+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So, I'm about to hit 50 and I'm a PVPer. What do I do now?

Question So, I'm about to hit 50 and I'm a PVPer. What do I do now?

I was reading the PTS forums while was at work on my lunch break, now I'm at home and the reactions seem to be overwhelmingly negative.

Should I just stop doing warfronts and start trying to get in to PVE raids to be viable? Without fully understanding what what they've done means, it seems like PVP gear will only be viable in PVP and PVE gear will still be viable in both and in many (most?) cases best in slot, is that fair?

Is this like years-ago-WoW now where resilience was broken forever and many pvpers either went with mixed gear or just straight pve sets because the damage output was so much higher than the survivability from pvp gear wasn't worth it?

My main is a mage, level 46 I was looking forward to hitting 50 this weekend .. I'm not so sure anymore.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepthief View Post
    I was reading the PTS forums while was at work on my lunch break, now I'm at home and the reactions seem to be overwhelmingly negative.

Should I just stop doing warfronts and start trying to get in to PVE raids to be viable? Without fully understanding what what they've done means, it seems like PVP gear will only be viable in PVP and PVE gear will still be viable in both and in many (most?) cases best in slot, is that fair?

Is this like years-ago-WoW now where resilience was broken forever and many pvpers either went with mixed gear or just straight pve sets because the damage output was so much higher than the survivability from pvp gear wasn't worth it?

My main is a mage, level 46 I was looking forward to hitting 50 this weekend .. I'm not so sure anymore.
    Whine on the forums until you get gear handed to you. Then, go apply for foodstamps and welfare, sit at home and eat ice cream, pop out some kids and wait for those government checks to start rolling in!

Rift Chaser

Not trying to be difficult, but it isn't really going to matter much what you do, you're still going to get rolled at lower ranks. The difference in having 30% damage reduction means you might live 1 more GCD, you'll be stunned during that extra GCD so it won't matter much.

Get used to this sequence. Bullrush/riftwalk/stun/interrupted/dead.

Rift Disciple

The main thing that happened as a result of this is that lower ranked players will have an extremely difficult time killing anyone. Before this change, they had a chance to pick off some of the other lower ranked players.

Higher ranked players will still roflstomp lower ranked ones.

I'm really surprised no one saw this as a likely result between all the ******* to "pvp improvements"

You will continuously get wrecked until you are ranks 5/6, I think, is the general consensus.
    Last edited by Egeus; 09-01-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    Not trying to be difficult, but it isn't really going to matter much what you do, you're still going to get rolled at lower ranks. The difference in having 30% damage reduction means you might live 1 more GCD, you'll be stunned during that extra GCD so it won't matter much.

Get used to this sequence. Bullrush/riftwalk/stun/interrupted/dead.
    that already happens, i get 2 shot by warriors as it is, they're always cc immune so i can't stop them. i guess what i'm basically asking is if i should waste time getting pvp gear since pve gear seems to be able to be used anywhere and if the extra damage it no doubt affords out weighs the valor damage reduction from the pvp set. i was just going to get the pvp gear because pvp is primarily what i like to do but if i'm asked to raid by my guild and i can't because i only pvp that's going to suck ;/
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 09-01-2011 at 11:26 AM.

I would quit while you are ahead and wait for swtor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Englshredwolf View Post
    thanks point dexter, ill wait for some more comments from other, less rude people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect1 View Post
    I would quit while you are ahead and wait for swtor.
    i'm mostly already waiting on gw2 but i have no faith that either will come out this year

+ Reply to Thread