players playing rogues, they top scoreboards while other rogues are crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

OP's analogy sounds about right, although I'd argue about the fork part.

Rogues are effective and have always been effective in the right hands.

Rogue players are the ones that are lacking.

But yeah, these changes will make the bad ones marginally more useful, while the good ones will dominate.
    Last edited by Corian; 09-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Yeah, I was totally one of those good Rogues people ***** about.

Imagine what my fork is going to do NOW.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Yeah, I was totally one of those good Rogues people ***** about.

Imagine what my fork is going to do NOW.
    Enjoy it while you can, in 2-3 months you will be fighting the other 11 people left on your server while everyone else moves on.

I have had enough of the rollercoaster that is TRION's idea of class balancing twice a week.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    QFT

rogues were never weak

its just the type of players attracted to rogues lack skill in anything that might come to resemble a fight.

there are a handfull of good players playing rogues, they top scoreboards while other rogues are crying.
    If they were never weak then i'm sure you'll have no issue with rogues having equal capabilities to all other classes. Because if they weren't weak and they're only equal and you lose then what can that possibly mean.....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    OP's analogy sounds about right, although I'd argue about the fork part.

Rogues are effective and have always been effective in the right hands.

Rogue players are the ones that are lacking.

But yeah, these changes will make the bad ones marginally more useful, while the good ones will dominate.
    Funny that because my p7.5 rogue hits like an undergeared wet noodle and is about 50% of the capability of any other class, whilst my p2 mage can solo 3 higher rank rogues.

Must just be me being bad i guess. And then when i wear a pixel dress i magically become good. Whodathunkit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast