+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Dear All--err--Guardians in WFs

Rift Disciple

Default Dear All--err--Guardians in WFs

Yes, I know I've said all this before.

Yes, I know that the Defiants sometimes need the advice, but where it's maybe 10% of the time, it's 90%+ of the time with the guardians. I've had the "win 5 whitefall steppes" achieves since May...and I'm half through Decorated with them despite this.

I'm tired of being top healer with the most deaths in the WFs I have to suffer through. Sometimes I have more healing than the two guys behind me COMBINED and more deaths than both of them combined. (Because neither ever died).

1. KILL THEIR HEALERS. Clue people - if their healers don't die, hardly anyone else does till they run OOM.

2. PROTECT YOUR HEALERS.
    2a. Stop fricking yelling at me to heal your sorry @$$ when I'm dead.
    2b. Don't yell at me to heal you when you just ran past me with 3 Defiant up my @$$ and couldn't be bothered to help me.
    2c. Don't say snarking crap like "wow, really useful" and run off when I'm trying to fight off some of these people...I'm your healer, it's a rare thing when I can kill anybody solo - that's not my job, it's yours!

3. Know the objectives of the Warfront. If you don't know, ask! If you're afraid to ask, follow rule 2.

4. If I call out the other sides' healers, don't tell me to mark them when I'm not lead and thus can't. Don't proceed to call me filthy names when I tell you to tab my target because I can't mark them.

5. Learn to tab target. Please for the love or w/e diety you hold dear it's not that hard.

/end rant

Default I will pray for many Happy Win Win Games for You!!

Step 1, make friends/join a pvp oriented Guild

Step 2, make sure friends are p6+

Step 3, use Vent with your new Friends

Step 4, que warfronts

Step 5, smash buttons, communicate, and ROFL at Noobz

Step 6, Win

Step 7, Laugh at how silly it was to solo que and complain

Step 8, Return to Forums with Raging Peen and feel no pity to those who don't understand the above steps

Step 9, Move out of basement and thank Mummy for all of the Sunny D and PBJ Sandwiches

Step 10, Sell Metth to pay bills, move into trailer, and have babies you shouldn't be having

This message was brought to you by the-
    "Me no Have no Future if Me no Thinky, Project."
    Last edited by Horsesock; 09-07-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Rift Disciple

1. How silly of me thinking I could educate nublets without the worthless trolls coming in.

2. I work two jobs, thanks, and don't have the time that a guild demands, so your last items are quite amusing, child. Personal experience, I'll assume? Take your own advice before you try to give it to others.

/shoos troll
    Last edited by Martine; 09-07-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martine View Post
    1. How silly of me thinking I could educate nublets without the worthless trolls coming in.

2. Please leave the unicorns at home, I thought you outgrew them after age 12? And you're telling me about mom and PB&J? Come come now, child. Take your own advice, please, then come back to me. Or better take your trolling elsewhere, thank you.
    1- Your impact will be huge!! Tell us more tips, please.

2- FYI, I live on Rainbow Lane in a Candy Cane house, next to the Huxtables' and the Brady's.

I'm 13 and hoping my first down stairs hair will come in soon!
    Someday, I hope to be real smart and figure out how to not blame other people for my shortcomings.

Unicorns are amazing creatures and are very loving. Please show some respect.

My Grandpappy taught me those 10 steps, and I have seen others prosper and achieve endless success!

Sending you hugs and kisses.

Yes, I know I've said all this before.

Yes, I know that the Defiants sometimes need the advice, but where it's maybe 10% of the time, it's 90%+ of the time with the guardians. I've had the "win 5 whitefall steppes" achieves since May...and I'm half through Decorated with them despite this.

I'm tired of being top healer with the most deaths in the WFs I have to suffer through. Sometimes I have more healing than the two guys behind me COMBINED and more deaths than both of them combined. (Because neither ever died).

1. KILL THEIR HEALERS. Clue people - if their healers don't die, hardly anyone else does till they run OOM.

2. PROTECT YOUR HEALERS.
    2a. Stop fricking yelling at me to heal your sorry @$$ when I'm dead.
    2b. Don't yell at me to heal you when you just ran past me with 3 Defiant up my @$$ and couldn't be bothered to help me.
    2c. Don't say snarking crap like "wow, really useful" and run off when I'm trying to fight off some of these people...I'm your healer, it's a rare thing when I can kill anybody solo - that's not my job, it's yours!

3. Know the objectives of the Warfront. If you don't know, ask! If you're afraid to ask, follow rule 2.

4. If I call out the other sides' healers, don't tell me to mark them when I'm not lead and thus can't. Don't proceed to call me filthy names when I tell you to tab my target because I can't mark them.

5. Learn to tab target. Please for the love or w/e diety you hold dear it's not that hard.

/end rant
    This isn't a pandemic. There are clusters where Defiants can't get their head out of their ***, and the same goes to Guardian.

Healer is a thankless job. As much as I hate being a solo warrior hoping for pug heals, I'd hate being a solo healer more depending on everyone else to win the game.

The point Horse is trying to get out, lathered in alot of silliness, is that healers need pocket DPS. And it's not particularly too hard to find a geared warrior who wouldn't mind some pocket heal action.

Duo queuing still goes straight to the pug pool.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Too many steps.

Not enough ??? and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    This isn't a pandemic. There are clusters where Defiants can't get their head out of their ***, and the same goes to Guardian.

Healer is a thankless job. As much as I hate being a solo warrior hoping for pug heals, I'd hate being a solo healer more depending on everyone else to win the game.

The point Horse is trying to get out, lathered in alot of silliness, is that healers need pocket DPS. And it's not particularly too hard to find a geared warrior who wouldn't mind some pocket heal action.

Duo queuing still goes straight to the pug pool.
    Don't listen to Wuzzles!

He always tries to interject common sense, rational thinking and constructive criticism.

I've seen him Carebear!
    Last edited by Horsesock; 09-07-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: LOLOLOL

Rift Disciple

I know there's a few times Defiants suffer the same brain cramps, I mentioned it in my opener. However, for Defiants it's uncommon - my defiant healers are managing ok. The guardians are a seemingly endless cesspool of suck, it's amazing.

And I've been healing for years, it infuriates me that I'm saying the same crap I was 6+ years ago in the other place I won't mention. Yes, I'm a masochist.

...*bonks Horse* I got it you're just a goofball
    Last edited by Martine; 09-07-2011 at 08:36 AM.

2. I work two jobs, thanks, and don't have the time that a guild demands, so your last items are quite amusing, child. Personal experience, I'll assume? Take your own advice before you try to give it to others.

/shoos troll
    2- you don't have time that a RAIDING guild demands. You can easily find a pvp guild that wouldn't mind having a player that has a very limited schedule and can't play all of the time. That is the great thing about pvp vs raiding, you can pop on whenever and do it without fear of only being able to play for maybe and hour and having to leave and screwing over 19 other people. Plus there are not set times you have to be on. Look around for a guild, I am sure you can find something. You aren't the only person in Rift my special unique snowflake with a life outside of the game
    Kungfubanana~Koreancowgirl~Buffypaprika~Supermercado~Donkeythong

...*bonks Horse* I got it you're just a goofball
    He's a white colalr 9-5er. So being stuck in the office drives him crazy and he unleashes his pent up fury by being as silly as possible in threads.

But I might be in trouble, I already got a text from him: "U be trolling my trolling mon !!! I have too much fun !!!!"

On a serious note:

Defiants are in a crappy place right now, and I think this is why Horse and I originally took notice of this thread. There are far more established strong, Guardian PvP guilds throughout the entire NA region than Defiant ones. Do some research and you might find yourself a great PvP guild where time commitment is a non-factor. You know, just sign on when you want and do some queue's World PvP rift stomping then call it a night, type of deal.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Rift Disciple

Oh, he was one of the lucky ones that got to keep his job? Good for him, I'm glad some of us were - I wasn't so lucky (I've been laid off more than once, my high education career went to India).

And yes it's easy to troll me after an hour+ of miserable losses, my sense of humor goes entirely out the window. I have only so much patience for that much idiocy in the small windows of time I have left to play.

I find what you're saying very curious because what I've found is entirely the opposite. Maybe I'm just on the wrong servers.
    Last edited by Martine; 09-07-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Telaran

I agree from a healers POV. However i do have to say that in general if you want something done right do it yourself. Start of every PUG WF I try to whisper the guy with lead so I can mark.

Honestly it should be a rogue that marks but as i said...if you want something done right...do ti yourself lol. Most people just mark blindly. If there is say two healers on top the vast majority will mark them by order rather then how squishy they look so as said just do it yourself. Id say ive won like 75% more games then when i didnt bother with asking for lead to mark.

Default He wasn't trolling

/shoos troll
    Congrats on the 2 jobs. Hopping on for an hour or 2 has nothing to do with guild constraints. There are 100 guild out there that don't give one flip about how much you play. To be successful in PvP takes collaboration. If you don't want to heed his advice. Have fun and enjoy your bad experience the best you can. While his post was ridled with sarcasm it was 100% true.

Guardians rather run around in circles or quit half way through instead actually using common sense of following plans.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Guardians rather run around in circles or quit half way through instead actually using common sense of following plans.
    You should read either Sun-Tzu or von Clausewitz. They both had interesting reads on plans.

More of a problem is leadership in WF. Most people try to lead through screaming sheissfits instead of exerting leadership in a meaningful way. This is largely caused by two things: leadership is rare, and everyone else believes they are the shizz and should in no way follow anyone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast