+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 117
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: If you havn't 5v5d, stop bashing arena

  1. #31
    Rift Disciple Veiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    Because:
    • World PvP is a zerg fest.
    • World PvP is boring as hell most of the time.
    • Most of the people that I have done PvP rifts with have stopped doing them after they reached the desired Reputation.
    • Most of the people were AFKing in PvP Rifts and carrying stones.
    • There are almost no PvP rifts active when there is Escalation weekend.
    • World PvP is AOE madness.
    • If you are not rank 6+ you get one shotted by 3 Cabalist+3 51 Warlocks doing nothing but spamming AOE.
    • When there are to many people Server can't handle it and we get insane lag. If you have ever done/seen 40vs40 you would know what I am talking about.

    What "Arenas" would bring:
    • It would move a lot of Premades and rank 8 people from boring Warfronts to Arenas. You fail PUGs fail to see that Rank 8 PREMADES do NOT want to fight useless rank 1 pugs. They do that because there is NO other way.
    • It would bring some competitive PvP in the game.

    i just have to say.. perfectly said

  2. #32
    Plane Touched Larrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    247

    Thumbs down hehe

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiraden View Post
    I'm sick of you people who havn't played truly competitive 5s and bash arena. It's the only fun thing to do in this game. Set up fights and 5v5 black garden are the most fun aspect of current pvp.

    Do you not get sick of being undergeared and 2 shot by r8s?
    Do you not get sick of being r8 and two shotting scrub casuals?
    Do you not get sick of being bored and still playing this game?

    Lets change.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcNNeVsxAYQ

    Here's an example of competitive 5s
    sure let them have arena, all gear from arena has nil value in pvp then yea have as many as u want

    Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

  3. #33
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    When you post a 5vs5 premade that has a Rogue we can have arenas.
    I'll show you a Rogue in competitive PVP next time we run a premade. Thats all we run. Warrior, Rogue, Cleric, Mage, 5th slot can be w/e. Bard/cleric/warrior or Mage. It's w/e compliments your setup the best, whether it be needing another healer, or an tanking offhealer with grp utility, or just dmg for the assist train.

    Either way, saying Rogue's cant be played in competitive PVP is very, very laughable. It just goes to show how horrible people are at them.

  4. #34
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    Did we watch a different video?
    It's Dominator/2xWarrior/2xCleric premade through entire Video.

    EDIT #1: Nevermind, you mean the enemy Marksman with some ****ty spec.

    EDIT #2: Haha, wtf spec can the MM has, seriously.

    EDIT #3: It's some Assassin/Marksman/Infiltrator variation without 38 points in Marksman. Hilarious.
    The hilarious part is you think 38 in Marksmen is worth it. Thats why you think they're not good in 5v5.

  5. #35
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    Because:
    • World PvP is a zerg fest.
    • World PvP is boring as hell most of the time.
    • Most of the people that I have done PvP rifts with have stopped doing them after they reached the desired Reputation.
    • Most of the people were AFKing in PvP Rifts and carrying stones.
    • There are almost no PvP rifts active when there is Escalation weekend.
    • World PvP is AOE madness.
    • If you are not rank 6+ you get one shotted by 3 Cabalist+3 51 Warlocks doing nothing but spamming AOE.
    • When there are to many people Server can't handle it and we get insane lag. If you have ever done/seen 40vs40 you would know what I am talking about.

    What "Arenas" would bring:
    • It would move a lot of Premades and rank 8 people from boring Warfronts to Arenas. You fail PUGs fail to see that Rank 8 PREMADES do NOT want to fight useless rank 1 pugs. They do that because there is NO other way.
    • It would bring some competitive PvP in the game.
    You've kinda redeemed yourself with this post, but you're still a horrible ****ing rogue.

  6. #36
    Shadowlander SIbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    I'll show you a Rogue in competitive PVP next time we run a premade. Thats all we run. Warrior, Rogue, Cleric, Mage, 5th slot can be w/e. Bard/cleric/warrior or Mage. It's w/e compliments your setup the best, whether it be needing another healer, or an tanking offhealer with grp utility, or just dmg for the assist train.

    Either way, saying Rogue's cant be played in competitive PVP is very, very laughable. It just goes to show how horrible people are at them.
    This are the Rogue damage builds that I have seen so far in this game (most have been tested):
    Infiltrator (10) / Marksman (51) / Riftstalker (5)
    Infiltrator (5) / Marksman (44) / Assassin (17)
    Infiltrator (15) / Marksman (0) / Assassin (51)
    Infiltrator (10) / Nightblade (44) / Marksman (12)
    Infiltrator (21) / Nightblade (45) / Bladedancer (0)
    Assassin (20) / Saboteur (44) / Ranger (2)
    Infiltrator (15) / Saboteur (51) / Ranger (0)
    Infiltrator (19) / Bladedancer (28) / Assassin (19) (with a lot of variations)
    Infiltrator (0) / Nightblade (44) / Riftstalker (22)
    Assassin (18) / Nightblade (33) / Infiltrator (15)

    All of the specs above are underperforming compared to:
    • 51 Cabalist
    • 51 Warlock
    • 51 Dominator
    • 38rb/28 champ
    • Ragestorm build
    • Subdue spec
    • 51Rb (if you already have LW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    The hilarious part is you think 38 in Marksmen is worth it. Thats why you think they're not good in 5v5.
    From all the specs I have tested I have come to the conclussion that Improved Hit&Run is highest burst I could get. Marksman also provides Eradicate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    You've kinda redeemed yourself with this post, but you're still a horrible ****ing rogue.
    I'm a horrible Rogue because you say so. I have at least made posts on why I think Rogue is bad. So, yes... please tell me which variation of a spec do you have.

    NOTE: Do not worry. We all know that BARD is stongest Rogue soul in both PvE and PvP. No need to talk about how good a Bard... sorry, I meant how good a Rogue is.
    Last edited by SIbb; 08-29-2011 at 02:31 AM.
    Op@Sagespire -> Laizy@Whitefall ->
    Oooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 7, quit) & Ooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 8, quit)
    Note: CYRUS sucks!

  7. #37
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    I'm not gonna post my PVP spec's on the forums because thats what Rizaz and Kutsmuffin do and get warriors nerfed. You're close on a few spec's, but no cookie just yet.

    Try combining BD/Infil/NB and some other MM builds with other good rogue souls.

  8. #38
    Shadowlander SIbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Five minute EDIT timer:
    This is the spec I wanted to post rather then the one I did. I took 20% Armor instead of 15% AP on the spec above.

    Infiltrator (0) / Nightblade (44) / Riftstalker (22)
    Last edited by SIbb; 08-29-2011 at 02:34 AM.
    Op@Sagespire -> Laizy@Whitefall ->
    Oooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 7, quit) & Ooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 8, quit)
    Note: CYRUS sucks!

  9. #39
    Shadowlander SIbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    I'm not gonna post my PVP spec's on the forums because thats what Rizaz and Kutsmuffin do and get warriors nerfed. You're close on a few spec's, but no cookie just yet.

    Try combining BD/Infil/NB and some other MM builds with other good rogue souls.
    Infiltrator (15) / Bladedancer (23) / Nightblade (28)
    Infiltrator (15) / Bladedancer (13) / Nightblade (38)
    Don't see how second build would be better then the first.
    Also do not see how damage output of this build would be superior then damage output of the classes I have listed above.

    Also I do not see a Marksman build that does not have 38/44 Points in it. There is no reason not to go 38 points in Marksman. 38MM/28 NB if it must be but I don't see how damage from this spec is superior to 51 MM and it also has less survivability and no Eradicate.

    NOTE: Also saying that you have the best spec but not telling which is it or providing any Video of your PvP doesn't seem like a lot. ("The best" spec is meant as in spec better then any spec that could be found on forums)
    Last edited by SIbb; 08-29-2011 at 02:53 AM.
    Op@Sagespire -> Laizy@Whitefall ->
    Oooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 7, quit) & Ooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 8, quit)
    Note: CYRUS sucks!

  10. #40
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    Infiltrator (15) / Bladedancer (23) / Nightblade (28)
    Infiltrator (15) / Bladedancer (13) / Nightblade (38)
    Don't see how second build would be better then the first.
    Also do not see how damage output of this build would be superior then damage output of the classes I have listed above.

    Also I do not see a Marksman build that does not have 38/44 Points in it. There is no reason not to go 38 points in Marksman. 38MM/28 NB if it must be but I don't see how damage from this spec is superior to 51 MM and it also has less survivability and no Eradicate.

    NOTE: Also saying that you have the best spec but not telling which is it or providing any Video of your PvP doesn't seem like a lot. ("The best" spec is meant as in spec better then any spec that could be found on forums)
    When I said Infil/BD/NB, I didnt literally mean that as far as point spread.

    Like I said, I dont care about anyone's opinion about whether my spec is good or not because Im not posting it. I know what happens when people post their builds on forums, everyone starts running it, and then it gets nerfed. It's how it is. I'd rather keep my build and laugh at all the rogue QQ.

  11. #41
    Banned winner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
    What Amazes me is the hate people have towards Arena play - if you don't want to participate, don't join.
    It's not for you, it's for the 5v5 teams that want it.


    Not only should it be Premade-only, it should be Continent-Wide.

    Arenas in Rift will not cause your precious Open World PvP to disappear - it's already non existent since the game's launch. A more or less even fight is extremely rare - and there's almost no reason to contest. People just wait for their side to get numerical advantage. If you want serious OW-PvP then sign up for the GuildWars 2 beta and pray for the game to release well implemented WvWvW. Trion has proven there will be no interesting OW-PvP here - you saw their best with the PvP Rifts.

    There's no reason for you to oppose the desires of many Arena players just because Trion failed you in your own preferences. You're just being spiteful.

    Actually u are wrong 1.5 brings new pvp zone

  12. #42
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    5min edit timer - I will however throw out that all pvp spec's have heal debuff or two in them.


    As far as my first post, if you dont believe me just go look at all the spec's posted in Warrior forums' then look back at all the patches and see what spec's were nerfed. Theirs reason why they're nerfed, and its not because they're OP, it's because they're massively used, and OP.


    One thing I am super surprised hasn't been nerfed yet is Riftstalker flag runner spec's. Thats honestly crazy how that hasnt been nerfed yet. Yea, they've nerfed picking up the shards with immune's up and absorb sheilds, but get real blinking across the map is hilariously OP.
    Last edited by Swiftly; 08-29-2011 at 03:06 AM.

  13. #43
    Shadowlander SIbb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    When I said Infil/BD/NB, I didnt literally mean that as far as point spread.

    Like I said, I dont care about anyone's opinion about whether my spec is good or not because Im not posting it. I know what happens when people post their builds on forums, everyone starts running it, and then it gets nerfed. It's how it is. I'd rather keep my build and laugh at all the rogue QQ.
    Ok, look. There is not much you can look at when you say BD/Inf/NB.
    There are a few things that you know to help you choose talents:
    • Bladedancer gives Deadly Dance buff. If you put more then 0 points in Bladedancer you want the Deadly Dance buff.
    • You want DPS side of infiltrator tree. Left side provides a weak purge and interrupt. Not really needed. Better to go for stackable damage increase debuff.
    • A lot of Nightblade talents provide buffs to finishers. There is no reason to pick them when you have Deadly Dance.
    • You could go more heavy in Bladedancer (for Dualism burst) but then it would be better to spec Assassin since it provides better damage output then NB as subscpec. Something like 40BD/17sin/7Inf (2 points spent wherever you want).

    This build still doesn't provide better dps/burst then Warrior builds.

    EDIT: Why would you have heal debuff in your spec is beyond me. Lingering Wounds is way way way way way way way superior.

    EDIT #2: Saying you wont post your spec because it would get nerfed. Haha... seriously?
    Last edited by SIbb; 08-29-2011 at 03:12 AM.
    Op@Sagespire -> Laizy@Whitefall ->
    Oooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 7, quit) & Ooooooo@Whitefall (Rank 8, quit)
    Note: CYRUS sucks!

  14. #44
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SIbb View Post
    . Haha... seriously?
    Yes, seriously. I dont come to the forums for PVP spec's, nor will I give out mine. I did the same thing in Warhammer, and my Witch Elf's spec wasnt ever nerfed, but destroyed everyone, and everything. As I sat back watching the QQ on the forums. Also, take into account that i'm talking about a spec after 1.2 when WE's were destroyed, and everyone cried poor mouth.

  15. #45
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhiraden View Post
    Warfront's are mindless button smashing no skill involved

    quitting wow because of arena, just makes you a failure at competitive pvp. there is nothing better than competitive pvp
    Playing fotm 2W / 2 C / 1M against groups with like a pyro in it.
    + There is no 2 Warrior assist in oposing teams.
    = Congrats to your setupbash.

    You maybe should try 51 Archon / 15 AM, get your auras up, then your debuff-buffs and assisting your Warrior assist. The results will be by far better than that. There is no way you can heal through that damage without very strong mitigation cooldowns (like neddras for instance). Due to the fact, that pillaging stone proccs burning purpose and both of them get a very high bonus from spellpower, this nuke is pure madness in pvp as soon as you got good gear.

    I made a demonstration Video back in the R6 days to show the insane damage:

    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheKido1.../0/IU1LUpaYc8M

    Now with Rank 8, full geared + 200 spellpower 4 hours enchant on my weapon i double crit on valorcapped targets (1200 valor) vor more than 2,5k every 1.8 seconds while staying at 44,51% crit selfbuffed.

    If you don't have to heal in a 5 on 5 environment and there is no other archon, this specc is by far the best you can go with. Dominator is fine but due to DR mechanics and how healmechanics work in this game, especially in premade pvp the archon is by far the better choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts