+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Why Trion is ruining the game

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    And sets, according to a post from someone on the PTS, means Belt, ring, ring, necklace, chest, shoulders, legs, gloves, boots and helm.
    dont rage when even you dont know. relax and see how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by Finaltidus View Post
    dont rage when even you dont know. relax and see how it goes...
    What? I don't even know what that means. It's on the PTS right now.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zzyx View Post
    Trion:
    Changes to Valor

"With this Hot Fix you will find that all 4 PvP sets will share the same amount of total valor. This means that the set earned in Ranks 1 & 2 has the same amount of valor as provided by the set earned over Ranks 7 & 8. How much? It works out to 751 Valor, or a 30.04% Damage Reduction. Instead of being differentiated by survivability, they will be differentiated by their main stats."

Trion general public:

Pentalizing the individual's that have work hard to achive thier ranking, just to catter the whinners that are ruining the game. Trions anwser to everything...... nerf the individual that works hard for an achivement.
    In the same sense, PvE'ers have been in that boat since they made P8. And we feel more cheated due to the fact that its harder to acquire good gear through raiding than to rank up in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by yshara View Post
    I think some of the confusion here is to what consists of a "set" of gear.

My understanding of this is that it's the pieces that, when combined, will activate a synergy crystal. 4 pieces are needed to activate a synergy crystal, out of 5 possible pieces that make up the set. So, the five pieces in the set will all have the same Valor across the ranks.

Nothing has been said about off-set pieces, that is, belts, rings, and necklaces. Not been on the PTS to check this though so could be totally wrong.
    I'm not confused, after having this argument in another thread, someone went on the PTS and confirmed it. A set = Necklace, belt, ring x2, Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Legs, Gloves, and boots. The synergy crystal has nothing to do with valor, it provides zero.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

I'm not confused, after having this argument in another thread, someone went on the PTS and confirmed it. A set = Necklace, belt, ring x2, Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Legs, Gloves, and boots. The synergy crystal has nothing to do with valor, it provides zero.
    I didn't say you were confused, I said there is confusion around the issue. Stop taking things so personally

I also never said that the synergy crystal has Valor, I said that to activate one you need 4 out 5 pieces - the ones that will light up when you mouse over them on your character sheet. This is what I guessed a "Set" would be.

Can you link the thread you mention please?

BS, someone wanted to win an argument and said that, you dont know, so stop talking like you do.

I didn't say you were confused, I said there is confusion around the issue. Stop taking things so personally

I also never said that the synergy crystal has Valor, I said that to activate one you need 4 out 5 pieces - the ones that will light up when you mouse over them on your character sheet. This is what I guessed a "Set" would be.

Can you link the thread you mention please?
    Sure, here's the link to the thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/newreply....eply&p=3058707

And the exact post I'm referring to:

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    just logged on pts: valor unchanged on rank 5-6 and 6-7 items (btw I was wrong, belt and jewelery concour to the 735 total), valor updated to 735 total on lower ranks items.

Quote Originally Posted by Finaltidus View Post
    BS, someone wanted to win an argument and said that, you dont know, so stop talking like you do.
    No, actually he admitted he was wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    It'll probably impact rogues the most with everyone else having innately more durable builds for PvP / self healing, but I can see that it will be a necessary step forward for the game.
    Although I agree with you that the changes are an improvement to the game, I never buy the "this affects my class more" argument. The changes will make lower prestige players more robust, including rogues. The changes will also knock those high prestige players down a peg. Those "god-mode" p8 chloro/locks just became easier to kill.

With valor equalized more-or-less across the ranks, it will be easier for Trion to balance our actual callings in the future. When the game becomes less about the gear, devs can focus on tweaking soul abilities to infuse skill into pvp. Right now most pvp outcomes are determined by who can zerg faster and harder. Frankly I'm sick of matches going to warrior paintrains, or cabalist/mage AoE spam. It's not interesting, fun, or challenging.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Sure, here's the link to the thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/newreply....eply&p=3058707
    Thanks. So yes, everyone will have the same Valor apart from the minor amount from essences by the look of it.

Thanks. So yes, everyone will have the same Valor apart from the minor amount from essences by the look of it.
    And the large amount from the noble guard helm and chest runes. I don't think an R1 is going to be glorified with noble guard upon hitting 50.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 08-31-2011 at 07:28 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Timewarp View Post
    Although I agree with you that the changes are an improvement to the game, I never buy the "this affects my class more" argument. The changes will make lower prestige players more robust, including rogues. The changes will also knock those high prestige players down a peg. Those "god-mode" p8 chloro/locks just became easier to kill.

With valor equalized more-or-less across the ranks, it will be easier for Trion to balance our actual callings in the future. When the game becomes less about the gear, devs can focus on tweaking soul abilities to infuse skill into pvp. Right now most pvp outcomes are determined by who can zerg faster and harder. Frankly I'm sick of matches going to warrior paintrains, or cabalist/mage AoE spam. It's not interesting, fun, or challenging.
    Valor + heals > valor + no heals.

DPS increases with gear. HPS increases with gear.
    DPS decreases with opponent gear. HPS stays same with opponents gear.

Very simple to see how valor and heals work well together. There's a lot of ways to "fix" pvp that don't involve blanket fixes.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

And the large amount from the noble guard helm and chest runes. I don't think an R1 is going to be glorified with noble guard upon hitting 50.
    Forgot about the head rune

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post

DPS increases with gear. HPS increases with gear.
    DPS decreases with opponent gear. HPS stays same with opponents gear.

Very simple to see how valor and heals work well together. There's a lot of ways to "fix" pvp that don't involve blanket fixes.
    You took the time to say a whole lot of nothing.

Taking your "math"
    Valor + heals > valor + no heals
    Valor + heals > valor + 0
    -valor + valor + heals > valor - valor
    heals > 0

What is your point again?

You might be more successful communicating your thoughts if you used actual sentences. The only thing I can gleam from your post is you feel healing outscales dps in a pvp environment. If anything this "blanket" fix, negates some of that. When valor is static, dps can start to scale against opponents again.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Timewarp View Post
    You took the time to say a whole lot of nothing.

Taking your "math"
    Valor + heals > valor + no heals
    Valor + heals > valor + 0
    -valor + valor + heals > valor - valor
    heals > 0

What is your point again?

You might be more successful communicating your thoughts if you used actual sentences. The only thing I can gleam from your post is you feel healing outscales dps in a pvp environment. If anything this "blanket" fix, negates some of that. When valor is static, dps can start to scale against opponents again.
    healing scales stronger as you gain more valor because everyone takes less dmg and healing gets better on those people with gear, so healing is "buffed", and dmg people take is "nerfed", thats the problem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast