+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 55
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PvE gear should also not be the best gear for pvp.......

  1. #31
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/CFCABAB0...ointed-Hauberk - Damons Chain Chest

    http://rift.zam.com/en/item/8BEFE4BD...%27s-Habergeon - R6 cleric Chest

    I see 4 pve stats on Retributer's Hauby R6 cleric chest

    I see 5 pve stats on Damons pve chest
    add 50 SP to each piece of PVP gear and about 75HP. That's why everyone was using it. I guess now you can add 25.
    Last edited by Serashen; 08-31-2011 at 05:30 AM.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  2. #32
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    add 50 SP to each piece of PVP gear and about 75HP. That's why everyone was using it. I guess now you can add 25.
    So if they added 50 sp for synergy to pve gear?

    PvE would be better.

  3. #33
    Ascendant Blays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    +HIT working in pvp should be tossed out the window.


    yes the title of the thread can be debated which is "better" but its not about the title of the thread but the topic. if we are going to have a seperation, we need to do it a little bit both ways.


    I made a video before, you can go watch it if you want, but one thing you will notice is i never parry or dodge in the entire video. but if you look at my stat sheet I have 19 dodge and 19 parry.
    NO, not a parry rating of 19 , an actual 19% dodge rate and a 19% parry rate.

    currently my pve raider friends complain that pve gear "has its stats eaten up by +hit" while pvp gear dosent. pve gear gets valor which is useless in pve. but hit works in pvp and all the nice bells and whistles that pve gear gets (relic procs ect) work

    I was saying BEFORE this change that i am tired of raid geared rogues and warriors jumping me and killing me easily with almost no time invested in pvp. this would be a step in the right direction to making things closer to the way they should be.
    Go **** yourself cry baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

  4. #34
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    So if they added 50 sp for synergy to pve gear?

    PvE would be better.
    Now you're speaking hypothetically instead of factually. Are we theory crafting or are we debating the current game state?

    And it was 200 on the pvp synergy, divided across the 4 pieces it takes to activate it. I think it's going to be 100 now that you can use in PVE, the other 100 is active in PVP through vengeance. (I think)
    Last edited by Serashen; 08-31-2011 at 05:33 AM.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  5. #35
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Now you're speaking hypothetically instead of factually. Are we theory crafting or are we debating the current game state?
    It isn't theorycrafting, it's math.

    If they changed synergy of PvE gear to equal the same as PvP, valor would be a wasted stat, and PvE gear would definately be better for PvE.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 08-31-2011 at 05:34 AM.

  6. #36
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    It isn't theorycrafting, it's math.

    If they changed synergy of PvE gear to equal the same as PvP, valor would be a wasted stat, and PvE gear would definately be better for PvE.
    You can call it whatever you want, you just jumped from posting links to gear that's in the game, to talking about "what if" to support your argument.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  7. #37
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    You can call it whatever you want, you just jumped from posting links to gear that's in the game, to talking about "what if" to support your argument.
    It isn't a what-if.

    Remove the synergy from the argument, if synergy didn't exist, pve gear would be best for pve.

    Add synergy to the equation, PvP is better ONLY because the synergy bonus is superior by a long shot.

    The "core" problem is the synergy vs synergy.

    The PvP synergy makes up for the wasted stat plus some, it's too powerful of a difference in PvE.

    Add the same synergy bonus to PvE gear, PvE gear suddenly IS better because the synergy is the same, but it has the extra PvE stat.

  8. #38
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    It isn't a what-if.

    Remove the synergy from the argument, if synergy didn't exist, pve gear would be best for pve.

    Add synergy to the equation, PvP is better ONLY because the synergy bonus is superior by a long shot.

    The "core" problem is the synergy vs synergy.

    The PvP synergy makes up for the wasted stat plus some, it's too powerful of a difference in PvE.

    Add the same synergy bonus to PvE gear, PvE gear suddenly IS better because the synergy is the same, but it has the extra PvE stat.
    How is that not a "What if they do this"? Are you 12? You just proposed a hypothetical situation. You can call it what if, if they, they should, i want - it's all the same.

    And they did fix it, you get half the bonus from the crystal now. The bottom line is they DO NOT WANT YOU to have 200 attack power and 200 spell power from your PVE SYNERGY CRYSTAL. Accept that. Move on.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  9. #39
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    How is that not a "What if they do this"? Are you 12? You just proposed a hypothetical situation. You can call it what if, if they, they should, i want - it's all the same.

    And they did fix it, you get half the bonus from the crystal now. The bottom line is they DO NOT WANT YOU to have 200 attack power and 200 spell power from your PVE SYNERGY CRYSTAL. Accept that. Move on.
    Why wouldn't they? Everyone else thinks you should get it, including myself.

    Bottom line, is all things equal, PvE gear vs PvP gear, what is better for PvE without synergy?

    PvE gear is, because of the wasted valor stat.

    This was not an issue until this new patch hit, adding a meh synergy to PvE gear, and PvP gears synergy vastly overpowering the stat difference in PvE vs PvP gear.

    They should change the synergy for PvP gear to add more valor, and that would be fixed.

  10. #40
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Why wouldn't they? Everyone else thinks you should get it, including myself.

    Bottom line, is all things equal, PvE gear vs PvP gear, what is better for PvE without synergy?

    PvE gear is, because of the wasted valor stat.

    This was not an issue until this new patch hit, adding a meh synergy to PvE gear, and PvP gears synergy vastly overpowering the stat difference in PvE vs PvP gear.

    They should change the synergy for PvP gear to add more valor, and that would be fixed.
    You keep removing the synergy crystal from the equation when you simply cannot do so. It's there, you can't act like it's not to prove a point. Synergy crystals exist. Do I need to say this again, Synergy crystals exist. Stop providing examples that do not factor in the synergy crystals. Synergy crystals exist.

    PVE / PVP cystals are part of the "equal" argument. That's why people used the PVP gear over the PVE gear, because the SYNERGY CRYSTAL made it the best when you compared T2 Raid gear to P8 gear on a 1 for 1 basis. You add 50 AP/SP to each of the 4 P8 pieces you use, which makes it better, hands down. Also, the fact that getting any T2 raid gear was months away... The TWO THINGS that made it SO MUCH better was the WEAPON and the 200 AP/SP. You just had to rune around it to keep your 320 hit.

    Valor is a wasted stat for PVE just like you said, but the PVP gear was better for the above stated reason - now stop please.

    And just because 10 people say they want something, doesn't mean they should get it. I want another stimulus check from the government and I'm sure a few million other people do, does that mean we should get it?
    Last edited by Serashen; 08-31-2011 at 05:59 AM.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  11. #41
    Plane Walker Mlaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serashen View Post
    Question...do I get a free PVP weapon to begin my trek in PVP? or do I have to use my nerfed PVE one until I get the favor I need to buy one?
    whats the base cost of first PvP weapon? couple of thousand? hmm perhaps if you did warfronts before 50 you could earn that or what 5 mins to do the open world quests? instead of expecting to hit 50 get a couple of dungeon run weapons and being set to pvp.. perhaps you should have at least done pvp first to earn the weapons.. easy to do just make it so t1+ weapons have half effect in PvP, that way as your levelling up you can earn the the favor from warfronts so when you hit 50 you can buy what you need.

    And for the record I got my first PvE weapon free when I began my trek in PvE would you prefer a 1.5 dps weapon given to you at 50? or would you rather have earnt the favor to buy the basic one from quatermaster instead of a handout?

    see I to can throw pointless misdirection tactics to validate my arguments
    Sureen - Conspiracy

    A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

  12. #42
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mlaar View Post
    whats the base cost of first PvP weapon? couple of thousand? hmm perhaps if you did warfronts before 50 you could earn that or what 5 mins to do the open world quests? instead of expecting to hit 50 get a couple of dungeon run weapons and being set to pvp.. perhaps you should have at least done pvp first to earn the weapons.. easy to do just make it so t1+ weapons have half effect in PvP, that way as your levelling up you can earn the the favor from warfronts so when you hit 50 you can buy what you need.

    And for the record I got my first PvE weapon free when I began my trek in PvE would you prefer a 1.5 dps weapon given to you at 50? or would you rather have earnt the favor to buy the basic one from quatermaster instead of a handout?

    see I to can throw pointless misdirection tactics to validate my arguments
    R1 pvp weapon is about 8000 favor which takes less than an hour to get doing a warfront or 2 and dailies.

  13. #43
    Shield of Telara Serashen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mlaar View Post
    whats the base cost of first PvP weapon? couple of thousand? hmm perhaps if you did warfronts before 50 you could earn that or what 5 mins to do the open world quests? instead of expecting to hit 50 get a couple of dungeon run weapons and being set to pvp.. perhaps you should have at least done pvp first to earn the weapons.. easy to do just make it so t1+ weapons have half effect in PvP, that way as your levelling up you can earn the the favor from warfronts so when you hit 50 you can buy what you need.

    And for the record I got my first PvE weapon free when I began my trek in PvE would you prefer a 1.5 dps weapon given to you at 50? or would you rather have earnt the favor to buy the basic one from quatermaster instead of a handout?

    see I to can throw pointless misdirection tactics to validate my arguments
    I think you should just continue arguing a moot point till you're blue in the face, just for the sake of being contrary. /go
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

  14. #44
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    +HIT working in pvp should be tossed out the window.


    yes the title of the thread can be debated which is "better" but its not about the title of the thread but the topic. if we are going to have a seperation, we need to do it a little bit both ways.


    I made a video before, you can go watch it if you want, but one thing you will notice is i never parry or dodge in the entire video. but if you look at my stat sheet I have 19 dodge and 19 parry.
    NO, not a parry rating of 19 , an actual 19% dodge rate and a 19% parry rate.

    currently my pve raider friends complain that pve gear "has its stats eaten up by +hit" while pvp gear dosent. pve gear gets valor which is useless in pve. but hit works in pvp and all the nice bells and whistles that pve gear gets (relic procs ect) work

    I was saying BEFORE this change that i am tired of raid geared rogues and warriors jumping me and killing me easily with almost no time invested in pvp. this would be a step in the right direction to making things closer to the way they should be.
    I like how these proposed PvP changes are making P8's **** a brick...now they are sad they cant spam one button macro's with there toes in a WF while eating a sandwich and and reading a book and still be on top of WF's. NOT TO MENTION, THAT P8's ARE RAIDING HAMMERKNELL!

    NO ONE CARED WHEN THAT HAPPENED. NOW WE ARE SEEING WHO WAS SITTING FAT AND HAPPY IN THERE RANK 8 GEAR...THE ONES THAT ARE CRYING NOW. SHUT UP, AND EAT THE GD NERF!

  15. #45
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    If you want to be the best, you need to participate in all aspects of the game.

    All serious raiders are working towards 4-piece R8 with synergy crystal.

    All serious PvPers are working towards raid weapons with +hit.

    Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts