+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: PvE style 'tagging' of enemies should NOT be used in PvP

Soulwalker

Default PvE style 'tagging' of enemies should NOT be used in PvP

Let's say I'm a Guardian. I see a Defiant trying to gank another Guardian who is undergeared. He hits the Defiant with a stun and tries to run away. I use a charge/gap closer, use another stun and kill the Defiant while the other Guardian keeps running away, why should the other guy get the Prestige/Favor?

I did 99% of the damage. I was the one TAKING the damage when the Defiant changed targets to start fighting me instead. Shouldn't I get the favor/prestige?

TRION should change it such that ALL parties involved in PvP combat should share in all of the prestige/favor. This PvE tagging business should not be the rule in PvP!

I really don't see why credit couldn't be given out for world PvP kills the same way you get credit for a Rift kill. At best it would encourage more world PvP or for people to try even if others have it already or if they know they are alone and are worried once they tag the player nobody would help.

While I am sure somes mileage may vary, even for me on a PvP server who frequently makes overworld kills, the smallest avenue of my rewards are probably still from world PvP. Which what I mean is that easier given credit in this area I don't think would equate to way to easy to get favor/prestige. Even if I got credit for every kill I participated in by far my main inflow of favor/prestige is warfronts and quests.

This is appealing to me also somewhat cause I am a total solo player. But it has never bothered me though have ran into it countless times, would just be a nice addition. +1
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-29-2011 at 01:55 PM.

They should borrow WARs model for distributing favor/prestige between groups. Split it based on which group did more damage to the target (and build up a pool that can be gained through healing when you deal damage). So if you and me are solo and deal 50% of the dmg each we get 50% of the favor/prestige each. If you deal 90% and I 10% you get 90% of the rewards. These numbers would of course be split internally in the group the same way they are now.
    Last edited by Vayra; 08-29-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

I'm not gonna lie, I've let people die just so the tag would reset and I'd get the kill myself. I hate how the system is.

If someone is gray, it's been tagged by someone else and if I help the person that tagged get the kill, I won't get my daily done. I have to hope they die so the tag resets, and then I jump in to kill the person. If it was a shared system, where even if I'd hit the opposing faction person once I'd get credit for the kill, I'd always be willing to help out a fellow realm mate.

I've actually submitted a Feedback about that a month ago. Really hope they change this eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass
    People on the internet are jerks, deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    They should borrow WARs model for distributing favor/prestige between groups. Split it based on which group did more damage to the target (and build up a pool that can be gained through healing when you deal damage).
    I can't remember the system all to well as it has been a long time, but I think they'll have to be careful if they go that route. I beleive later in the time I was playing Warhammer they increased the amount given, but I remember starting out healers had a really tough time getting renown. I'd be all for it though if they can give healers a good amount for their efforts still though.

"Creation is a paradox. It hatches from its opposite."—Olka, Mistmeadow witch
    CGhub Portfolio | My Sketchbook | RIFT related sketches and art | Rift Gear and wardrobe concept sketches

Quote Originally Posted by Typrop View Post
    I can't remember the system all to well as it has been a long time, but I think they'll have to be careful if they go that route. I beleive later in the time I was playing Warhammer they increased the amount given, but I remember starting out healers had a really tough time getting renown. I'd be all for it though if they can give healers a good amount for their efforts still though.
    Heh, that was because they reduced healing renown due to a bug which gave healing renown for healing ANY damage taken while rvr flagged. So people were jumping off cliffs and getting healed thus getting really fast renown. But it was fixed again later so that as a solo healer running around the lakes I could gain ridiculous amounts by hotting people up in for example keep sieges and getting the full renown (since I was solo I didn't have to split it with a group).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    They should borrow WARs model for distributing favor/prestige between groups. Split it based on which group did more damage to the target (and build up a pool that can be gained through healing when you deal damage). So if you and me are solo and deal 50% of the dmg each we get 50% of the favor/prestige each. If you deal 90% and I 10% you get 90% of the rewards. These numbers would of course be split internally in the group the same way they are now.
    How did WAR handle the following:

2 clerics beating the snot out of each other, doing enough damage to kill each other 9 times over. I show up and see that both your health bars are still full from all the self-healing. Then I come in, toss a healing debuff on the cleirc and add a well-timed silence on him, allowing you to kill the cleric.

In the above scenario, I did no damage but was completely instrumental in killing the cleric. How much favor/prestige would WAR give me?
    0%?
    10%?
    Last edited by overbyte; 08-29-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Rift Disciple

Absolutely agree with this. Makes doing dailies difficult if you're not part of the zerg group. Also makes PvP rifts stupid when there is more then one raid.

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    How did WAR handle the following:

2 clerics beating the snot out of each other, doing enough damage to kill each other 9 times over. I show up and see that both your health bars are still full from all the self-healing. Then I come in, toss a healing debuff on the cleirc and add a well-timed silence on him, allowing you to kill the cleric.

In the above scenario, I did no damage but was completely instrumental in killing the cleric. How much favor/prestige would WAR give me?
    0%?
    10%?
    Honestly, I don't remember. But the system wasn't perfect so it is possible you wouldn't have gotten much if anything (though I don't recall any heal debuffs that don't deal damage).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ---AlterEgo--- View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, I've let people die just so the tag would reset and I'd get the kill myself. I hate how the system is.

If someone is gray, it's been tagged by someone else and if I help the person that tagged get the kill, I won't get my daily done. I have to hope they die so the tag resets, and then I jump in to kill the person. If it was a shared system, where even if I'd hit the opposing faction person once I'd get credit for the kill, I'd always be willing to help out a fellow realm mate.

I've actually submitted a Feedback about that a month ago. Really hope they change this eventually.
    The current mechanics just promote bad behavior. I bail so many of my fellow Defiants out when they get ganked only to go no daily count credit or favor/ prestige. I have been starting to wait until after the fight just so I can get the credit.

On the other hand, when the raid group is full I will run around in stealth tag targets I usually can't solo and rely on the raid group to help me finish them.

Either way ist's just not good.

So many traitors here!

I still help my fellow Defiant if it's grey or not >.<

Soulwalker

Yep! Especially when running around as a stealthed rogue, and I see someone that needs help, I'm more inclined to let the person die and then pick off the scraps. I definitely don't want to be blowing my 2 minute cooldowns to kill someone that I don't get prestige/favor for.

+ Reply to Thread