+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Warfronts since Hotfix...

  1. #1
    Plane Touched TourneAsunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default Warfronts since Hotfix...

    I sure hope that it becomes better...yesterday, the warfronts on Dayblind had been the worst that I have ever experienced in my game time.

    Worse than the Sab days, worse than the Pyro days...Why, I really have no clue- and before you spout off about qq nonsense read my words carefully.


    I'm not talking about getting hit for more- my valor has remained unchained...

    I'm not talking about getting a nerf to synergy crystals/codex trinkets etc...I mostly Bard, the 50hp less heals really go without notice from me.


    I'm not talking about nerfing any classes or buffing others...


    What I do want to know is what changed that made things so terrible? Queues had been 10-15m- pug battles looked like pug versus premade...only one warfront of the day seemed to be without one team being steamrolled in a ridiculous fashion.

    It was like going into battle with half one or the other team afk...but there had been no afk'rs.


    Maybe I'm dense, I haven't noticed any outward difference in damage or healing....so what is going on?
    Last edited by TourneAsunder; 09-02-2011 at 06:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    All the players that were previously PvPing only for the gear to use in raids stopped queueing.

    Queues on my battlegroup went through the roof as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Matriarche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Ah, WF's were generally bad on Sunrest too. I'm guess people all the PvE people are finally checking out the PvP content due to the new patch. The learning curve is there, but it will get better soon at least those who enjoy it. PvE players seem to be able to go with flow during changes better than PvP players. But in the end who becomes who?

  4. #4
    Telaran Erien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Working as intended!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    Trion sucks! I have been complaining about <class> for <number of weeks since last patch> weeks and they just ignore how OP <ability> is. People just say <cc> the <class> and L2P but it's not that easy!!!! I swear, does anyone who works for Trion actually play this game? The devs need to wake up or this game will be dead in <number of months Rift has been live +1> months. I'm cancelling my subscription until they meet my demands. <insert game 1> and <insert game 2> are coming out soon and they're going to kick this dead game in the *** if Trion doesn't make changes! I am so going to leave for those games!

  5. #5
    Plane Touched TourneAsunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    All the players that were previously PvPing only for the gear to use in raids stopped queueing.

    Queues on my battlegroup went through the roof as well.
    I never imagined that I would be longing for the PvE crowd so that I could do PvP content...lol, what a world.

    Waiting upwards of 17min between matches...yikes. Hope today is better...

  6. #6
    Plane Touched Onem3o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    272

    Default

    I agree with the OP.. The thing I can point out is that I notice much more warriors that cannot be stopped. I mean it was really really bad already but now that they messed up PvP more it is just crazy.. I just dont get why Trion does crap like this and then makes us live with it untill they get around to fixing the real problem.. If anything they should have done testing on the PTS (real testing) and along with the valor change they could have put in what ever other fixes that needed to be fixed in at the same time. I really hope trion does something about this fast because a lot of people are already quiting and the queues are getting longer and longer and there has been a lot more fighting going on in them due to how mad everyone is. I dont blame them I am pissed as well. I play a MM and you cant even hit warriors half the time so now warriors are even harder to kill since its always miss,miss,miss,dodge,dodge,parry,BS,BS,BS,Lol,Lol, Lol... Damn trion you really did make a big mess of things.. now clean it the **** up

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    i made a cab spec and was going to start seeing if cleric is fun (rank1 eek) but gave up after 15min in queue
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Ugh so que times still as bad today? Arg I was playing last night and had 17min ques. Was hopign it was jsut the time of the day but hmmm i guess it does make sense...

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr15 View Post
    Ugh so que times still as bad today? Arg I was playing last night and had 17min ques. Was hopign it was jsut the time of the day but hmmm i guess it does make sense...
    pvpers that got rank8 have stopped queueing because no one wants to do warfronts and its just a way to get gear. now they are quitting the game because there is nothing to do with the gear.

    rogues are just quitting period.

    pvers stopped warfronting because its no longer viable to use the r8 synergy to kill their scripts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    The influx of new people and the disappearance of seasoned players is really getting on my nerves.
    Not because i dont like new people in wf, its because they dont listen.

    Its like "THIS IS MY FURT TYME, LETZ CHARGE INTO THE BIG RED BLOB AND SEE WUT IT DOZ"
    "WTF NO HEALZ AZOAKLANJDSLKANJSDFA"

    I have to double up on my prescription before i break another keyboard.

    The queue have gotten a bit longer as well.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Queue times are through the roof at all lvls, on both factions for me as well.

    Unfortunately, the Guardians get steamrolled even faster and more embarassingly than before. Maybe I'll just give it up and stick with my Defiants full time.

    And before you say it's just me, I'm usually at the top of the healing meters (and usually the most deaths - at least Defiants know to kill healers, Alli--err--Guardians let them stand there and heal till they're OOM and begging to die to reset their manabars *facepalm*)

  12. #12
    Plane Touched TourneAsunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    pvpers that got rank8 have stopped queueing because no one wants to do warfronts and its just a way to get gear. now they are quitting the game because there is nothing to do with the gear.

    rogues are just quitting period.

    pvers stopped warfronting because its no longer viable to use the r8 synergy to kill their scripts.
    I noticed a bunch of rogues attempting wf's lastnight...I'm guessing r1-4's hoping that now they have higher valor that maybe the class would be more balanced for them?

    They would give it a couple goes and bail out...finding out the harsh truth. Good thing is they most likely have a cleric, mage or warr toon as well anyway...so it's no loss to them.
    Last edited by TourneAsunder; 09-02-2011 at 08:44 AM.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched TourneAsunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martine View Post
    Queue times are through the roof at all lvls, on both factions for me as well.

    Unfortunately, the Guardians get steamrolled even faster and more embarassingly than before.
    Yeah, that's the odd stuff...queue times I can understand being high with people not feeling the need anymore- but the crazy steamrolling is bizarre since I can't figure out what has changed with the groupings to cause such a nightmare.

    Pugs always had nutty groupings- so, no clue what is going on to make the wf's such a mess.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    I agree with the OP.. The thing I can point out is that I notice much more warriors that cannot be stopped. I mean it was really really bad already but now that they messed up PvP more it is just crazy.. I just dont get why Trion does crap like this and then makes us live with it untill they get around to fixing the real problem.. If anything they should have done testing on the PTS (real testing) and along with the valor change they could have put in what ever other fixes that needed to be fixed in at the same time. I really hope trion does something about this fast because a lot of people are already quiting and the queues are getting longer and longer and there has been a lot more fighting going on in them due to how mad everyone is. I dont blame them I am pissed as well. I play a MM and you cant even hit warriors half the time so now warriors are even harder to kill since its always miss,miss,miss,dodge,dodge,parry,BS,BS,BS,Lol,Lol, Lol... Damn trion you really did make a big mess of things.. now clean it the **** up
    Thanks for the laugh! Oh wait, you're serious?
    Ok short summary:
    Valor= reduces damage you take from players
    hit= lowers the chance that you will see miss,dodge...

    On topic:
    Queue times have trippled in my serverpool

  15. #15
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default W-F'ed

    I guess the assumption that Trion has made is that hardcore pvp'ers should not be able to have BiS items but I guess it's okay for hardcore raid players to have them. Let me explain something here: reaching level 8 in pvp is hell-hard and requires thousands of warfronts played. Literally thousands. It's much more difficult and time consuming than getting BiS/raid gear. Let's use Black Garden as an example ( the other warfronts scale favor with this one based on time it takes), where the avg favor is around 500 per match if you calculate a 50/50 win/loss. Go ahead, add up the 8 levels of favor required and see what that comes out to. Now, the pvp'ers are penalized for their efforts and raid players are not. If Trion wants to make half of the key pvp gear stats NOT count in pve then they should make half of the key stats obtained from high end raid gear NOT count in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts