+ Reply to Thread

Thread: those dang cereal boxes

Champion

Default those dang cereal boxes

What if you opened a cereal box and found a decoder ring saying you just won the spot as the head of Rift PvP (the last guy tragically died after a stack of angry fan mail fell over on him trapping him under the weight of his own neglect and no one in the office wanted to over the burden of thousands of rabid PvP forum rats)

irony aside what would you do????
    Last edited by garethh; 08-31-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    What if you opened a cereal box and found a decoder ring saying you just won the spot as the head of Rift PvP (the last guy tragically died after a stack of angry fan mailed fell over on him trapping him under the weight of his own neglect)

That's a fun question.

Let's see, you're kinda stuck with the fundamental mechanics that the dead guy built, so within that framework...

I'd go ahead with the changes they're making. Now that I've seen them, they're not that crushing and may actually improve things.

After that I'd have an elimination contest on the test server with five player teams until I got 16 teams, eight for each side. Whoever got picked would get a unique mount on live and a title (after the experiments were over).

Then I'd have three really smart guys gather a bunch of data by class and figure out the most intelligent, data driven way to balance out the classes based on an actual vision for how PvP would work best here.

Just an idea, I'll leave the vision part up to someone else.

Id keep quiet, so very very quiet.. then when Im round my nephews house next id slip the decoder into his cereal packet and watch his 3 year old face light up as he won a plastic ring which he would undoubtedly pretend shoots lazer beams and proceed to point it at me yelling die die die.
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

They still do decoder rings? Oh man, I gotta go buy some cereal now!
    Last edited by Quasari Nova; 09-01-2011 at 02:36 AM.

So you just put in my head that the dev team at Trion is some kind of Green lantern Corps.

So...I'd take that job in a heart beat. Maybe that should be the new mage soul? call it the emerald torch soul
    Last edited by Typrop; 09-01-2011 at 04:10 AM.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    What if you opened a cereal box and found a decoder ring saying you just won the spot as the head of Rift PvP (the last guy tragically died after a stack of angry fan mail fell over on him trapping him under the weight of his own neglect and no one in the office wanted to over the burden of thousands of rabid PvP forum rats)

I'd march in the main office and tell them to fire Gersh and the rest of the warhammer devs.

+ Reply to Thread