+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 1.4.1 Hotfix#2 = Gametime theft by Trion. Solution.

Telaran

Default 1.4.1 Hotfix#2 = Gametime theft by Trion. Solution.

Dear Trion,

I understand that you have the right to balance your game over time in ways you see fit. I applaud that effort. Your wish to draw a distinction between PvP gear and PvE is your choice.

However, when you take a significant function from an item that takes weeks to obtain from PvE'ers. Leaving a patron saying "If it said then, what it says now, I would have never spent gametime (money) obtaining said item!" You as a company then effectively steal gametime from your patrons.

The trinket took 2-3 weeks to get in a time where there wasn't as much of a buff to prestige/favor/rep as there is at THIS point in the game. So the slower gear progression made it that much harder to obtain Faction Reputation for an individual.

That trinket has been in the game since game start. Therefore, Trion, you cannot claim it was in any way imbalanced as you have had MONTHs to correct it at any time. I personally have had mine for over 4 months! 4 MONTHS!

I am therefore requesting compensation. Since the trinket was changed by 50%-ish(well actually more) I'm requesting the option to refund the item for:

1) 1.5 weeks credited gametime.

or

2) Via the t1/t2 PvE gear vendors, temporarily tradable for marks by the one I currently have, an equal trinket that provides:

Endurance +20
    Attack Power +16
    valor -1000 (for the sake of PvE use only)
    Use: Increases Physical Power by 250 for 30 Seconds.

This allows you to improve your PvP patrons'experience, as you are obviously trying to, without stealing anything from your PvE patrons that PvP'd soley for an item that had a PvE use also.

You have 30 days to grant this or some form of compensation or you lose a customer indefinately. As that is how much gametime I have left.

I cannot in good conscience financially support any company that would steal from it's customers under the guise of 'improvements to some' without consideration to what's being 'taken from others'.

I don't think this is an unreasonable request. I do believe it's, in fact, a fair and balanced one.

Shadowhex <Catalyst> - Dayblind
    Last edited by Shadovvhex; 09-01-2011 at 08:16 AM.

dear Trion,

i just used a potion and it dissapeared! please give me access to Dev commands, godmode, instant kill, 2 years of free game experience, and let me sleep with your wife. i find this to be appropriate compensation for my time in an online game.

I don't think this is an unreasonable request. I do believe it's, in fact, a fair and balanced one.

this will end well

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    dear Trion,

i just used a potion and it dissapeared! please give me access to Dev commands, godmode, instant kill, 2 years of free game experience, and let me sleep with your wife. i find this to be appropriate compensation for my time in an online game.

The trinket isn't a one time use. A poor comparison to anything. Pretty weak trolling.
    Last edited by Shadovvhex; 09-01-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Plane Touched GuybrushThreepwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadovvhex View Post
    You have 30 days to grant this or some form of compensation or you lose a customer indefinitely.
    So.... you don't know how long you're going to quit for? You might be back tomorrow?

/sigh
    //learn what words mean before you use them
    ///also, I fixed your spelling

Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate
    Dwarf Rogue - Tank, DPS, Support (in that order)

LvL13 item, friendly rep required
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/CAFEE4CC...-Falls-Compass

LvL50 Item, revered rep required
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/E4B0B4F0...1/Words-of-War

Trion itemization = pure win.
    Shayde@Seastone

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by GuybrushThreepwood View Post
    So.... you don't know how long you're going to quit for? You might be back tomorrow?

/sigh
    //learn what words mean before you use them
    ///also, I fixed your spelling
    Okay grammar police, you got me. Now what?

Prophet of Telara

Your compensation lies in the fact that you got 4 months of use out of said item. Your contract is up. You could sue, I guess, but my lawyers will eat you alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Your compensation lies in the fact that you got 4 months of use out of said item. Your contract is up. You could sue, I guess, but my lawyers will eat you alive.
    So you're gonna pay for Trion litigation? How nice - a troll who actually does something other than NOT contributing.

Plane Touched

Is the loss of the attack or spell power really that game breaking?

It lasts 30 seconds, 2 minute cooldown. That's an average of 31.25 attack power lost. Why do people worry about that?

And if you didn't like PvP then you shouldn't have PvPed. PvP specific gear in a game that splits PvP and PvE gear, is always subject to change.

Sucks? Sure, but this is not worth the gripe or a cancel. Cancel if you don't enjoy playing Rift, not over some minor change.

Prophet of Telara

You're a bit of a troll as well, aren't you?
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Ascendant

The way I see it, you should be paying Trion a little extra by way of tuition for the lesson they just taught you.

And in case the thesis statement of that lesson evades you:

Invest your time in the game doing things that you enjoy, not grinding for hours upon hours chasing a carrot that gives a single digit % increase to performance so that you can outgear the content you do enjoy before you even step into it.

I'm not kidding. I'm not being facetious. It's time for some people to wise up and play the game as it was intended to be played: as an entertainment medium, not a full time ****ing job.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by BrokTheFanatic View Post
    Is the loss of the attack or spell power really that game breaking?

It lasts 30 seconds, 2 minute cooldown. That's an average of 31.25 attack power lost. Why do people worry about that?

And if you didn't like PvP then you shouldn't have PvPed. PvP specific gear in a game that splits PvP and PvE gear, is always subject to change.

Sucks? Sure, but this is not worth the gripe or a cancel. Cancel if you don't enjoy playing Rift, not over some minor change.
    It's principle. To you it doesn't matter. I wonder do you even have one? Did you put the gametime into getting one? Or are you simply telling those that did- "Too bad" simply because you can.

Prophet of Telara

Why not adress the points he made instead of moaning about principles? In my opinion they were quite valid, obviously you disagree.
    Last edited by Digits; 09-01-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    You're a bit of a troll as well, aren't you?
    You could have simply and respectfully disagreed. You however chose to mock it. I returned the favor with the lack of respect. Given respect is earned and you haven't earned any.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    The way I see it, you should be paying Trion a little extra by way of tuition for the lesson they just taught you.

And in case the thesis statement of that lesson evades you:

Invest your time in the game doing things that you enjoy, not grinding for hours upon hours chasing a carrot that gives a single digit % increase to performance so that you can outgear the content you do enjoy before you even step into it.

I'm not kidding. I'm not being facetious. It's time for some people to wise up and play the game as it was intended to be played: as an entertainment medium, not a full time ****ing job.
    Who said it was a job? I'm wanting them to pay attention to what they are claiming people can have and then take it away from them. Not by the usual minor tweaks you would expect in a game. But by significant amounts to items or goals that have been there for months on end. There has to be some line drawn. To where a person can seek compensation otherwise the company can't be trusted and ANY aspect.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast